You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gas and Electricity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2023 at 11:52am
I only switched provider before rate cuts were introduced. I presume my new provider cut my rates if they reduce them? That's what has happened in the past (with price hikes)
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2023 at 12:22pm
Bord Gais finally announced price cuts yesterday too. Hopefully get the bill back down to some sort of normality. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2023 at 6:01pm
We’ll still be rode up the hole for this winter and of course, prices will never be near they were pre pandemic/war or whatever other excuses they maintain 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2023 at 10:41pm
Why are people against big solar farms? I was driving through a place today and there was loads of signs against them. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2023 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Why are people against big solar farms? I was driving through a place today and there was loads of signs against them. 

Or wind farms. I know they can be a wee bit loud but usually they are up a mountain. Pretty cool i think.
I love beer gardens
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2023 at 10:55pm
With the emergence of solar and wind on a large scale you would think prices will come down significantly in the next few years 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2023 at 11:04pm
Large scale solar farms are pretty ugly. Don't think I'd want the fields around my home being full of them to be honest. Wind turbines aren't so bad, as long as areas that are genuinely of scenic importance are kept clear of them. Personally think they should just have them alongside the motorways through the Midlands, it's not like there's anything else interesting to look at along the M6 etc.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2023 at 4:45am
Invisibility technology is already out there so wind turbines and anything else deemed ugly will be hidden from view from a distance. Up close obviously not. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2023 at 6:03am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Large scale solar farms are pretty ugly. Don't think I'd want the fields around my home being full of them to be honest. Wind turbines aren't so bad, as long as areas that are genuinely of scenic importance are kept clear of them. Personally think they should just have them alongside the motorways through the Midlands, it's not like there's anything else interesting to look at along the M6 etc.

To be fair big oil and coal burning power stations are gorgeous looking.  
AKA pedantic kunt
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2023 at 7:20am
Just to be clear, I'm not advocating for coal at all here. But obviously the size of solar farm that would be required to generate the power of one of those power stations would be absolutely vast, so it's not really a fair comparison in terms of aesthetics.

Off sea wind energy offers potentially the best of both, cleaner energy without the visual impact.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2023 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

To be fair big oil and coal burning power stations are gorgeous looking.  

Poolbeg Heart
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 5:32pm
Looked at this again.

Saving about €500 a year by moving dual fuel from Electric Ireland to Bord Gais.

They reduced their rates but 15.5% Vs 10% for electric Ireland and also offering 20% off their smart tariff (which encourages nighttime and non peak usage).

Standing charges are less also.

It's also a variable tariff so will drop further if the overall prices reduce.

12 month contract.

Edited by Saint Tom - 28 Nov 2023 at 5:32pm
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 6:21pm
Why the fock haven’t these ****s been held to account over further price drops? Absolute shower of cowboys. We are such bend over wimps when it comes to putting up with this screw job.
AS YOU WERE McGx

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2023 at 9:49am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Why the fock haven’t these ****s been held to account over further price drops? Absolute shower of cowboys. We are such bend over wimps when it comes to putting up with this screw job.

We are the most expensive in Europe AFAIK

Joke

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 7:53am
Gas bill in. This time last year my bill was 579. For the same period this year it’s 169. All because I got a super ser. Treating it like a member of the family Clap
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 8:18am
You got a what now?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 8:52am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You got a what now?

Pretty sure he means gas heater. Imo solar is the way to go. You save a fortune and it's best option for the environment.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 9:52am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Gas bill in. This time last year my bill was 579. For the same period this year it’s 169. All because I got a super ser. Treating it like a member of the family Clap
Welcome to 1987 Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic