You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champions League 2021/22

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:29pm
What a hit son 
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:29pm
Bizarre by Milan for the Henderson goal. 6 players swarming towards the ball to clear it, leaving Henderson completely unmarked with the goal at his mercy.

Sums them up.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:41pm
Would never have happened in the days of Baresi, Maldini et al.

Edit: and right on cue, Maldini's son has just come on for Milan. LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 15 Sep 2021 at 9:42pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:39pm
Still not rate Verratti Baggio?

What a player Clap
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:55pm
Real Madrid LOLLOLLOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:56pm
Sheriff win in Madrid.....they'll be dancing in the streets of Tirsopal tonight....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Sheriff win in Madrid.....they'll be dancing in the streets of Tirsopal tonight....
Dundalk wondering where it all went wrong.

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 28 Sep 2021 at 9:58pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 10:04pm
Unbelievable result. 
I love beer gardens
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 10:12pm
Top of the group too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

The Luke Kelly statue will be the centre of all the celebrations no doubt! 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 12:19am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What a player Clap

He was probably a 7/10 performer tonight
Good player obviously but think people go OTT about him at times in certain games. Think he was getting over praised in games in the euros when he was nothing special in those particular matches 

On a similar note, following the back end to last season that he had and euros campaign, do you still think Kyle Walker is brutal?

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 29 Sep 2021 at 12:32am
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:40am
I'd say the fitter lads at top end of walking football have better stats then Messi, he is one lazy f**k. He should be able to playing well until his 40s all the same which would be great to see. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What a player Clap

He was probably a 7/10 performer tonight
Good player obviously but think people go OTT about him at times in certain games. Think he was getting over praised in games in the euros when he was nothing special in those particular matches 

On a similar note, following the back end to last season that he had and euros campaign, do you still think Kyle Walker is brutal?

Please never mention Marco Verratti in the same sentence as Kyle Walker again please.

7/10 performance LOL

Crazy a team with a front 3 of Messi, Neymar and Mbappe were near 2/1 with the bookies to win at home to a side with Sterling and Grealish up top.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 10:10am
I see you didn't answer the question there. 

I've actually just googled player ratings from last night and every single one of them (first 6 i checked) gives Veratti 7/10

City played ok last night, dominated possession for large periods but couldn't score, missed some bad chances. The league games either side of the PSG one are bigger matches this week, happy enough with the performance, should get through the group. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 10:46am
Ok I’ll give you my opinion on Kyle Walker he is a very limited player who offers absolutely nothing going forward, his recovery pace is impressive I’ll give him that! He doesn’t get caught in no mans land as much as he use to due to the fact Pep has coached him brilliantly and he doesn’t get forward enough to get caught out! he doesn’t need to go forward as Cancelo more than makes up for it on the other flank, he’s not a great modern day full back due to his limitations attacking wise similar to Wan-Bissaka at United who is really poor going forward but still contributes more to the attacking front than Kyle Walker.

In conclusion Walker is an average full back with great pace who has been coached brilliantly by the best manager in the World.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 11:55am
Clap great response

He isn’t instructed to go forward much I would add
He sits a lot in case they get hit on the counter 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Clap great response

He isn’t instructed to go forward much I would add
He sits a lot in case they get hit on the counter 

Yea I get that! It’s brilliant coaching from Pep! Wan-Bissaka would look good in City’s side.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 2:37pm
Kyle Walker is an excellent player, who has obviously improved since he's been playing under Pep.

But it is a fallacy to put it ALL down to PG's coaching. Considering he had just turned 27 when he signed for City, you might have expected Walker to be approaching his best years regardless of where he was playing.

Meanwhile, any Spurs fan will tell you he had been consistently excellent under Pochettino at Spurs, playing 163 PL games and winning nearly half of his 63 England caps.

Which was reflected in the £50m City ended up paying for him - a huge fee for a RB back then.

There isn't a team in the PL who wouldn't want KW available to them - at least the 27 y.o. version.

As for Bissaka, he certainly looks a prospect, no doubt about that, but he's still a long way short of the player KW is. And while he might well turn out to be his equal given time, spending £50m on him when he was still only 21 was quite a gamble by Man U.

Then again, he's not the only massive punt they've signed in recent years Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 30>
  Share Topic