Liam Scales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 9:35pm
He’s been very good again tonight 

Sponsored Links

Salmon of Knowledge View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salmon of Knowledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 9:32pm
Haven't seen much of Scales, just Aberdeen v Rangers in Hampden last season, Celtic v Rangers the other week, and a bit of the Feyenoord game tonight. 

Looks decent any time I've seen him. Looks comfortable playing the ball out of defence with his left foot, especially "for a big lad"!

Maybe more seasoned watchers of celtic can confirm if he's international class, but most of our central defensive options are pushing on now. 

Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 9:32pm
Scales playing very well 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Anyone watching the game?how is he doing?

Watching it and he’s arguably been their best player. Midfield weren’t imposing enough in the first half and it told late on. The other CB actually wasn’t too bad either until he got sent off. 

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 9:30pm
Perfect example there of the sh*te players that celtic sign that keep young prospects out of the team.

One stick from Sweden, the other from Norway, noones heard of either of them.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 9:27pm
Anyone watching the game?how is he doing?
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

Is he our only player in the Champions League this season?
Mikey Johnston is on bench tonight as well. Alex Murphy is maybe a long shot to make the Newcastle bench at some stage
Thumbs Up

Didn’t know Johnston was back at Celtic.

His squad number is 90 LOL will he be anywhere near the squad in the league? CL bench must have 15 players on it

He didnt get a look in under Ange, but Rodgers played Mikey when he was at Celtic previously, I think he has every chance of game time in the coming weeks. Rodgers likes him. Tonight might come too soon given he is just back in training this week.
Idah Dream!
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 7:53pm

Mikey Johnston is on bench tonight as well. Alex Murphy is maybe a long shot to make the Newcastle bench at some stage
Thumbs Up

His squad number is 90 LOL will he be anywhere near the squad in the league? CL bench must have 15 players on it
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 7:38pm

Thumbs Up

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 7:12pm

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 7:09pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Gets his start anyway. Some journey for him from UCD to the Champions League. Hope it goes well for him.

Indeed. Only 5 or 6 weeks back he was being strongly tipped to be on his way out the door. Best of luck to him, up the Celts. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 6:58pm
Gets his start anyway. Some journey for him from UCD to the Champions League. Hope it goes well for him.
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

So, to summarise, he could have a good game or he could have a bad game.Thumbs Up
Pretty much just no point making excuses of why he might play sh*t before or if it happens 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He's not some kid being thrown in at the deep end here. He's 25 and it's Feyenoord they're playing, not Real Madrid. It's time for him to make the step up now if he's going to do it.

Lining up the "he's finished" post for this evening I see LOL
We're decent enough..
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 3:39pm
So, to summarise, he could have a good game or he could have a bad game.Thumbs Up
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 3:39pm
He's not some kid being thrown in at the deep end here. He's 25 and it's Feyenoord they're playing, not Real Madrid. It's time for him to make the step up now if he's going to do it.
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by PaddyMaddenIsCounty! PaddyMaddenIsCounty! wrote:

How he performs on the night is down the him. If he plays well or sh*t is down to him, if his central defensive partner decides to be a liability doesn’t mean Scales has to be. Doesn’t matter how much they scored in previous games. Think like that you’ve lost before kick-off. Bit early for excuses.

I'm rooting for him, but I think it's only fair to point out that it's likely to be a difficult evening, no matter who lines out for Celtic. Just trying to provide a bit of context.
He could also step up and have a great game while others around him crumble. Who knows. He could also be the weak link at the back.  Context is for afterwards. Nothing needs putting putting in context when it hasn’t happened. If he plays sh*t he plays sh*t no excuses. He is paid to step in and perform when needed like the rest of them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>
  Share Topic