You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joel Bagan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Isn't Manning now playing as a CH in a 3-at-the-back for Swansea?

I'd like to see us trial out some players in that LWB role in March and would be happy to see Manning, Scales or Bagan get decent minutes, especially in the 2nd match.

I'd say Manning is some ways ahead of the other two and will be in the squad, but be interesting to see if SK calls up one of the others as cover.  I don't think we need to be playing McClean in these friendlies.

Yeah he's mostly played at CB this season for Swansea and they did move him back out to LWB for a few games but moved him back to CB again because defensively they were poorer without him in the back three.

I'd say the move to CB this season is a good thing for him because it's something Kenny mentioned when asked about CBs. He referenced the fact Stevens, Manning, and might have mentioned Scales can play LWB or LCB, and Doherty who filled in at CB against Wales last year.

Think it might have been when we named four CBs in October and Coleman was out injured. It's probably a big reason why Manning is making squads that he offers cover at LCB.

Sponsored Links

SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 4:15pm
Another goal!

Call him up he seems our best finisher already! 😄 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 4:18pm
3 in 3! Just stick him up front LOL
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2022 at 1:09am
Joel Bagan - a young left back born in England, played underage for Scotland and presently plays his football in Wales is now our most in-form goal scorer. What a time to be alive! 
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 5:09pm
Didn't start today but came on as sub and assisted Cardiff's first goal in their 2-1 win over QPR

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 5:36pm
Maybe someone that watches Cardiff regularly will fill me in but it's astonishing he even got dropped to the bench today considering the form he's in..

Has savage attacking output one of his goals a few weeks ago he showed genuine poachers instinct in how he managed to put himself in a position in the box. A few weeks ago I said he's arguably 4th/5th in the LWB pecking order and a year or two off a senior squad place now I wouldn't remotely mind him being called up. Stevens is missing (injured I presume) Manning is playing CB for Swansea Scales out the Celtic squad. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 6:04pm
Harry Arter, Obafemi, Red China, Johnny Kenny
Big Mick, Walters, Joe DiMaggio
James McCarthy, Terry Dixon, Studebaker, television
North Korea, South Korea, Glen Crowe
Rosenbergs, H-bomb, Sugar Ray Treacy, Tom the Gom
Brando, "Noel King and I", and "Peter Stringer with the try"
Simon Power, COVID vaccine, Ireland's got a new team
Marc Wilson, Ogbene, Sotona, goodbye
Bagan didn't start the fire
It was always burning, since the Championship's been turning
Bagan didn't start the fire
No, he didn't light it, but he tried to fight it
Credit: Billy Joel Bagan
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 8:47pm
Very nice through ball assist. Hit the crossbar earlier in the game also.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 10:41pm
Jamilu Collins off injured after 9 minutes tonight.. hopefully Bagan is in for some game time now.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Jamilu Collins off injured after 9 minutes tonight.. hopefully Bagan is in for some game time now.

They put O'Dowda in at left-back, and he did well, so Bagan may be out of luck.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 10:52pm
Probably the only one on the bench that could do a job there. He's been their best attacking player so can't see them sticking him out of position at LB.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 3:16pm
Jamilu Collins has done his ACL and is out for the season. Will be interesting to see if Bagan gets a decent shot now or if they go back into the transfer market before it closes.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 3:21pm
They'll have to go into the market because they only had two LBs and didn't see Bagan as a starter this season.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 3:39pm
Bagan looks a really good talent and going forward looks frightening on his day. 

Hes played championship football as 18/19 years old and popped up with a few excellent performances and a few goals/assists.

Part of me thinks he's been fasttracked because of his left sided position and probably needed a little more time to fill out and work on his defensive responsibilities.

Good news is that at 20 he's already got a very good amount of experience.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Technical_method Technical_method wrote:

Bagan looks a really good talent and going forward looks frightening on his day. 

Hes played championship football as 18/19 years old and popped up with a few excellent performances and a few goals/assists.

Part of me thinks he's been fasttracked because of his left sided position and probably needed a little more time to fill out and work on his defensive responsibilities.

Good news is that at 20 he's already got a very good amount of experience.

Cardiff fans have mostly said similar and did cut him a bit of slack at first because he was mostly playing because they had no money to reinvent and needed to cut some costs.

Going forward he has his moments and can find good positions coming in field when attacking. But needs to work on his defensive side, especially now that Cardiff have gone to four at a back.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 11:30am
Starts today, I’m at the game, will report on himself and O’Dowda Wink
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 12:08pm
Off with bad injury after 6 mins.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 12:08pm
6mins into the game and Cardiff lose their only other LB to injury.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic