FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Scales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gerhavfc View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerhavfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

12:27pm Edit Post  https://forum.ybig.ie/edit_post_.asp?PID=2549707&PN=18 - Edit  Quote&amp;nbsp;zizu Kilbane  https://forum.ybig.ieew_reply_.asp?Quote=1&PID=2549707&PN=18&TR=316 - Quote  Post Reply  https://forum.ybig.ieew_reply_.asp?PID=2549707&PN=18&TR=316 - Reply
Labhraíonn Liam Scales as gaeilge le teleifís FAI:

https://twitter.com/IrelandFootball/status/1724762582542663858?t=9gz8D2QJ1iBvBUl8gIV3UQ&s=19 - https://twitter.com/IrelandFootball/status/1724762582542663858?t=9gz8D2QJ1iBvBUl8gIV3UQ&s=19

Is iontach an rud é gur thóg siad an deis é a chuir faoi agallamh trí Gaeilge.Clap
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 12:11am
Scales speaks Irish better than Kenny speaks English
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 12:00am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

12:27pm Edit Post Edit  Quote&amp;nbsp;zizu Kilbane Quote  Post Reply Reply

Great to see
Here we go again, we're on the road again
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 8:46pm
 12:27pm Edit Post Edit  Quote&nbsp;zizu Kilbane Quote  Post Reply Reply

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 3:48pm
Ridiculous disparity. Scales has done the business since he got his chance and took it. I’m sure Rodgers will want to keep him so good luck to him if he gets a better deal.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Scales is on 5k a week and Nat Phillips is on 64k a week. Although Celtic are only paying 14k of that wage.

Jaysus, 64k a week for that carthorse
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 3:19pm
Scales is on 5k a week and Nat Phillips is on 64k a week. Although Celtic are only paying 14k of that wage.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 3:04pm

Liam Scales has been tipped for a contract extension at Celtic by Brendan Rodgers.

The Irishman has played the last 15 games for the Scottish champions after getting a chance due an injury crisis at centre half.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Do you think Scales has the pace to play a very high line the way that Ange likes to play.  Not so sure he does. 

Fair dues to the lad for taking his chance and he deserved his call up to the squad last month but his lack of pace is a definite weak spot. Hi

I noticed in the Gibraltar away game during the second half, they had a nippy little forward who turned Scales too easy in the middle of the pitch and sped away leaving him for dead. It didn't come to anything in the end but a cause for concern.

I would definitely fear for him being caught out in a high line against higher quality strikers as he doesn't have the acceleration to recover in a similar situation. 
He done quite well against Griezmann & Morata recently. Fortunately, he is a very good reader of the game and has good positional sense which is more important than pace IMO.   

It depends in what system he is playing in.   If you are a centre back in an Ange team or any team that plays a very high line you have to have pace.   

I remember when John Terry played under Villas Boas at Chelsea and he was exposed every week as they played a high line.  The minute they returned to playing deep he was quality again.  The great managers have a way of playing pick players to suit
That style.   The main thing is that the 11 players you pick are all able to play the style of football you want them to play and have the attributes to play it.   Sometime very good
Managers drop very good players for the greater good as they don’t fit the system. 

If pace was that important to the system why was he selecting Starfelt and Carter Vickers? Neither are notably fast. The reality is that Scales was never his player, he was signed purely because of Dermot Desmond.

Edited by The O'Shea - 05 Nov 2023 at 8:50pm
We're decent enough..
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Do you think Scales has the pace to play a very high line the way that Ange likes to play.  Not so sure he does. 

Fair dues to the lad for taking his chance and he deserved his call up to the squad last month but his lack of pace is a definite weak spot. Hi

I noticed in the Gibraltar away game during the second half, they had a nippy little forward who turned Scales too easy in the middle of the pitch and sped away leaving him for dead. It didn't come to anything in the end but a cause for concern.

I would definitely fear for him being caught out in a high line against higher quality strikers as he doesn't have the acceleration to recover in a similar situation. 
He done quite well against Griezmann & Morata recently. Fortunately, he is a very good reader of the game and has good positional sense which is more important than pace IMO.   

