You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Laser Eye Surgery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

The big thing for me was the type of vison.  I wore contacts, sometimes glasses. The difference I had between contacts and post laser vision was like the difference between old analogue telly and Sky HD. It was unreal. Being able to count sheep on a mountain a couple of mile away whereas it'd all be a blur after. Life changing stuff really. 
Always on the prowl 
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

The big thing for me was the type of vison.  I wore contacts, sometimes glasses. The difference I had between contacts and post laser vision was like the difference between old analogue telly and Sky HD. It was unreal. Being able to count sheep on a mountain a couple of mile away whereas it'd all be a blur after. Life changing stuff really. 
Always on the prowl 

Its a serious skill the part of the world im from. that or a wank basically. 
@AntrimMan85
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2021 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Had it done 10-12 years ago. Best thing I ever did

Likewise, 10 years this year. Was worth ever penny.

I got it done about 12 years ago as soon as I needed glasses. 
The doc said I would need to go back later to get it done again but I’m still good. Would definitely recommend it. 
No hassle at all. I got it done on a Friday and was back at work on the Monday. 

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Had it done 10-12 years ago. Best thing I ever did

Likewise, 10 years this year. Was worth ever penny.

I got it done about 12 years ago as soon as I needed glasses. 
The doc said I would need to go back later to get it done again but I’m still good. Would definitely recommend it. 
No hassle at all. I got it done on a Friday and was back at work on the Monday. 

Said similar to me. I think he said when I hit 30 I might need it again but i'm 32 now, yes the eyesight is not as strong as it was but nowhere near needing to get it done again.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021 at 9:23pm
How much is it to get the surgery?
It would damage this forums' reputation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Optilase rang me.  Couldn't get a proper quote off them.  They kept saying it depends on your eyes etc..  Anyway I asked for a ball park and I think you can get both eyes done for around 4000 or less.

She told me to go away and get an eye test and bring my prescription to them.  I was surprised at that.  I thought they would be testing your eyes an examining them and then tell you you need xyz etc. 

So next step is going to get an eye test in Specsavers.   I asked them about laser eye surgery before and they seem set against it.  Loss is custom I suppose although they would not admit that.

Edited by Trap junior - 29 Aug 2021 at 11:15am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Optilase rang me.  Couldn't get a proper quote off them.  They kept saying it depends on your eyes etc..  Anyway I asked for a ball park and I think you can get both eyes done for around 4000 or less.

She told me to go away and get an eye test and bring my prescription to them.  I was surprised at that.  I thought they would be testing your eyes an examining them and then tell you you need xyz etc. 

So next step is going to get an eye test in Specsavers.   I asked them about laser eye surgery before and they seem set against it.  Loss is custom I suppose although they would not admit that.

Do you wear gregorys?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Do you wear gregorys?

No.  I do have a pair I got 5 years ago but never wear them.  Haven't a scoobie what prescription they are.  Yer wan on the phone said to get another test anyway as it has been a few years.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 12:17pm

Do you wear gregorys?

No.  I do have a pair I got 5 years ago but never wear them.  Haven't a scoobie what prescription they are.  Yer wan on the phone said to get another test anyway as it has been a few years.

Why wouldnt you just wear a pair of gregorys? A new look Cool
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 12:19pm

Do you wear gregorys?

Don't like em Jeff.  Summink bout them.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 12:20pm

Do you wear gregorys?

Don't like em Jeff.  Summink bout them.

Here we go LOL

What is it about them?
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2021 at 12:25pm
They're a nuisance.  Can't play sport in them or anyfink.  Gives me the right hump.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 11:38am
Had it done in 2013 at Mater Private. Was 1600 per eye, but with 20% tax back, membership of a medical scheme and Union optical scheme, my net was a fraction of the full cost.

The aftercare in Mater was outstanding. As for pain, when the protective lens was removed after a week it was f**king agony but next day was right as rain. I recommend it highly TJ. Have needed reading glasses the past 12 months but was advised of that likelihood before the surgery. In day to day life, my sight is still brilliant with no after effects whatsoever.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2021 at 11:42am
and loads need reading glasses even if they don’t get surgery and often have two sets of glasses esp when they hit their 50s
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 1:56pm
Finally got round to having a consultation yesterday.  Apparently my eyes are too dry at the moment to have the surgery so have to start a 3 week course of treatment to see if that helps. If not I cant have surgery.

Cost was told would be 3850 bunts.  

She told me a few things that are making me slightly hesitant to go ahead if given the green light.

She said I might be sensitive to light and my depth perception may feel different.  Also I dont want any long term pain or halos.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 2:21pm
My mother had the same issue and thats some years ago. She went ahead with and hasn’t eh looked back. Theres potentials with everything
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

My mother had the same issue and thats some years ago. She went ahead with and hasn’t eh looked back. Theres potentials with everything
Glad she sorted her lazy eye.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 6:45pm
My girlfried is considering getting this done, keep us updated Trap J on your opThumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic