You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020: Group D CRO, CZP, ENG, SCO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:48pm
I’ve yet to see this England team dominate a decent side like Italy did last night v Turkey. It may happen tomorrow but doubt it. As others said not winning tomorrow will result in massive pressure v Scotland on Friday.
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:30am
Got of feeling Scotland might do better than is generally expected. They play to their strengths, have some good technical players and a good manager . Englands star players are generally the lightweights in their club teams. If a team so concerned about the loss of Maguire, you have to wonder..They'll do well to get to the final 8. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

I’ve yet to see this England team dominate a decent side like Italy did last night v Turkey. It may happen tomorrow but doubt it. As others said not winning tomorrow will result in massive pressure v Scotland on Friday.

are you saying Turkey are a decent side?

the first Nations League where they got to the semi finals they were good but Southgate seems to have reigned that in a little
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Got of feeling Scotland might do better than is generally expected. They play to their strengths, have some good technical players and a good manager . Englands star players are generally the lightweights in their club teams. If a team so concerned about the loss of Maguire, you have to wonder..They'll do well to get to the final 8. 

Harry, Foden, Rice, Grealish etc would all be considered heavyweights at their clubs.

Look we get it, they must not win but they have excellent forwards. Thankfully they are weak in defence! 
I expect them to batter one of the teams in the group and it could be Scotland. 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 10:41am
For those English born or living in England, what's the plan for.today? Will you go watch the match in the pub?

Who will you be cheering for?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 11:42am
England should be a good proposition. They have evolved quite a bit since 2018, when I think they struck it lucky and almost lumbered to the semis, and I think they have a lot of good young talent that if Southgate has the courage to play them they could make a decent fist of the tournament.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:11pm
As a Croatia fan for the day I’m delighted to see Sancho, Bellingham, Rashford and Luke Shaw on the bench today.
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

I agree they were better keepers but lloris hasn't had a great season nor has patricio.  Pickford has been very good the second half of the season and has never made a mistake for England 

Where do you think England will finish?

Quarters maybe semis 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Lightweight? Sancho is dortmund's second best player.  Kane is spurs best player.  Grealish is villa's star man. Foden is crucial to city. Dcl is Evertons top scorer. Mount is key to Chelsea..should I go on
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

are you saying Turkey are a decent side?

the first Nations League where they got to the semi finals they were good but Southgate seems to have reigned that in a little

We were battering teams when we played 433. Southgate has gone all defensive because of a couple of mistakes.  If we don't do well in this tournament its down to him
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

England too reliant on Harry Kane and Croatia too reliant on Luka Modric. Neither team will win the competition, but either could make the last 8. 

Every top team relies massively on a goal scorer. Where would Portugal be without ronaldo.  Where would Belgium be without lukaku.  He maybe our goalscorer but grealish foden and Mount are the key players.  Theyre the ones that make things happen.  We have plenty of fire power all over. Sterling scored 8 goals in qualifying.  We are far more than a one man team
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:40pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I agree they were better keepers but lloris hasn't had a great season nor has patricio.  Pickford has been very good the second half of the season and has never made a mistake for England 

Where do you think England will finish?

Quarters maybe semis 

England play to runner up in group F which is France\Portgual or Germany. Couldn't be any tougher.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

For those English born or living in England, what's the plan for.today? Will you go watch the match in the pub?

Watching it at a friends place, he's a gazebo and tv set up in the back yard.

I'd like to see England win every game by at least four goals all the way through to the final where they play someone like Hungary or the Czech Republic. Then in the 89th minute with the score at 0-0, after Harry kane has missed two penalties and England have hit the post 18 times, Jordon Pickford accidentally throws the ball into his own net. I'd stand back and watch the place burn to the ground. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:00pm
LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Watching it at a friends place, he's a gazebo and tv set up in the back yard.

I'd like to see England win every game by at least four goals all the way through to the final where they play someone like Hungary or the Czech Republic. Then in the 89th minute with the score at 0-0, after Harry kane has missed two penalties and England have hit the post 18 times, Jordon Pickford accidentally throws the ball into his own net. I'd stand back and watch the place burn to the ground. 
LOLLOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

As a Croatia fan for the day I’m delighted to see Sancho, Bellingham, Rashford and Luke Shaw on the bench today.

Agree with this bar Rashford 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Agree with this bar Rashford 

Sancho not even on the bench LOL
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:36pm
I fancy Croatia to get at least a draw. Better midfield and decent forwards. They wont be scared if England. Nor should they be.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic