You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Noss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conor Noss
    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 4:29pm
Cant see an existing thread for him.

Has been clocking up minutes with the senior team in preseason and scored his first goal for them this afternoon against Paderborn having only come seconds earlier as a second half sub.

Hes been involved with the senior team for the guts of 2 years now, being named on the bench a number of times in the both the Bundesliga and Europa League as well as training with them regularly.

Having had a bit of a stop/start season last year due to injuries and the suspension of underage / reserve team football in Germany due to the pandemic, I reckon this will be the season he'll get his chance.

Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 4:52pm
The upcoming U21 campaign will show us what he is made of.
I'd say he will be competing for that #10 slot with the likes of Devoy who looks a lovely player.

Now of course of Conor starts getting gametime in the 1st team in Germany, he'll have to be looked at a lot more closelty but I doubt he'll make that breakthru just yet.

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 5:02pm
think ye need to find the "ß" on the keyboard lads Wink

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 17 Jul 2021 at 5:02pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Cant see an existing thread for him.

Has been clocking up minutes with the senior team in preseason and scored his first goal for them this afternoon against Paderborn having only come seconds earlier as a second half sub.

Hes been involved with the senior team for the guts of 2 years now, being named on the bench a number of times in the both the Bundesliga and Europa League as well as training with them regularly.

Having had a bit of a stop/start season last year due to injuries and the suspension of underage / reserve team football in Germany due to the pandemic, I reckon this will be the season he'll get his chance.

Seems to be having a good pre season. My own thinking was he would be sold to a Bundesliga 2nd division side this summer and his contract close to up. He could kick on them and find his level.

The sporting director said however that he sees him as one to breakthrough so hopefully he is right and I’m wrong. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 5:16pm
Hon the NosserClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 5:36pm
As far as a number 10, from what I've seen, he doesn't have the technical ability of Devoy, especially when it comes to controlling tempo and dictating play (something we so badly lack in the Irish senior team). 

Strikes me more of an attacking midfielder probably playing as a number 8. Will be interesting to see how he gets on this season. Has looked decent when I've seen him, but yet to see anything that we don't already have. 

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

As far as a number 10, from what I've seen, he doesn't have the technical ability of Devoy, especially when it comes to controlling tempo and dictating play (something we so badly lack in the Irish senior team). 

Strikes me more of an attacking midfielder probably playing as a number 8. Will be interesting to see how he gets on this season. Has looked decent when I've seen him, but yet to see anything that we don't already have. 

Yeah I'd agree with you there. More of an Alan Browne type that can play the 10 but more suited to the 8.

I reckon he'll get a run out in the Pokal cup games anyway. Its a pity they missed out on Europe last season, a point more would have seen them qualify for the Conference League where he'd have been very likely to feature.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Hon the NosserClap

That would be "NoßßerBig smile
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Hon the NosserClap

That would be "NoßßerBig smile
should be a single Ezsett no?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 8:57pm
Nossss

ClapClap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 4:17pm
Came on again at HT there for their friendly against Metz. Currently 0-0.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 4:25pm
Just scored the winner!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 3:37pm
Borussia Monchengladbach are playing Bayern Munich at 5pm today. Will be a much bigger test for Noss. Hes got 45mins in every preseason game so far so Id expect him to feature today.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 3:51pm
Will be interesting to see if he stays or goes out on loan this coming season. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 4:09pm
A few interviews of him, eyeing German international honours
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Pretty sure he was quoted as saying he was happy with Ireland 'for now', a while back.

Wouldnt be suprised to see him switch.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 4:12pm
Noss surrender!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I read this interview...no word on Germany but he mentions it's a big decision, which it is.
No indication he has any plans to try out for Germany and he has to answer these questions and gave a good answer, I think.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/7355808/ireland-underage-midfielder-conor-noss-borussia-monchengladbach/

Look, if he starts getting gametime this season in the Bundesliga and is looking promising (or if he tears it up in our U21 campaign - no indications yet that could happen), then he should be called into our seniors to get acclimatised etc. and we go from there.

Edited by Fozz - 28 Jul 2021 at 4:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic