Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020: Group D CRO, CZP, ENG, SCO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

England well worthy of the win, Croatia were poor and never looked like scoring, could have been 2 or 3 nil 
Still don’t think England are as fluent in attack as they should be  

Never a 2 or 3 nil game. Very even IMO. England were the usual all hype and no real substance. Croatia weren't great but i didn't see England as much better. Great pass from Philips for the goal.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 6:45pm
Pickford wasn’t tested once and Croatia never looked like creating much 

Foden hit the post, Phillips had a good shot saved and Kane should have buried one at the far post
2-0 would certainly not have been undeserving 

Poor game overall 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 13 Jun 2021 at 6:45pm
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 7:33pm
Thought it was a very poor game today, Croatia didn't do anything to change my opinion that they'll get very little out of this group. England started bright but seemed to put the breaks on a bit when they should have stepped up a gear. I think the Scots and maybe the Czechs will take points off the English and on that showing any of the top end sides would love to get England 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 7:57pm
awful game but that won't bother England, all about getting the win and momentum started. they'll be hard to stop unfortunately
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Thought it was a very poor game today, Croatia didn't do anything to change my opinion that they'll get very little out of this group. England started bright but seemed to put the breaks on a bit when they should have stepped up a gear. I think the Scots and maybe the Czechs will take points off the English and on that showing any of the top end sides would love to get England 

I’d be surprised if England didn’t win all 3 group games
It’s a poor enough group 
They played the toughest opponents today and they weren’t up to much at all 
They’ve also got a bench full of quality if Southgate wishes to change things up for the next two games 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 13 Jun 2021 at 9:24pm
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 6:57am
people forget it was 30 degrees heat. Couldn't sustain that start for 90 minutes.  U will see the real England Friday night. Croatia offered nothing because rice and Phillips dominated midfield.  We still have alot of quality to come in. Grealish Henderson maguire Shaw james saka sancho chilwell.  Im happy with the win. We always start slow and then build momentum.  I feel we can beat Germany or Portugal especially at Wembley 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

I’d be surprised if England didn’t win all 3 group games
It’s a poor enough group 
They played the toughest opponents today and they weren’t up to much at all 
They’ve also got a bench full of quality if Southgate wishes to change things up for the next two games 

England could make 11 changes and still be favourites to beat Scotland.

They can swap the front 4 for Sancho, Grealish, Rashford and Calvert-lewin. That shows the strength they have.

They can rotate the team for the group games knowing they will make the knockouts. 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

people forget it was 30 degrees heat. Couldn't sustain that start for 90 minutes.  U will see the real England Friday night. Croatia offered nothing because rice and Phillips dominated midfield.  We still have alot of quality to come in. Grealish Henderson maguire Shaw james saka sancho chilwell.  Im happy with the win. We always start slow and then build momentum.  I feel we can beat Germany or Portugal especially at Wembley 
Those England players aren’t used to playing in English weather.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

LOL
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:27am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

LOL

Nah lads, really, when it gets this hot in London it is totally oppressive. Had to go to the pub as it's got aircon. Hard times and all that. 
@AntrimMan85
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:56am
Oppressive is the right word. Its absolutely stinking at the moment. 

Whatever about people's concerns about England's defence the manager in my eyes is their biggest weakness. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Whatever about people's concerns about England's defence the manager in my eyes is their biggest weakness. 

Heard Gary Neville say Southgate is the perfect suited manager for England! Optimism bias at its peak.

The team selection yesterday was baffling and I hope he picks that side when they come up against a quality side.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 14 Jun 2021 at 12:00pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:06pm
Early days but they look well off being contenders based on yesterday's showing. I'm sure the weather was a factor but it was the worst game of the tournament so far. They have no fluency in attack at all and just like three years ago will be heavily reliant on set pieces.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Heard Gary Neville say Southgate is the perfect suited manager for England! Optimism bias at its peak.

The team selection yesterday was baffling and I hope he picks that side when they come up against a quality side.

A lot of that going on on both sides when it comes to England. Lost count of the number of times i've heard friends say "England will struggle to get out of that group". 
Utter sh*te, they'll cruise it its a weak enough group. I'd be surprised if they didn't win all three games. The big test will come in the next round. 

They deserved the win and some key areas that may have been concerns for them went well - centre backs looked secure, Phillips and Rice shut down the midfield, Sterling came back to form. 

A few others can play a lot better too - Kane and Foden for example which is a worry. And then you have a bench full of quality to come on. 
England v Portugal or England v Germany at Wembley would be good ties in the next round

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 1:30pm
Tierney not in the matchday squad for Scotland due to injury. Big blow for them
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 1:33pm
Big day for the Scots but can't see them winning , a 1-1 draw seems to be about right .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 1:56pm
Hon Scotland Clap
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 2:02pm
Tierney a big loss. have the czechs down to win this 1-2
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
  Share Topic