You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 155>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 7:11pm
He's in the under 21's at 17. Who cares what games underage teams have. If Kenny deems him worthy for call up whenever that maybe, let's assume it's a well thought out decision and not knee jerk.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

He's in the under 21's at 17. Who cares what games underage teams have. If Kenny deems him worthy for call up whenever that maybe, let's assume it's a well thought out decision and not knee jerk.

..and thats fine if hes going to play him, otherwise its a waste of time when he could be playing competitive underage games that are good for his development and Kenny can keep a close eye on him instead of having him sit on the bench for senior friendlies. What good has it done for Parrott the last year?
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

..and thats fine if hes going to play him, otherwise its a waste of time when he could be playing competitive underage games that are good for his development and Kenny can keep a close eye on him instead of having him sit on the bench for senior friendlies. What good has it done for Parrott the last year?

Well thought out decision... I'm sure Kenny is aware of this. But if he called him up (regardless if he plays him or not) Kenny thinks that him being in the senior squad is a far better decision than keeping him in an under age.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 8:19pm
Well, yeah, but it wouldn't mean it was right.

We have enough forwards in the squad who are unproven at club level already without calling in another. The lad has recently turned 17 and has played two senior games, give him time to develop.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2022 at 8:35pm
At least we know that Kenny will call him up if he feels he is ready, regardless of how old he is. He won't drag the arse out of it like managers in the past.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 11:11am
Could really do with this lad becoming top class, or at least being a good goal scorer for us. 
We have some very promising keepers, defenders and midfielders emerging now in the 18-23 age bracket. 
Really lacking in the striker department. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 11:43am
He looks really promising. He was getting praise for an assist that was very much an accidental one however it was the other stuff in his little cameo disallowed goal positioning he has a real strikers instinct. Would have had another close range tap in if Maupay didn't play an atrocious ball across to him missing him completely. 

That was all in 40 mins of football. He's a baby in football terms only turned 17 in October so it's important he's given time to develop play under 23 matches too if he isn't getting off the bench every week for Brighton. 

Connolly Idah Parrott are still young the first two its an issue of not getting the appropriate gametime for their development. Connolly hopefully will get rolling now. Odubeko Okoflex Kenny Sinclair Armstrong we have plenty young strikers who have plenty potential. I'm confident one if not a few of them will develop into PL quality strikers in time. 

England is a horrible environment for young attackers to learn their trade in general tends to take them a bit longer to come good so important to have Patience with these lads. Walters for example was playing League 2 football at 23. We may get a bolt from the blue too of this type.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 11:47am
I'd love to see one of them go to a mid rank Bundesliga or Ligue 1 team, just to see how it would go compared to the EPL. It might be a disaster, they might struggle with the culture etc. but the first team pathway seems a lot clearer in those leagues.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 11:51am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'd love to see one of them go to a mid rank Bundesliga or Ligue 1 team, just to see how it would go compared to the EPL. It might be a disaster, they might struggle with the culture etc. but the first team pathway seems a lot clearer in those leagues.

Sotona did this and vanished and has yet to re-surface.
But I agree that players looking further afield (out foriegn, as we like to say!) can only be a good thing.

As for Ferguson, hope BHA take it very slowly here.
I know we all want a superstar forward to emerge but that's so incredibly unlikely and heaping pressure on the lad can't be good.

I'd be happy if he had a decent U21 year for us - maybe get a goal or two and just settle in to that bracket.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 11:52am

Aaron Connolly was linked with Bundesliga clubs before making his breakthrough. Evidently the pubs in Baden-Württemberg weren't to his liking. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 12:04pm

Even take Daragh Burns Emakhu vs Johnny Kenny now at Celtic. 3 most promising young strikers in the LOI last year The 2 lads look likely to stay on another year will likely play regularly while Kenny has made the move to Celtic. Where will the 3 of them be this time next year. 

Gametime is paramount at that age.

Sotona went to Nice and that hasn't worked out so it ain't an exact science of course. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 12:09pm
Where would you see highlights of the match to see more of his cameo role?
All MOTD showed of him was the accidental assist
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 12:11pm
Haven't heard much about Glory Nzingo since he went to Reims either.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I managed to catch the game on a dodgy stream from when he came on. Found this on YouTube 11 mins of highlights should show you plenty. https://youtu.be/95TxakZL0Yg
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I managed to catch the game on a dodgy stream from when he came on. Found this on YouTube 11 mins of highlights should show you plenty. https://youtu.be/95TxakZL0Yg

Thumbs Up
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 12:54pm
It's great to hear he has a good attitude and work ethic. That always helps a lot.
He looks a great potential and hopefully he will get better as well
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

he has been injured but back playing and scoring recently 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

he has been injured but back playing and scoring recently 

Definitely getting his name on my shirt before I hit Downtown Yerevan!
It's not me it's you:-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 155>
  Share Topic