Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Squad & Match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 2:28pm
I can’t wait, can enjoy them now Ireland aren’t in them, that was too stressful.

Will hopefully get to watch most matches, benefits of Working from home.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I only found out yesterday Hungary are in this. Once it starts as mentioned above I'll be right into it

Welcome to 2021 my friend LOL
I love beer gardens
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 4:05pm
Wasn't looking forward to it initially due to the daft multi-country format but it's growing on me the last few weeks. 

Took next Monday off as the Scotland-Czech game is the only day time kick off during my working week that I'd like to see. 

I'd be curious to see how well people on here would like Wales and Scotland to do? I assume most would shout a bit more for the Scots than Welsh? 

Would laugh if England got knocked out in the second round but might throw a few quid on them to win the tournament. Just encase. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 4:26pm
El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 4:36pm
A long winded piece of him basically saying - wise up and stop being racist
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 5:05pm
Southgate in fairness to him has been excellent in how he has handled this.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah I went through the schedule to see if there were any games I wanted to take a half day for. The games during work hours next weeka re:
Monday - Scotland V Czech Republic
Wednesday - Finland V Russia
Thursday - Ukraine V North Macedonia
Friday - Sweden V Slovakia

Dead

If they're rubbish matches then at least you wouldn't mind missing them while at work.
Hopefully I'll get to see them on the rte player. or Virgin.

The dark side.. And the light
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:13pm

Thats not a great line up. Might have to switch channels some of the days depending who is on.

Euro 2020 starts this Friday, June 11th, as Italy face Turkey in Rome and all 51 games will be free-to-air, live and exclusive on RTÉ.

Darragh Maloney, Jacqui Hurley, Peter Collins and Tony O'Donoghue will present all the action and will be joined by panellists Damien Duff, Stephanie Roche, Liam Brady, Didi Hamann, Karen Duggan, Richie Sadlier, Lisa Fallon, Ronnie Whelan, Ray Houghton, Kenny Cunningham, Aine O'Gorman and Stephen Kelly.

George Hamilton, Adrian Eames, John Kenny, Siobhan Madigan, Des Curran, Ger Canning and Hugh Cahill will share commentary duties alongside Ray Houghton, Ronnie Whelan, Lisa Fallon, Aine O'Gorman, Stephen Kelly and Kenny Cunningham.

I love beer gardens
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:21pm
Chippy Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Chippy Clap

Hamann rolling in after another all-nighter with a black eye, mussed up hair and reeking of B.O. Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 12:01am
How many fans are allowed at the games in this tournament then?
I take it it differs per country and may change as the weeks go on?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yep. Italians are allowing 25% for the moment and I think a lot of others are as well. Danes I think are 50% now although too late for their 1st match. Hungary the only ones having 100% as far as I know
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yep. Italians are allowing 25% for the moment and I think a lot of others are as well. Danes I think are 50% now although too late for their 1st match. Hungary the only ones having 100% as far as I know
Baku and St Petersburg will be 50% AFAIK while they're hoping for that figure for the knockout stage matches at Wembley. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:27am
Munich allowing 14K. Hope to be one of them on Tuesday. We lost all our tickets for the other games here in the ballot.
Gonna be a bit odd going to the first game since Feb 2020.
In that time in the Munich area I think only Unterhaching had maybe 1 game with any fans
Outdoor drinking / dining only opened up about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I think indoors this week.
You would not know the Euro was starting here in a few days. There are no Public Viewing events planned. None of the Euro fanfair.
Still unclear if biergartens / pubs can show the games as they have for past tournaments. bars / restaurants had to close at 10pm but that might ae changed this week.

Meant to add. When 1860 still played in the Allianz a few times there was less than 20K people there so having 14K should not be an issue . Maybe in the VIP / corporate sections might be busier

Edited by BohsinMunich - 11 Jun 2021 at 2:32am
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 4:55am
Keep an eye out for your man Steven Reid in our dugout. The funny thing is that Reid is the only member of our backroom staff who has actually been to a major tournament ! He said in an interview on the SFA's YouTube page that playing for Ireland at the 2002 World Cup was the proudest moment of his career Thumbs Up

I'm concerned about Callum McGregor just now. He's not playing well and physically almost burnt out. I'd actually go for a big gamble and throw Billy Gilmour right in the XI in McGregor's place. Can't see Clarke ever doing such a thing however, McGregor is one of his favourites.

We do also miss Ryan Jack in his defensive midfield role, he was good at that. 

Like the German and Swedish home kits and the Dutch away kit.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 11:19pm
It’s been a very good tournament so far, some great goals and a lot of the big players stepping up 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic