You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Team Ireland Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Timmy McCarthy on commentary for the Basketball ClapClapClapClap

Was switching over between the Mayo Galway game and the basketball, for the commentary rather than the game. It was like something you'd get from a stream put on by a club for the U14B county semi final. Brilliant entertainment.
He's an interesting chap, was a star on the Irish circuit in the 80's, played for Blue Demons in Cork when the place was the centre of Irish Basketball, probably the best player we've ever produced. Retired and went on to have big jobs at New Ireland and Ulster Bank. He's had cancer the past few years. his son played a few years in the First Division
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/brian-mccarthy/profil/spieler/96489

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Constantly watching sports you have usually have no interest in and it's great.

Most of which are a lot more entertaining than football.

One of the things I love about the Olympics, was enthralled by the trialthon last night and that would be 3 sports I'd have little interest in outside of the Olympic games LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:13pm
Surfing live on Eurosport 2 now

Stormy enough Shocked

Edited by Denis Irwin - 26 Jul 2021 at 11:14pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 3:35am
Got up to support fellow Sligonian. Well done Mona. Not her fastest but a fine achievement and hopefully next games she can push for podium. Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 8:45am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Got up to support fellow Sligonian. Well done Mona. Not her fastest but a fine achievement and hopefully next games she can push for podium. Clap

Yep. This was bonus territory for her. Paris is her main target Clap

Edited by Denis Irwin - 27 Jul 2021 at 8:46am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:14am
Good achievement for her but when it's the main news article for 8th place......reminded me a bit like the wall of Gaylord in Meet the Fochers and Robert De Niro's comment "i didn't know they give prizes for 7th place".

Edited by t_rAndy - 27 Jul 2021 at 9:16am
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:52am
good to see the sailing lads win the 1st of their races. Race 2 and 3 postponed.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:01am

Watched the highlights of the canoe slalom, great entertainment.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Good achievement for her but when it's the main news article for 8th place......reminded me a bit like the wall of Gaylord in Meet the Fochers and Robert De Niro's comment "i didn't know they give prizes for 7th place".
8th best in the WORLD !!!!!!!

Not 7th best in Middletown Junior High
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:09am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Watched the highlights of the canoe slalom, great entertainment.

Should bring back Sports Stadium and Grandstand back for stuff like this on a regular basis Clap

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:15am
I actually had the pleasure of running on the track in the ancient stadium in Olympus. A few of us had a race but I couldn't even finish. Between the heat and a serious feed of drink the night before there was no PB. LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

It's a huge achievement given her age, first Olympics, and the fact that she's only the 2nd swimmer from here to make an Olympic final. A fair bit less notorious than the other swimmer to make an Olympic final.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 11:54am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

It's a huge achievement given her age, first Olympics, and the fact that she's only the 2nd swimmer from here to make an Olympic final. A fair bit less notorious than the other swimmer to make an Olympic final.

The amount of tip toeing around it. No name mentioned just mentioning only one other swimmer had done it previously LOL

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 12:44pm
Surprised Osaka got beat in the tennis. 
I was sure she would win gold.

Brits seem to win a lot of swimming now for the last few Olympics 

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 1:03pm
Great swim from Wiffen. Very odd accent mix of North and Liverpool 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Likely to be not enough. Swimming is odd in that the qualifiers are by time as opposed to placement as in Athletics (Fastest losers aside)

Edited by Denis Irwin - 27 Jul 2021 at 1:06pm

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Likely to be not enough. Swimming is odd in that the qualifiers are by time as opposed to placement as in Athletics (Fastest losers aside)

Yeah seem to be a few ahead of his 7:51 time
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 1:36pm

30 years later we're still watching repeats of the time the football team got to last 8 in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
  Share Topic