You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sammie Szmodics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 46>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Sammie Szmithwicks scores in FA Cup at Bramall Lane

Take a day off.

More chance of us beating France 4-0 than that gobsh*te stopping with his god awful attempts at humour. Ruins the forum. 

I find TJ one of the funnier commenters here and that he makes better contributions than most.  

The unimaginative abuse above is not particularly illuminating. 

Well szaid

A guy with a funny foreign name playing for Ireland - I know, lets call him Szpuds and Szmithwicks! Hilarious!!!

Szense of humour bypassz!

How dare you?  

For the purposes of this discussion, O'Shea identifies as Hungarian.  

He is uncomfortable and indeed offended by the repeated use of the "sz" moniker in a discriminatory attempt at humour.  

Plainly, this borders on vehement racism (not to mention incitement to hatred of a minority).  

It has no place in a football forum, whose content amounts to "bants" or "banter", much of which gives O'Shea (and those on behalf of whom he is offended) anxiety.  

The forum is far better served by liberal use of the monikers "gobsh*te", "gombeen" and, for the particularly pernicious (you know who you are are) "Ludravaun". 

Furthermore, even if O'Shea wasn't identifying as Hungarian, he is outraged on behalf of Hungarians everywhere, particularly that small persecuted minority that have Hungarian-English-Irish ethnicity. 

Please reflect on this and carefully consider enrolling for the appropriate diversity training.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:49pm

Take a day off.

More chance of us beating France 4-0 than that gobsh*te stopping with his god awful attempts at humour. Ruins the forum. 

I find TJ one of the funnier commenters here and that he makes better contributions than most.  

Well szaid

A guy with a funny foreign name playing for Ireland - I know, lets call him Szpuds and Szmithwicks! Hilarious!!!

How dare you?  

He is uncomfortable and indeed offended by the repeated use of the "sz" moniker in a discriminatory attempt at humour.  

Plainly, this borders on vehement racism (not to mention incitement to hatred of a minority).  

It has no place in a football forum, whose content amounts to "bants" or "banter", much of which gives O'Shea (and those on behalf of whom he is offended) anxiety.  

The forum is far better served by liberal use of the monikers "gobsh*te", "gombeen" and, for the particularly pernicious (you know who you are are) "Ludravaun". 

Furthermore, even if O'Shea wasn't identifying as Hungarian, he is outraged on behalf of Hungarians everywhere, particularly that small persecuted minority that have Hungarian-English-Irish ethnicity. 

Please reflect on this and carefully consider enrolling for the appropriate diversity training.

I'll have whatever you're on Confused
We're decent enough..
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 7:08pm

Take a day off.

Well szaid

How dare you?  

I'll have whatever you're on Confused

Ah jaysus OS, your more insufferable than Pat Kenny at this stage, never a good word to say unless it backs up your own echo chamber opinions.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:25pm

Take a day off.

Well szaid

How dare you?  

For the purposes of this discussion, O'Shea identifies as Hun Aryan.  

Oh my lord 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:44pm
All we need is a "Sammie love the EIRE" comment on here and then we can close off the thread for good. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 1:09pm
was at the match Friday. Sammy was poor to be honest. One nice pass is all I can think of that he did well. Ran around throwing his hands up in frustration the whole time at his teammates too.

Edited by thebronze14 - 10 Apr 2023 at 1:12pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 7:00pm
Longford GAA will be given him a call after that disallowed goal to see if he fancies a game. Some neck on him to celebrate as if he didn't punch the ball into the net
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 7:09pm
A punched finish a full forward would be proud of alright. He has probably been the pick of the three Irish lads tonight. They have all been lively, but not great that a game with three Irish forward players involved is 0-0 after 80 minutes.

And literally as I posted that, he scored!

Edited by You Tell Me - 22 Apr 2023 at 7:10pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 7:10pm
Cracking goal.

We don't have a player like him in the squad.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 7:10pm
Might have just won the game now for them. Blackburn do play some nice football at times.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 7:28pm
That was his fifth league goal this season but sickner to concede an equalizer like that so late. Drops them back down to 7th before back to back home games against Burnley and Luton before Millwall away who move back into the play off spots.
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 8:28pm
Blackburn haven't given Burnley too many tickets though for Tuesday. The away end holds 7,000 but only given  Burnley 2,000 tickets.

Edited by longford claret - 22 Apr 2023 at 8:29pm
Shermanator1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shermanator1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Cracking goal.

We don't have a player like him in the squad.

I concur.  I said a few months back that he offers something different.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 1:05am
“Hand of Szmod” comment on Sky was a good one. I do like Szammie as a player, he could probably do a job at PL level for some clubs. Certainly an asset for Blackburn.

Edited by Green Cockade - 23 Apr 2023 at 7:16am
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

Blackburn haven't given Burnley too many tickets though for Tuesday. The away end holds 7,000 but only given  Burnley 2,000 tickets.

Wan*ers 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 11:17pm
What a cheat
Punches it in runs off celebrating then looks bemused when the ref disallows it

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 10:27am

What a cheat

We need a few lads like that in our team, we must be the most honest, easy going team to play against in the world.

More sh*thouses please.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

What a cheat

We need a few lads like that in our team, we must be the most honest, easy going team to play against in the world.

More sh*thouses please.

Theres VAR in internationals now cant get away with much sh*thousery these days.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 46>
  Share Topic