Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020: Group A ITL, SWI, TUR, WAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 2020: Group A ITL, SWI, TUR, WAL
    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 7:48am
Italy should win this group and have a good chance of going far. 
I hope the boring Swiss come last.
Last chance for Bale in a major competition.

Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 8:30am
This is an interesting one, Italy look weak, and the other 3 all look like potential surprise packages. Toughest group to call the order
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:12am
Are Italy not unbeaten in 27 games? Not saying they'll win it but they're surely in with a shout of being dark horses for the tournament.

There was an excellent article on Italy's and Mancini's rebirth on the Athletic the other day for any one who has a subscription.

Will watch their Inter midfielder Barella with interest. Any reviews of the tournament I've seen have spoken very highly of him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:51am
Italy are in serious form and they're my second choice for the tournament, Turkey could be another potential surprise package out of this group I feel.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

This is an interesting one, Italy look weak, and the other 3 all look like potential surprise packages. Toughest group to call the order

They're unbeaten in 27 matches 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:58am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Are Italy not unbeaten in 27 games? Not saying they'll win it but they're surely in with a shout of being dark horses for the tournament.

There was an excellent article on Italy's and Mancini's rebirth on the Athletic the other day for any one who has a subscription.

Will watch their Inter midfielder Barella with interest. Any reviews of the tournament I've seen have spoken very highly of him.

I really like Italy's midfield jorginho, Barella and Veratti are all brilliant at what they do.

Barella is exceptional 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 12:36pm
Im very interested to see how Wales get on here. They really did well in 2016, and on paper, I think they have a stronger squad than they did before. But, I thought they were poor in qualifying. Then, they did well in the Nations League.

I wouldn't put it past them to do well in this group. Also, in a tight game, id like to have Bale in my team.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I heard that stat alright but I think it's overblown. They weren't at the last WC so they've just played qualifiers, nations league and friendlies. Only 8 of those games were against teams that made it to the Euros, knocking up 5 wins and 3 draws against Poland, Netherlands, Finland, Ukraine and Czechs. I don't expect any of those teams to be standing in the last 8 of Euro 2020 so it's definitely a step up in standard.

Italian teams haven't been really competing for Champions League for the last few years either, Juve haven't got past QF in a good few years now. 

On top of that, opening games tend to supply upsets too.

They'll qualify from the group, but can't see them making in past a QF
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:20pm

I heard that stat alright but I think it's overblown. They weren't at the last WC so they've just played qualifiers, nations league and friendlies. Only 8 of those games were against teams that made it to the Euros, knocking up 5 wins and 3 draws against Poland, Netherlands, Finland, Ukraine and Czechs. I don't expect any of those teams to be standing in the last 8 of Euro 2020 so it's definitely a step up in standard.

Italian teams haven't been really competing for Champions League for the last few years either, Juve haven't got past QF in a good few years now. 

last World Cup qualifiers ended 3 and a half years ago - teams move on.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:32pm

LOL
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:45pm
Italy impressive but jaysus Turkey not doing a bit about it, was expecting more from them. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:49pm
Very impressive from Italy tonight.

Spinnazola, Insigne, Immobile, Berardi superb

Agree expected more from Turkey... Saying that Italians kept them well controlled 

Edited by lassassinblanc - 11 Jun 2021 at 9:53pm
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:00pm

Very impressive from Italy tonight.

Spinnazola, Insigne, Immobile, Berardi superb

Agree expected more from Turkey... Saying that Italians kept them well controlled 

They completely parked the bus, maybe damage limitations and throw away this one but go for next 2 games
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:06pm
Turkey very poor. Italy looked excellent 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:15pm
Turkey were very disappointing. I expected a lot more from them. Italy played very well.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:21pm

Good point.
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Italy impressive but jaysus Turkey not doing a bit about it, was expecting more from them. 

They were cagey and probably would have taken a draw. I expect them to play differently from here on and I wouldn't be surprised to see them bang in a few goals before they're out. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:37pm
Don't recall such a one sided opening game of a tournament like tonight. 28 chances to 1 or something ridiculous like that. Someone said in a whattsap group Turkey were dark donkeys
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic