Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020: Group A ITL, SWI, TUR, WAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 4:59pm
Turkish team arrives in Istanbul

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 5:08pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 5:46pm
LOLLOLLOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

This is an interesting one, Italy look weak, and the other 3 all look like potential surprise packages. Toughest group to call the order

They're unbeaten in 27 matches 
I heard that stat alright but I think it's overblown. They weren't at the last WC so they've just played qualifiers, nations league and friendlies. Only 8 of those games were against teams that made it to the Euros, knocking up 5 wins and 3 draws against Poland, Netherlands, Finland, Ukraine and Czechs. I don't expect any of those teams to be standing in the last 8 of Euro 2020 so it's definitely a step up in standard.

Italian teams haven't been really competing for Champions League for the last few years either, Juve haven't got past QF in a good few years now. 

On top of that, opening games tend to supply upsets too.

They'll qualify from the group, but can't see them making in past a QF

Bump
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 9:07am

This is an interesting one, Italy look weak, and the other 3 all look like potential surprise packages. Toughest group to call the order

They're unbeaten in 27 matches 
I heard that stat alright but I think it's overblown. They weren't at the last WC so they've just played qualifiers, nations league and friendlies. Only 8 of those games were against teams that made it to the Euros, knocking up 5 wins and 3 draws against Poland, Netherlands, Finland, Ukraine and Czechs. I don't expect any of those teams to be standing in the last 8 of Euro 2020 so it's definitely a step up in standard.

Italian teams haven't been really competing for Champions League for the last few years either, Juve haven't got past QF in a good few years now. 

On top of that, opening games tend to supply upsets too.

They'll qualify from the group, but can't see them making in past a QF

Bump
I had a feeling the hindsight brigade would bump that one.

I stand by most of it, their 28 game unbeaten run leading into the tournament was against second rate teams so I wasn't reading too much into it. 

They definitely upped the level in the knockouts, after riding their luck against Austria, they were very impressive beating Belgium, Spain and England. Worthy winners
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic