You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020: Group A ITL, SWI, TUR, WAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 12:08am
Turks shat themselves. It was like watching us play a big team 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 2:24pm
Interesting to see the fruits of the Welsh rebuild after not getting to the 2018 World Cup. Although their talismen remain the same, they have evolved from a lot of players who were in France, and in a number of cases very prominent players (Williams, Taylor, King, Robson Kanu, Vokes Chester etc) are not there anymore.

We often talk about rebuilding, and I think we could do worse than looking at the Welsh way.

That being said, even though Moore has had an excellent chance they are certainly not on top at the moment.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 2:41pm
Wales really beginning to look like us in the last days of MON and the MM era. Defensively sound, but blunt in midfield with a lone striker holding a thankless role. Hardly heard Bale, Allen and Ramsey's names in the first half. Cant help but feel this has more to do with Page's system.

Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 2:56pm
Switzerland able to keep the game, Wales trying to spring a counter attack anytime they manage to get it. Making for a tedious game, maybe like when other countries watch us play.
I imagine it'll be the same way when Scotland play "technically better teams".
Wales have decent players, especially in mid-field, so why can't they hold the ball better? How does this magic "technically better" stuff work exactly? If Wales decided not to go long every time would they be able to hold it and make Switzerland work harder?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 3:14pm
Been coming all game. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 3:57pm
Welsh have to be happy with that. If Swiss had a decent cf they'd have won that easily 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 3:58pm
Wales extremely lucky to hang on for a point there. They looked absolutely physically beaten out there at the end, like a team in terminal decline. Despite how much they hype themselves and are seen as some kind of template to follow in terms of youth development they don't actually seem to have that much talent coming through. Loads of young players thrown in alright but questionable how good they actually are.

It's likely that, thanks to us in 2017, their golden generation of Bale, Ramsay etc. will finish their careers without ever playing at a World Cup, just as the likes of Giggs, Rush and Saunders did before them. It's been a long time since 1958 for them.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 4:04pm
Well done to our Celtic cousins
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 4:40pm
The second half was watchable for a neutral. Wales had to go for a goal and they began looking for the ball.
When you stand off and play defensive / counter attack (coz I don't think they had to, I think they could have gone toe to toe with the Swiss) you're shortchanging yourselves. Good to see Bale Ramsay Allen James click into gear. They were out on their feet by the end.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 8:57pm
I didn't see the match, but not a great result for either team. From what I've heard, Swiss will be very disappointed. It could cost them getting out of the group. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 4:57pm
I know it's fairly plain but that Turkish Jersey is lovely 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:21pm
Turkey are fookin rubbish. 

Wales should be ahead by a couple. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Wales could pay for Ramsey being a gobsh*te.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Wales could pay for Ramsey being a gobsh*te.  

Eventually takes one great ball by bale. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:44pm
Much deserved, Wales should be a few up already 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:44pm
I've never seen a player as poorly tracked or marked as Ramsey in this first half. No-one near him.

Absolutely shocking stuff from Turkey. 

Wales certainly deserve it. 

Edited by irishmufc - 16 Jun 2021 at 5:45pm
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:44pm
Was that the 3rd time Bale played that pass to Ramsey, Turks are very poor.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 6:07pm
I think Turkey are doing a Colombia style 94 World Cup implosion.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic