You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Team Ireland Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team Ireland Olympics
    Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:14pm
So Tokyo 2020 begins tomorrow. We sending our largest ever team probably due to fact Ireland qualified 2 sides in team events ( hockey and rugby 7s). Good chance of a few medals. Hopefully two in rowing, good chance of another in boxing. Following that best hope is golf or cycling. Going to be a lot of long nights and early mornings over here due to time difference

Edited by ripbomb - 22 Jul 2021 at 2:15pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 2:16pm
Some pain in the arse times for the boxing. Kellie Harrington fighting at 3am our time next Fri morning Thumbs Down

@damien_omeara

Kurt Walker the first 
@IABABOXING
 to see action. 04:03 (Irish) Saturday. 

Emmett Brennan - 12:42 Sunday 
Brendan Irvine - 00:03 Monday 
Michaela Walsh - 06:27 Monday 
Aidan Walsh - 03:30 Tuesday
Aoife O’Rourke - 10:18 Weds
Kellie Harrington - 03:00 Friday

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 3:49pm
Wait till the 2032 Olympics in Brisbane. LOL

Thankfully the next 2 games are in cities with better TV viewing times ie Paris and then LA. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Wait till the 2032 Olympics in BrisbaneLOL

Thankfully the next 2 games are in cities with better TV viewing times ie Paris and then LA. 

This is one of the reasons FIFA were reluctant to see Australia host the 2022 World Cup, brown envelopes being the main reason of course.

I love the Olympics both summer and winter, it's always great to get invested into a sport you never heard of and won't hear about until at least the next Olympics 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:28pm
Enjoy the Olympics but Japan got f'd in the A for this one. Absolute sickened that you wait so long and get the hosting rights and turns out to be snake bitten. 
Would also be such a killer for an athlete to qualify and then catch covid and not be able to compete after all the hard work. No doubt there will be more cased during the tournament and it will be a sad way for it to end. Fingers crossed our lads and lassies at least get to compete and hopefully we get some medals.

The tallaght girl Adeleke looks a huge prospect for the future in the 100m and 200m, think this one came around too soon

Edited by t_rAndy - 22 Jul 2021 at 4:29pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:35pm

Wait till the 2032 Olympics in Brisbane. LOL

Brisbane is only an hour further ahead! 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 4:40pm
Can't wait for the Athletics to start.

Clap
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Wait till the 2032 Olympics in BrisbaneLOL

This is one of the reasons FIFA were reluctant to see Australia host the 2022 World Cup, brown envelopes being the main reason of course.

I love the Olympics both summer and winter, it's always great to get invested into a sport you never heard of and won't hear about until at least the next Olympics 

Not an issue anymore, what with the new World Cup schedule having 4 matches per day (see Qatar 2022).  So wherever you are in the world, there'll always be at least one game on at a reasonable hour.

Edited by newrynyuk - 22 Jul 2021 at 5:10pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:26pm
Sanita Puspure going in the single sculls at 01:40 tomorrow morning Clap

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 Jul 2021 at 10:26pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

The year delay  hasn't helped her.... almost a certain gold medal for Ireland last year but could do well to make the final here.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 8:35am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Can't wait for the Athletics to start.

Clap
It's swimming for the first week then the athletics in second week again I assume?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 8:36am

Has she? that's a pity. I haven't followed her at all but there was a lot of talk about her last year.

Do we've any medal hopes? I presume we'll get a few boxing medals, Kellie Harrington any hope of gold? Thomas Barr is our only athletics hope yeah? Presume the rowers will be close?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:07am
It will be a great achievement for Thomas Barr to make the final. I highly doubt he will medal.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Has she? that's a pity. I haven't followed her at all but there was a lot of talk about her last year.

Do we've any medal hopes? I presume we'll get a few boxing medals, Kellie Harrington any hope of gold? Thomas Barr is our only athletics hope yeah? Presume the rowers will be close?

One of the media agencies, possibly AP, tipped us for 6 meals, three gold - Puspure, the two towers and Harrington, can't remember the other three.

Think we'll be waiting til the next one and Rhasidat Adeleke to have any athletics hopes, but I know pretty much zero about it, she just seems to have bags of potential. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:28am
Rhasidat Adeleke didn't qualify as she didn't get the qualifying time (200m) and she was over looked for the mixed relay.

She then chose to run in the u20 Euro's where she casually won the 100m/20m double.

She's the real deal. I'd say she should make the Paris 200m final.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 9:36am
Sanita comfortably into the QF's winning her heat Clap

Edited by Denis Irwin - 23 Jul 2021 at 9:36am

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 3:22pm
Was already a thread here Thumbs Up
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:15pm
Full team is never there for opening ceremony. Too much standing around and burning energy. Particularly for those competing in the coming days 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic