You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Scales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 20>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 1:54am
hasn't been in the squad in a month and a half. might need a move away in the summer whether loan or permanent, taylor playing very well recently too
Sponsored Links

turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

hasn't been in the squad in a month and a half. might need a move away in the summer whether loan or permanent, taylor playing very well recently too
Ya he's fourth choice fullback at present, and not really going to get any game time at present if the other 3 are fit. Even if the starting left full Taylor drops out, Ange would go with Ralston at right full and move Juranovic to the left. In fairness he's played 10+ games in his first season which isn't bad, but whether he has a long term future at Celtic is debatable.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 2:48pm
Aberdeen reported today to be trying to sign Liam Scales, with a possible loan deal next season prior to a full transfer.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Aberdeen reported today to be trying to sign Liam Scales, with a possible loan deal next season prior to a full transfer.
needs to leave that clown club Celtic and Jim goodwin is just the man to take care of him.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 1:42pm
I was hoping Goodwin would raid Celtic for some of the Irish lads. Hopefully he takes Johnny Kenny too. And maybe McCarthy.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Signs for Aberdeen today on a season long loan.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 3:48pm
A much more suitable club for him, he got found out a bit at Celtic. Will be interesting to see if he can hold down a first team place there.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

A much more suitable club for him, he got found out a bit at Celtic. Will be interesting to see if he can hold down a first team place there.

Did he though? Seemed to play well in most games apart from Bodo Glimt and got plenty of goal involvements in a small enough number of appearances. I'd say he's another in a growing queue of players who made a bad choice when choosing Celtic.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 4:11pm
He did ok - but I think there are better players ahead of him at Celtic. He's prone to lapses in concentration. 

A year at Aberdeen will do him good.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 4:51pm
The manager took against him for some reason...seems to want his full backs to be of a particular stature, small and fast. Maybe if he was called Scalasku he might have good a fair chance. Good move for him...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 5:38pm
Good move
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 5:40pm
I've weighed up the pros and cons and I think this is a great move.
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 7:33pm
Agree its a good move for him. Had fallen down the pecking order at Celtic, who are also in the market for another left back by all accounts. Interesting to see Goodwins comments that he sees him as a left sided Central defender. From the bits I saw of him in the loi I always thought that was his main position.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by turbo10 turbo10 wrote:

Agree its a good move for him. Had fallen down the pecking order at Celtic, who are also in the market for another left back by all accounts. Interesting to see Goodwins comments that he sees him as a left sided Central defender. From the bits I saw of him in the loi I always thought that was his main position.
Thats where he played his best for Rovers, reads the game very well and a good passer. He was played out of position by AP, always an indication that a manager doesn't fancy you.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 10:13pm
Should be a good move for him. Didn't seem to be quite at the level for Celtic but a year of good experience and it might get him up to speed. 
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 7:45pm
Made his first appearance for Aberdeen in the Scottish league cup in a 2-0 win against Peterhead.
He seemed to play in a back four as the left sided centre back.

Edited by darman28 - 10 Jul 2022 at 7:54pm
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 2:26pm
Made his third start for Aberdeen in a back four on the left side of two centre backs. I know it is only the league cup against Scottish league one and Championship teams but they haven't conceded yet.
It will be interesting to see how he gets on in that position with Aberdeen in the SPL this season.
There is some good feedback from a few Aberdeen fans on social media about him so far.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 4:40pm
Scales got a second yellow card and sent off just before half time for Abredeen .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 20>
  Share Topic