Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

European Internationals Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 21>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 9:46pm
Norn Iron🙈
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Sponsored Links

Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 11:25pm
Unfortunately, it's looking more and more likely that England will win a tournament one day soon. Spain, Italy, Belgium, Germany and The Netherlands aren't what they were. Croatia are still good.

France, Argentina and Brazil are the only three nations that I'd back against them if a match was played tomorrow.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 7:49pm
How is that Scotland game going ahead. Pitch is absolutely flooded with water. Ball cant move properly
I love beer gardens
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

How is that Scotland game going ahead. Pitch is absolutely flooded with water. Ball cant move properly
This game's going to be an absolute farce. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 7:53pm
That pitch in Glasgow is totally unplayable. I don't know how on earth it got the go ahead from the match officials - it looks dangerous with all that surface water.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

That pitch in Glasgow is totally unplayable. I don't know how on earth it got the go ahead from the match officials - it looks dangerous with all that surface water.

Scotland goal a direct result of the pitch imo...
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 7:57pm
Absolutely farcical. Why start the game atal? Shambolic 
I love beer gardens
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I'm not sure I've ever seen an international match proceed with that amount of water on a pitch. The officials have totally cocked up here in allowing it to go ahead.
Corey100 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 8:03pm

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I'm not sure I've ever seen an international match proceed with that amount of water on a pitch. The officials have totally cocked up here in allowing it to go ahead.

Absolute howler of a decision to begin the game by the officials, surprised the two managers didn’t nab the referee to postpone the game until conditions improve. The whole integrity of the match has been shot because Scotland reaped the benefits of the weather and took the lead only for the game to be halted sixty seconds after. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 8:33pm
Rodrigues is a God for Luxembourg.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 8:46pm
For anyone not watching the Scotland game and wondering what the problem was...LOL

https://fb.watch/lhKkiBBLWu/
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 9:29pm
Hansi Flick is surely going to be under pressure soon. Germany look awful under him. 

Only 1 win from their last 5 friendlies. 3 defeats since March.

Bulgaria, Moldova and Luxembourg on course for some great results tonight.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 9:32pm
Moldova beating Poland, having been two down. Went to 1000/1 on betfair to win it. 
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Moldova beating Poland, having been two down. Went to 1000/1 on betfair to win it. 

Moldova won 3-2. Did you have any money on it?
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Do the winners of the Div A Nations League qualify for the Euros ?

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

No I think it's just the over all winner of the Nations League that will get automatic spot.
But I could be wrong.

No and No. 

The 24 teams that go to the Euros are Germany (pre-qualified as they are the hosts), 20 teams from the current qualification groups (the top 2 teams in the 10 groups) and the 3 playoff winners in March 2024 (based on your 2022 nations league position, not your 2023 qualification group). 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Netherlands are absolutely atrocious. I think Greece will end finishing 2nd in our group.

I don't disagree with you. A lot could change between now and September/October/November however. 

If Greece finish in the top 2 in our group it could cost us a spot in the Nations League playoff for Euro 2024 in March 2024, as Greece are ranked below us from the Nations League. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 8:07am
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Moldova won 3-2. Did you have any money on it?

Nope! Just checked it after to see, was only a small amount bet at that price. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2023 at 3:38pm
Maguire, Phillips and Henderson named in the England squad yet Sterling left out Confused

Edited by Denis Irwin - 31 Aug 2023 at 3:39pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 21>
  Share Topic