You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 47>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 5:49pm
I'm not sure there is one. The 21s and 17s were increased but the 19s never were.for whatever reason. It doesn't really make sense.
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Finished 1-0 to Ireland. Zefi scored a peno about midway through the second half. McManus sent off in 85th minute too. Thought Ireland looked better and more dangerous second half and never really looked like conceding. Abankwah, McJannett and Zefi all had decent games I thought. Not sure how this leaves us fixed for qualifying - have Greece and Slovakia played yet? 

Abankwah really impressive, a rolls-royce of a player but relies on his strength/pace/athleticism at times when he should be better positioned. Mc jannet was very good, himself and Mc manus, despite the red were a very soild midfield duo. Alex Murphy was good also I thought

Zefi was poor, he is a very skilful player but he must have ballooned at least three shots and three crosses out of Ferrycarrig Park. Tried to do too much at times also, Vata was less eye catching but more effective imo. No doubt Zefi is the type to excite fans with his trickery, but on this evidence he has an awful lot of work to do to make it at a decent level, trying to do far too much as an individual.
Idah Dream!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 5:58pm
I agree with John's views on Zefi.
As someone else said, he's a highlights reel.
Was frustrating watching him in some of the matches...takes to much out of the ball and his end-product is seriously lacking.
But he is very skillful and with proper coaching and application, there's a good player there.

Vata is a more effective team-player for sure. Very direct, runs at lads and also does a fair bit of graft.

And yeah, why an 8-team finals?
Bizarre.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 6:50pm
Mason
Curtis
Abankwah
Grehan
Ryan
Murphy
Gallagher
Vaughan
Zefi
Longeran
Vata

Sam Curtis back with the U19s and would assume John Ryan is playing LB with Murphy in midfield or they've gone for three at the back.

Edited by J89 - 28 Mar 2023 at 6:51pm
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:04pm
Kenny's Kids on Twitter calling Curtis and Ryan Wing-Backs, suggesting he thinks it's a back five.
I'd be surprised as I don't think I've seen the 17's or 19's play that way in a while.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Kenny's Kids on Twitter calling Curtis and Ryan Wing-Backs, suggesting he thinks it's a back five.
I'd be surprised as I don't think I've seen the 17's or 19's play that way in a while.

Yeah 9/10 times I feel he's often wrong when saying this lad is playing x position. I know the U19s played three at the back last year and in the summer friendlies with Murphy also playing in midfield.

Don't think they'd go 3-4-3 in a must win game after playing 4-3-3 in the other two games.

Team sheet has it Murphy in midfield with a back four.
https://twitter.com/Irishfootyagent/status/1640771844520157184

Edited by J89 - 28 Mar 2023 at 7:10pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:31pm
Commentator trying to read out the Greek team LOL

Edited by Nialler - 28 Mar 2023 at 7:31pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Commentator trying to read out the Greek team LOL

Lolz, the Greek anthem is pretty average also.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:33pm
Big test for Oisin Gallagher tonight with the first choice midfielders both out! Big test for Curtis too after playing most of the U21 game vs Iceland on Sunday
Idah Dream!
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Finished 1-0 to Ireland. Zefi scored a peno about midway through the second half. McManus sent off in 85th minute too. Thought Ireland looked better and more dangerous second half and never really looked like conceding. Abankwah, McJannett and Zefi all had decent games I thought. Not sure how this leaves us fixed for qualifying - have Greece and Slovakia played yet? 

Abankwah really impressive, a rolls-royce of a player but relies on his strength/pace/athleticism at times when he should be better positioned. Mc jannet was very good, himself and Mc manus, despite the red were a very soild midfield duo. Alex Murphy was good also I thought

Zefi was poor, he is a very skilful player but he must have ballooned at least three shots and three crosses out of Ferrycarrig Park. Tried to do too much at times also, Vata was less eye catching but more effective imo. No doubt Zefi is the type to excite fans with his trickery, but on this evidence he has an awful lot of work to do to make it at a decent level, trying to do far too much as an individual.

I thought Zefi was good when he went onto the right hand side, agree he can be wasteful and a bit of a one man show but he has fantastic ability. Does have a long way to go though and think he will eventually have to get out of Inter if he wants to make it.

Anyone else find it strange that Ferizaj has not started any of the games? Particularly tonight where there have been two changes in the middle. Maybe it's just as straightforward as Vaughan being ahead of him. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:44pm
I wondered about that, it's odd. As for Vaughan, he's tiny, doesnt really come across on the telly, but live he cant be much more than 5ft, honestly, smallest lad Ive ever seen. Busy little fella though!
Idah Dream!
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:50pm

I wondered about that, it's odd. As for Vaughan, he's tiny, doesnt really come across on the telly, but live he cant be much more than 5ft, honestly, smallest lad Ive ever seen. Busy little fella though!
Yeah tiny but very tidy. Vata with a great run there. Have the feeling this ref like nearly every ref underage will throw a few stinkers decisions before this is over.

Estonia might be good for a draw as they play very defensively.

Edited by Nialler - 28 Mar 2023 at 7:52pm
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:58pm
Playing on a cow field again, well done FAI ! 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:58pm
Great start by the Irish Vata, Murphy and Vaughan excellent. Zefi and Lonergan need to join up better with their attacking partners.
Idah Dream!
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:01pm

Great start by the Irish Vata, Murphy and Vaughan excellent. Zefi and Lonergan need to join up better with their attacking partners.
This ref is the same sh*te ref from the other day.
Much better team so far. Hopefully we can get the goal before HT.

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:07pm

Who is the Irish vata?
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:08pm
This teams decision making in the final third leaves a lot to be desired, take the wrong option nearly every time, no surprise they have only scored one goal from open play in games they have dominated.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 8:11pm
This ref is sh*te. I am not sure he has played the game at any level after seeing that free. Zefi did very well there and got penalised
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 47>
  Share Topic