You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Scales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 9:14pm
Not looking too much like a friendly to me, particularly given the overacting of the Betis players at times. In any case, they are a quality side, 3rd in La Liga and the fact that Scales looks quite comfortable and is having a decent game at this level is a real positive. McCarthy on the other hand is looking a bit off the pace unfortunately.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 10:01pm
Less involved in the second half, but he can be happy with that overall I think.

The pace of the game itself picked up after half time.

Edited by You Tell Me - 09 Dec 2021 at 10:04pm
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 10:12pm
He was very solid, unfortunately McCarthy looks finished (judging by him tonight anyway.)
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Less involved in the second half, but he can be happy with that overall I think.

The pace of the game itself picked up after half time.

I thought Liam played well tonight.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 10:24pm
Thought he was very good one of thier better players. Taylor the left back I just don't remotely rate would be interested to see if there's a hint or two in the coming weeks Scales could get a proper run.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 11:23pm
BBC with the green tinted glasses loads on this forum keeps going on about.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 5:16am
Didn't see the game but Ange made comments when Scales joined that he wasn't up to the requisite pace needed to start at that point and had some work to do. Getting a goal the weekend and doing okay against La Liga opposition, albeit in a dead rubber of sorts, is fairly indicative of progress on Scales' part since those comments from Ange. It feels like things are going in the right direction and the busy schedule has been referenced- there are 3 weeks left in December and Celtic have 5 league games and a league cup game and this all culminates in an Old Firm on 2 Jan. A couple or more starts would be a great way to round out 2021.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 7:01am
Nice to see him weigh in with a goal at the weekend Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 1:52pm
Rewarded for his efforts midweek with a seat in the stands today.

(Could be injured to be fair)
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Rewarded for his efforts midweek with a seat in the stands today.

(Could be injured to be fair)

One or two murmurs of a family bereavement on the bird app. Try to be nice to players but Greg Taylor is not remotely convincing as a LB. Surely Scales will get a run soon if he keeps playing like he did against Betis when given opportunities.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 6:34pm
Liam starts for Celtic tonight at Ross County.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:11pm
Grabs an assist for the opening goal
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:12pm
Cracking cross from Liam for Abadas goal to put Celtic 1 0 up.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:24pm
If he can establish himself in the Celtic team, he will skip ahead of Stevens for us in March. Anyone who's watched him regularly for Rovers knows the potential he has 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:25pm
hopefully he does, stevens is beyond poor.
No Pasaran!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:35pm
He's doing well, getting more involved in the game and getting forward a lot, drawing fouls and putting in some decent crosses.

A solid half.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 8:44pm
Agree he's doing well tonight. Composed on the ball. Lovely cross for the goal. If he can stay in the celtic team (and there's no reason why he shouldn't given his recent contributions) he would deserve a place in the Irish squad.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 9:03pm
Gives the ball away cheaply for no real reason, Celtic concede a corner and then Scales loses his man for the goal. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
  Share Topic