Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 155>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evan Ferguson
    Posted: Yesterday at 10:10am
Originally posted by nirvana2024 nirvana2024 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

How were Batistuta and Jean Pierre-Papin doing at his age?

So your comparing Evan Ferguson to those . First of all Ferguson is no where near as talented .
Didn't pappin win a ballon dor .

Ferguson will win a ballon D’or too! Relax.
Sponsored Links

Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:00am

Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Steven Ireland killed 3 grannies to avoid playing a football match, if thats any good to you?

That type of ruthlessness is why he scored 4 goals from 6 games for Ireland.

We need Ferguson to take out all 4 grandparents to reach optimum level.

All jokes aside I really think Ferguson lacks the mentality of the really top players.

Roy Keane said in an interview that he lost count of the times in his career when he came up against insanely talented footballers who were involved in a relegation scrap .

Reckons that if  they even put half the work he put in, they would have been playing for the beat club teams in the world.

Not every top sportsman has to be a psychopath to make it at the top either.

Roy Keane, Michael Jordan and co are extreme examples.

Not saying you have to a psychopath but you need an elite mentality to maximise your talent .

I am sure Harry Kane is a nice guy but the guy has so much confidence . If he misses a chance it doesn't bother . Easy come, easy go .

You won't get in to a goal drought if you have that mentality . Ferguson seems to let it play on his mind.

I think they are two positions in the football field where you can loose your nerve and not reach your potential .

Goal keeper and striker .

How many goal keepers have we seen fade away .

Barthez, Hart,  etc .

The same with strikers fowler, torres etc

Harry Kane? The guy who has never won a trophy in his career and failed to score in all four finals he's played in during his career? He also had 0 PL goals at the age of 19 compared to Ferguson's 12 goals.

Barthez never faded away. He was a ball playing GK who didn't suit early 00's PL football and went on to play in a WC final in 2006. 

Hart was never that good to begin with. Decent GK and finished his career on a high at Celtic.

You're being overly dramatic and pessimistic.

I am not writing him off . I am tempering expectations that people on here have of him.
He can have a decent career with Brighton, but unlike a lot on here . I don't believe he will ever be playing as a striker for a top four club .

Ask yourself this . If he is as good as you say he is . Why does the manager always favour Welbeck over him even when Ferguson was scoring goals.

When did I even say Ferguson was good?

Every manager has their favourites and players they trust. Welbeck is an erratic finisher, but a very well rounded CF overall. He can run the channels, hold the ball up, link the play, win aerial duels and chip in with goals/assists. That's why he's played in The PL for over 10 years despite chronic injury problems. He's also one of a few Brighton players with experience. The squad is very young outside of Dunk, Milner, Gros and Welbeck. 

Ferguson has started 15 of Brighton's 28 PL games this season. It's not like he's not getting minutes.

He's simply out of form.

It could be from an ongoing knee issue, which was reported weeks before Christmas. There were reports/rumours that his knee keeps swelling between games and that it's difficult to treat. Maybe he needs surgery.

But you are being overly pessimistic. 

nirvana2024 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:44am

Steven Ireland killed 3 grannies to avoid playing a football match, if thats any good to you?

All jokes aside I really think Ferguson lacks the mentality of the really top players.

Roy Keane said in an interview that he lost count of the times in his career when he came up against insanely talented footballers who were involved in a relegation scrap .

Reckons that if  they even put half the work he put in, they would have been playing for the beat club teams in the world.

Not saying you have to a psychopath but you need an elite mentality to maximise your talent .

I am sure Harry Kane is a nice guy but the guy has so much confidence . If he misses a chance it doesn't bother . Easy come, easy go .

You won't get in to a goal drought if you have that mentality . Ferguson seems to let it play on his mind.

I think they are two positions in the football field where you can loose your nerve and not reach your potential .

Barthez, Hart,  etc .

Harry Kane? The guy who has never won a trophy in his career and failed to score in all four finals he's played in during his career? He also had 0 PL goals at the age of 19 compared to Ferguson's 12 goals.

Barthez never faded away. He was a ball playing GK who didn't suit early 00's PL football and went on to play in a WC final in 2006. 

Hart was never that good to begin with. Decent GK and finished his career on a high at Celtic.

I am not writing him off . I am tempering expectations that people on here have of him.
He can have a decent career with Brighton, but unlike a lot on here . I don't believe he will ever be playing as a striker for a top four club .

