You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Noss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 4:30pm
Came on in injury time today to make his debut for the club.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 5:53pm
Borussia 6-0 down today at half time at home to Freiburg. Noss getting a few minutes for the first team in the Bundesliga recently probably not worth getting excited about judging by that scoreline (he's not in the squad today).
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Borussia 6-0 down today at half time at home to Freiburg. Noss getting a few minutes for the first team in the Bundesliga recently probably not worth getting excited about judging by that scoreline (he's not in the squad today).

Haven't really seen anything to really get excited about Noss. He's decent, but no major upgrade on anything we already have. 

I think a lot of his buzz is optics surrounding him playing for a biggish German side.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Haven't really seen anything to really get excited about Noss. He's decent, but no major upgrade on anything we already have. 

I think a lot of his buzz is optics surrounding him playing for a biggish German side.

Dont agree, he looks a very good technical creative player to me, perhaps he still needs to develop a bit more physically, but he looks like a very good footballer of a type Ireland has trouble producing. He looks a proper 10 in the making.
Idah Dream!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Dont agree, he looks a very good technical creative player to me, perhaps he still needs to develop a bit more physically, but he looks like a very good footballer of a type Ireland has trouble producing. He looks a proper 10 in the making.

Would agree with John on this, he has really good technical ability, great movement and can pick a pass. Still has a lot to improve on but potential to be a good player is there.

I would say Noss, Smallbone, johansson and Moran all occupy that creative position. Hopefully we can see at least one of them develop into a good player.

If only Hoolahan was 15 years younger... 

If only Andy Reid and Hoolahan weren't the same age.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:54pm
It's a bit mad that Hoolahan is older than Reid alright, as Reid's Ireland career was all but over by the time Hoolahan's properly started. They seem like players from two different eras but were both born in 1982.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 9:28pm
Being linked with a loan move to Schalke according to some SM accounts.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 1:20pm
Also wanted by FC Zurich, who are 1st in the Swiss Super League, but Schalke have an agreement with BM.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Also wanted by FC Zurich, who are 1st in the Swiss Super League, but Schalke have an agreement with BM.

18 month loan to Schalke is pretty much done from what I've read. Makes the most sense with Gelsenkirchen being less than an hour away from Monchengladbach. He wont have to uproot and they can keep a very close eye on him.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 2:02pm
Seems like a sensible move for him. I don't know much about the German second tier, would it maybe be somewhere between the English Championship and League 1 in terms of standard? Schalke would be one of the bigger teams in the division obviously.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 2:13pm
Just hope there's a clause that he has to play X amount of minutes.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 3:47pm

Seems like a sensible move for him. I don't know much about the German second tier, would it maybe be somewhere between the English Championship and League 1 in terms of standard? Schalke would be one of the bigger teams in the division obviously.

The quality varies widely because its a small league and the teams are forever changing. 3 teams can get promoted and 3 teams can get relegated in a single season, meaning the following season could have 6 different teams in an 18 team league.

So you do have to be a regular follower of the league to get a good gauge of the quality year on year.

At present there are some traditionally big clubs there like Schalke, Werder Breman and Hamburg. It wasn't that long ago they were winning leagues/cups or finishing 2nd/3rd/4th and competing in Europe.

Yet they're all sitting mid table at present, mind theres only few points between places a win or two could see them back at the top end.

Its a competitive league on paper but without watching enough games its hard to say judge the over all quality. If I was to guess I'd say its probably is somewhere between Championship and League One. Probably like the Championship with less teams that sit mid table without ever gaining promotion and that avoid relegation every year.

Edited by Bandwagon - 09 Dec 2021 at 3:48pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 7:41pm
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

AZ Alkmaar are the new favourites for his signature according to this article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yardbarker.com/soccer/articles/amp/exclusive_borussia_monchengladbach_attacker_set_to_leave_on_loan/s1_15953_36709484
Also describes him as "Irish-born" so not sure how reliable it is
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 9:31pm
Massive win for Gladbach against Bayern tonight however Conor remained fully rooted to the bench.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Massive win for Gladbach against Bayern tonight however Conor remained fully rooted to the bench.

Was talk of him going to Schalke on loan this month a few weeks back but gone very quiet now.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 5:58pm
On in the 63rd minute with BM winning 1-0 against Mainz. That's his second appearance of the season.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2022 at 6:16pm
NOß throwing him self around up top. Poor game in general in what I've watched so far.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic