You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Scales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 1:50pm
With Manning out, McClean's limitations, Stevens only just returning, Scales has a good shot at making the LWB plaice his own

Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

With Manning out, McClean's limitations, Stevens only just returning, Scales has a good shot at making the LWB plaice his own

Should have a good chance of starting vs Qatar particularly if we get the win vs Azerbaijan. Longer term, Mc Clean is 32, Stevens 31 - so he will hopefully be battling it out with Manning 25 and Bagan 19 for that spot by the time the Euro campaign rolls around in earnest in March 2023.
Idah Dream!
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 3:03pm

Kenny’s been in Wigan a lot. Read into that what you want. McCleans here for the foreseeable!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Kenny’s been in Wigan a lot. Read into that what you want. McCleans here for the foreseeable!

Are you inferring that the team manger is having an affair with Jimmy? Jaysus wept!
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Are you inferring that the team manger is having an affair with Jimmy? Jaysus wept!

Or that Kenny has been scouting Wigan games a lot. Don't know what weird fantasies you have if you think he's inferring Kenny and McClean are having an affair.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Or that Kenny has been scouting Wigan games a lot. Don't know what weird fantasies you have if you think he's inferring Kenny and McClean are having an affair.

Well I guess Will Keane might have something to do with that rather than Mc Clean whose ability I'm sure he is well aware of. Smile I'm a big fan of Jimmy's btw, great servant, but 32 now, I merely inferred that he might not still be around come the start of the next Euro campaign and Scales will have a good shot at nailing down that spot in the not too distant future.
Idah Dream!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 1:40pm
Comes off the bench and scores a lovely goal.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Comes off the bench and scores a lovely goal.

Fantastic finish.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 6:22pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdDmijJtCTc
From the 8 minute mark

Edited by darman28 - 05 Dec 2021 at 6:23pm
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 6:27pm
Lovely cushioned finish.
The commentator calls him William Scales. Truly there are many hidden facets to this young man.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 7:19pm
Took a fairly big deflection I think. Good to see him getting minutes though and hopefully that means he is genuinely in the manager's plans as a potential starter before long.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Lovely cushioned finish.
The commentator calls him William Scales. Truly there are many hidden facets to this young man.

He was named for King Billy.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 8:01pm
Would seem like an ideal opportunity to start him in the last Europa group game now as Celtic are confirmed in third so nothing really on the game. It's actually unusual for Celtic to have a dead rubber game because they take the domestic cups so seriously. If he doesn't get a start in that game, realistically when will he?
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 9:21am
Quality goal from Liam hopefully the Barndarrig man will get more game time for Celtic now.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 9:51am
Exactly.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 6:55pm
First start tonight.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 8:48pm
had a decent first half… seems tidy enuff
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 9:04pm
Tough one to judge as it has a bit of a friendly match feel at times and this is an entire second choice Celtic 11 other than Kyogo coming on as a sub. 

Having said all that he has looked good. Whether that's enough to put him into contention for league starts remains to be seen - the commentators keep mentioning that Celtic have a lot of games coming up, but they've never been ones for major rotation in the league.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
  Share Topic