Ask yourself this . If he is as good as you say he is . Why does the manager always favour Welbeck over him even when Ferguson was scoring goals.
Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:30am

Barthez, Hart,  etc .

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:19am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I think he looks unfit.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he has to get a minor op during the summer and something is holding him back.  He is not moving freely across the ground like he used to be. 

Yeah that’s the impression I get too. He hasn’t looked fit for a while and that combined with low confidence and limited service has lead to the goal drought. Hopefully he gets whatever the issue is sorted over the summer.

I had forgotten that he got injured after the Newcastle game. I think it’s one of those ones that he can play on or he could get an op and be out for 4-6 weeks so they decided to leave it until the summer.  Happened with Richardilson too until eventually he just got it done and was like a new player.  Obviously he had mental health issues too.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:10am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

So your comparing Evan Ferguson to those . First of all Ferguson is no where near as talented .
Didn't pappin win a ballon dor .

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 9:45pm
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 9:38pm
Shearer actually scored a hattrick on his full debut at 17 or 18 and then didn't score for 2 years! It happens when you are making your way in the game. Didn't turn out bad in the end though.
We haven't really got anyone obviously better in the short or long term anyway so might as well persevere as he works his way out of his bad patch. Never seems to have really got going after his injury last autumn so maybe just needs some off season rest and then a good preseason to get his form back. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 9:28pm

I think he looks unfit.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he has to get a minor op during the summer and something is holding him back.  He is not moving freely across the ground like he used to be. 

Yeah that’s the impression I get too. He hasn’t looked fit for a while and that combined with low confidence and limited service has lead to the goal drought. Hopefully he gets whatever the issue is sorted over the summer.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Would he agree with the fitness bit. Looks very sluggish.

I have never been convinced that Evan Ferguson has what it takes to be a top striker . if you look at his goal scoring record in the u21's he only scored 1 in 11 appearances .

Also he looks soft as well, a sensitive lad . Compare him to elites strikers like Lewandoski who looks like the friggin Terminator . Tough as nails .

Harry Kane who looks like he has nerves of steel .

I think Ferguson has the skill set of those guys but the mentality . I highly doubt it .

John Giles made a great point about all the great players . He said that they all would kill their granny  to win a football match .

Would Evan Ferguson kill his granny to win a football match .I'm not so sure.

I know kane ,lewvandowski and Shearer would.

You're comparing a 19yo with a 30yo, a 35yo & a lad that's been retired nearly 20 years.

When Kane was 19 he spent the first half of the season on loan at Norwich in the PL, 0 goals in 5 apps.
Second half of that season he was on loan at Leicester in the Championship, 2 goals in 15 apps.

Lewandowski at 19 was in the Polish 2nd Tier, 21 goals in 34 apps. Great record for a 19yo, but a considerably lower level than the modern PL.

Shearer was with Southampton in the old First Division, 5 goals in 35 apps.

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

He scored a hat trick v Newcastle. The week before that he could have scored three against West Ham, the keeper made some good saves. That's the player he is.

He got an injury just after the Newcastle game and he hasn't performed anywhere near the levels he had previously. It's an odd one. 

He's been out of form since Kenny was sacked. There's a simple solution...
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 8:29pm
A nice holiday, followed by a good pre-season and then a fresh start new manager. He'll be firing come next season and won't turn 20 until November.

Need to remain calm and support the lad.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 8:08pm
He scored a hat trick v Newcastle. The week before that he could have scored three against West Ham, the keeper made some good saves. That's the player he is.

He got an injury just after the Newcastle game and he hasn't performed anywhere near the levels he had previously. It's an odd one. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 5:49pm
Even Ferguson is too much of a leftie. I think he'll find more success on the right wing. Take the goal scoring pressure off him. He doesn't deal well with open spaces. Needs a solid hard border one side and the sideline will give him just that. Killing a granny would be a bonus. Killing 2 would be captain material.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 5:47pm
A 19yo lad playing in the PL lacks mentality, looks soft, is too sensitive and if he's not careful, could end up like Robbie Fowler or Fernando Torres......
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 5:04pm

Barthez, Hart,  etc .

Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 4:39pm

Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 4:35pm

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2024 at 3:43pm
If gobsh*tes like Stephen Hunt ripped out my hair plugs I wouldn't play for us again either. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 155>
  Share Topic