It depends in what system he is playing in.   If you are a centre back in an Ange team or any team that plays a very high line you have to have pace.   

I remember when John Terry played under Villas Boas at Chelsea and he was exposed every week as they played a high line.  The minute they returned to playing deep he was quality again.  The great managers have a way of playing pick players to suit
That style.   The main thing is that the 11 players you pick are all able to play the style of football you want them to play and have the attributes to play it.   Sometime very good
Managers drop very good players for the greater good as they don’t fit the system. 

Edited by Baldrick - 05 Nov 2023 at 8:46pm
AKA pedantic kunt
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 8:25pm

Fair dues to the lad for taking his chance and he deserved his call up to the squad last month but his lack of pace is a definite weak spot.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 2:45pm
It is true. He got an opportunity because of injuries and he took that opportunity and is playing very well. A lot better than his performances in the previous year.

If he was as good as you make him out, he wouldn't have been loaned out to Aberdeen,

The issue here isn't really about Scales, it's your inability for any of our players to be criticised. You seem to take it personally. 
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 2:34pm

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

Has played a few lovely passes for Celtic today that they really should have scored from. Going from strength to strength. The fact he was surplus to requirements for them prior to an injury crisis doesn't say much for Celtic.

You might not have seen him play last year for Celtic, looked out of his depth. Loan move to Aberdeen got him up to speed and most importantly took his chances since he got in. You say it doesn’t say much for Celtic yet they were the team that signed him from LoI and gave him his chances this year when injuries occurred including keeping him in the team after Nate Phillips was signed. Actually says quite a lot about Celtic. 

He didn't play last year for Celtic, they bombed him out after a bad game against Bodo/Glimt (where the whole team was terrible). Shocking club who have got lucky to "discover" a good player.

Sean is right. He played 13 games for Celtic and he was not great at all. He went to Aberdeen, played a full season with them, came back to Celtic and looked a completely different player.

He got a second chance and took it.

He was perfectly fine except for one bad game against the aforementioned, where as I've said the whole team was terrible. He'd be playing for St Mirren now if Celtic hadn't been forced into using him, the mighty Celtic probably would have signed a painter/decorator from the Honduran 3rd division in his place!

He just simply didn't do enough in the games to warrant a starting position. He came back a much more assured player when he returned from Aberdeen.

That's not true though, is it? They had absolutely no intention of playing this "much more assured" player this season until their hand was forced. They happened upon him, nothing more.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 2:29pm

Has played a few lovely passes for Celtic today that they really should have scored from. Going from strength to strength. The fact he was surplus to requirements for them prior to an injury crisis doesn't say much for Celtic.

You might not have seen him play last year for Celtic, looked out of his depth. Loan move to Aberdeen got him up to speed and most importantly took his chances since he got in. You say it doesn’t say much for Celtic yet they were the team that signed him from LoI and gave him his chances this year when injuries occurred including keeping him in the team after Nate Phillips was signed. Actually says quite a lot about Celtic. 

He didn't play last year for Celtic, they bombed him out after a bad game against Bodo/Glimt (where the whole team was terrible). Shocking club who have got lucky to "discover" a good player.

Sean is right. He played 13 games for Celtic and he was not great at all. He went to Aberdeen, played a full season with them, came back to Celtic and looked a completely different player.

He was perfectly fine except for one bad game against the aforementioned, where as I've said the whole team was terrible. He'd be playing for St Mirren now if Celtic hadn't been forced into using him, the mighty Celtic probably would have signed a painter/decorator from the Honduran 3rd division in his place!

He just simply didn't do enough in the games to warrant a starting position. He came back a much more assured player when he returned from Aberdeen.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 10:55am

He's no slower than Starfelt was, nor do Carter-Vickers or Greg Taylor possess any notable pace. Playing a high line didn't seem to cause him many issues yesterday, he played most of the game midway into Ross County's half, more adavnced than his CB partner.
We're decent enough..
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 10:49am

Fair dues to the lad for taking his chance and he deserved his call up to the squad last month but his lack of pace is a definite weak spot.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 10:08am
AKA pedantic kunt
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2023 at 10:00am

We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
  Share Topic