You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Noss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 12:24pm
And not being picked in our U21 squads ... Ermm
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

And not being picked in our U21 squads ... Ermm

Maybe he didn't want to be picked? I remember him or Garcia-MacNulty, or maybe both, saying their intl future wasn't set in stone, implying that their birth countries would be their first choice all things being equal.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 12:45pm
He's wasn't in the squad as he was playing zero senior football.

Now, I am not saying he shouldn't be in the squad - I'd have him and OkoFlex in for sure, but I can understand their omission.

Now maybe he didn't want to be picked and if that's the case (it's pure speculation and mud-slinging, and some sticks regardless of the truth) then good luck to him.

Edited by Fozz - 05 Apr 2022 at 1:00pm
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 12:47pm
He's played every time he was called before, he's about a million miles away from the German squad and he wouldn't be cap-tied playing for the 21s. Nothing to read into, he just wasn't picked.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 3:04pm
Before the weekend he played ONE minute of football. ONE. As an injury time sub that didnt touch the ball.

..and because hes with the senior team week in/out he doesnt get to even play reserve team games or games of any description.

Im not sure how he could warrant a call up.

Edited by Bandwagon - 05 Apr 2022 at 3:05pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 4:03pm
Subbed on 69th minute. 2-2.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 8:53pm
Scores against Ukraine tonight
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 9:05pm
Call him up! He can do it again in June!

Seriously though, good to see him get a start & a goal. Should be involved with the U21s in a few weeks.

EDIT:
Full game:

He played well, didn't look out of place at all. Got the first 45'.
Technical, strong, mobile, energetic.
BM play the same 3421 formation we do and he slots right into that AM position (think Knight/Browne/McGrath) in the front 3.

His goal (25min 54sec in the above video) was well taken, intercepted a stray pass on the edge of the opposition box, shrugged off the challenge of a defender and slammed the ball in the top corner from 12 yards.

Almost had an assist too (42mins 50sec), picks up the ball on the halfway line and drives forward past the defender slips a pass through two more for the striker to finish, but the striker was offside.

He's clearly very capable, it'll be criminal if Crawford leaves him out again.

Edited by Greenie50 - 11 May 2022 at 11:44pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 4:07pm
Crawford's interview during the week had him talk about Spingett as a next-campaign player, and wanting to stick to the lads who have gotten us this far, for the last set of matches.

I dunno.
I don't think the U21's should be like this but should favour introducing whatever players are doing well now and getting lads involved.

I'm curious to see if the likes of Noss and Festy are in this next squad.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 4:28pm
I would agree. Especially when you can pick a 25 or 26 man squad, it's one thing if someone like Springett doesn't get straight into a fairly settled team and to be expected - but surely there could be a squad place for him? We're already missing 8 or 9 eligible players to the seniors, surely allowing for that we can't have so much depth that there isn't room for a lad starting Premier League games in the next 25 best players after that.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Crawford's interview during the week had him talk about Spingett as a next-campaign player, and wanting to stick to the lads who have gotten us this far, for the last set of matches.

I dunno.
I don't think the U21's should be like this but should favour introducing whatever players are doing well now and getting lads involved.

Could also be saying that because the paperwork hasn't been finalised, similar to Cashin back in March.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 5:51pm

I dunno.

Crawford produces dull football and would rather players who put a shift in in the lower leagues/LoI.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I dunno.

Does this mean springett will be with other underage squads?

He's overage for the U19s and doubt we'll see another U20s squad.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 6:36pm

I dunno.

Does this mean springett will be with other underage squads? He hasn't played for any international team for years, ireland u19s being the last call.

I honestly believe u21s are a feeder team to the seniors, he's in a much better position than someone like Kayode who is 22 and struggling to play in league 1 for Rotherham. 

Springett is 19, as is ollie O'Neil, odubeko and darragh Burns. 
I dont see how odubeko can come straight in but springett needs to wait.

Springett and Kayode play in different positions. Kayode also just got promoted to the Championship with Rotherham, so I'd hardly be hammering the lad that he didn't play every week.
We're decent enough..
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 6:54pm
The subtext seems to be that Crawford should select players mainly based on who else they're eligible for.

In which case, do we drop Will Ferry from the squad to fit in Tony Springett?

I mean there's not much between them. Ferry's owned by a PL team who haven't been relegated and is coming off a good season with Crawley. So, if anything, he, for example, should remain in the squad ahead of Springett. Also English born so possesses the same flight risk. Ross Tierney is Dublin-born but is getting regular first team ball with Motherwell and has scored a couple of big goals. Do we unceremoniously drop him on this whim?

Seems very reactive.

There are loads of players who've played in the PL once or twice and fallen off the radar; Doran, Toner, Harriman, Grego-Cox.

People should just cool their jets sometimes.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 14 May 2022 at 6:57pm
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 7:06pm

@oshea. Keyode really doesn't look like he's going to have an international career with ireland. Happy to be proved wrong but 

He's played 20 times in league1 for rotherham this season. Starting 11 on 6 occasions but hasn't once completed 90mins. He has one goal..

Hes played for ireland u21s on 11 ocassions and really hasn't looked anything but a strong lad up front.

Yes he plays as a different type of attacking player than Springett but that doesn't mean that can't be in competition for a place in the team.

Not just a different type but a different position too. From what I've seen Springett isn't going to be the type of player to lead the line
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 8:14pm

Originally posted by KingKenny KingKenny wrote:

@oshea. Keyode really doesn't look like he's going to have an international career with ireland. Happy to be proved wrong but 

He's played 20 times in league1 for rotherham this season. Starting 11 on 6 occasions but hasn't once completed 90mins. He has one goal..

Hes played for ireland u21s on 11 ocassions and really hasn't looked anything but a strong lad up front.

Yes he plays as a different type of attacking player than Springett but that doesn't mean that can't be in competition for a place in the team.

Not just a different type but a different position too. From what I've seen Springett isn't going to be the type of player to lead the line

Springett plays a more wide position and Kayode leads the line.... so what?

Kayode leads the line.. but badly. Hes ineffective in pretty much every game I've seen him play. 

What I'm proposing is swap a forward player who's proven ineffective with one that has the potential to be effective... 

You plan on playing without a striker? There's no point dropping a striker for another winger. Our senior squad would be 22 CBs and Josh Cullen if we were using that logic.

Kayode has been effective for us this campaign 3/3 wins with him starting. 1/4 without him. Striker mightn't be the strongest position in our team but Kayode has done the best out of all of them this campaign (although I think Odubeko could prove better if he gets more games)

Edited by KingKenny - 14 May 2022 at 8:16pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 9:01pm

Kayode may well not play for the senior team, but he is a centre forward and Springett is a wide midfielder. They simply aren't competing for the same spot. I'd disagree with saying Kayode has been completely ineffective too, as mentioned the 21's have a better record when plays, and in the most recent game against Sweden he got the knock on for Wright's goal. 

Speaking of Wright, it's probably actually him that Springett is in direct competition with.

Edited by The O'Shea - 14 May 2022 at 9:02pm
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic