You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 47>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:15pm
It is tragic for sure. 

No way a top nation lets a qualifers happen on this pitch. 
It is March in Iteland. Shiw some f**king foresight.
Braindead to have a technical group of players playing in conditiins at home to suit the opposition. 

Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Poor from Golding. Once he lost the ball goal was written all over it.
Zefi put him i to trouble but yeah still poor and he has looked capable of an error on the ball
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:18pm
That was a pen. Miserable game of football.
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:19pm
Disappointing, think we've looked good in the second half. Ferizaj has impressed me
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:20pm
Murphy's crossing has been really poor.

They can't really play ball with the pitch in that condition. The ball bounced and just got stuck in the mud like a medicine ball.

Zefi and Vata have been lively enough.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Murphy's crossing has been really poor.

They can't really play ball with the pitch in that condition. The ball bounced and just got stuck in the mud like a medicine ball.

Zefi and Vata have been lively enough.
They haven't a hope

Edited by Nialler - 22 Mar 2023 at 5:23pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:26pm
Really poor performance.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:30pm

Consolation at the end might come in useful but qualification is out of their hands now. They will need Slovakia to slip up.

Even taking account of the pitch and the conditions I think that squad has been vastly overrated by quite a few people. I've maybe just been unlucky, but I've watched Zefi a few times now and have yet to see him do anything to justify the hype. Lots of tricks but little end product.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:30pm
Brutal start
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Celticbhoy32 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celticbhoy32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

It is tragic for sure. 

No way a top nation lets a qualifers happen on this pitch. 
It is March in Iteland. Shiw some f**king foresight.
Braindead to have a technical group of players playing in conditiins at home to suit the opposition. 

Hard to disagree with that. Dreadful dreadful pitch 
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 7:42pm
I didn't see any of the game, so can't really comment.

But that's typical Ireland. When we are favourites... we usually disappoint. Pretty much in every sport. Lol. We love being underdogs.
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 8:43pm
except for rugby, we seem to be able to handle being favourites in that sport. Not sure any other sport we are favourites in? Utterly nonsense comment. 
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by SeanC SeanC wrote:

except for rugby, we seem to be able to handle being favourites in that sport. Not sure any other sport we are favourites in? Utterly nonsense comment. 

Ireland have never gone beyond a QF at The Rugby World Cup. They always bottle it. They even played like sh*t at the weekend. If it hadn't been for that red card, who knows.

When you expect them to win (which was the case today at home with an exciting squad), they usually fail.

We are an underdog nation. We don't handle the favourites tag well.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 1:12am
Disappointing result, only saw the first half as I was in transit thereafter, but I thought we would go on and win it, we looked to have a bit more about us. Do we have to top the group to qualify? Slovakia didnt look great tbf so no guarantee theyll win their game vs Greece. Estonia will need to be dispatched comfortably on Saturday and hopefully we still have a chance going in to the final game.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 2:18am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Consolation at the end might come in useful but qualification is out of their hands now. They will need Slovakia to slip up.

Even taking account of the pitch and the conditions I think that squad has been vastly overrated by quite a few people. I've maybe just been unlucky, but I've watched Zefi a few times now and have yet to see him do anything to justify the hype. Lots of tricks but little end product.

Like you, I have seen him only a couple of times, but he looks like a highlights reel kind of lad, the hype is absurd, he has only just broken in to Inter's U19 side, McJannet, Abankwah and Ryan have all been featuring at U19 level in Italy already. He's clearly got talent, but I have seen calls for him to be capped in case he defects to Albania, crazy stuff. He's a kid with mad skillz innit, does he have all the other traits necessary to make it, I have no idea, but he has plenty to prove. As I said, I only watched the first half, but he wasnt remotely close to being our best player in that period. I like the look of McJannet and Umeh, although very very raw managed to get on the ball a lot and always looked dangerous.
Idah Dream!
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 4:16am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Like you, I have seen him only a couple of times, but he looks like a highlights reel kind of lad, the hype is absurd, he has only just broken in to Inter's U19 side, McJannet, Abankwah and Ryan have all been featuring at U19 level in Italy already. He's clearly got talent, but I have seen calls for him to be capped in case he defects to Albania, crazy stuff. He's a kid with mad skillz innit, does he have all the other traits necessary to make it, I have no idea, but he has plenty to prove. As I said, I only watched the first half, but he wasnt remotely close to being our best player in that period. I like the look of McJannet and Umeh, although very very raw managed to get on the ball a lot and always looked dangerous.
He is being kept back because his size. He is a brilliant player and not many could look good yesterday. His end product is literally off the charts. Just been unlucky i guess

Edited by Nialler - 23 Mar 2023 at 3:28pm
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 1:17pm
Does anyone know the reason why Moore didn't play.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 1:19pm
Very frustrating result yesterday but looking back at it, the conditions really did us no favours.
We are a technical ball-playing team who tried to work passing and moving and getting into good attacking positions.
But the pitch was a quagmire (can't really blame anyone after the horrendous March weather we've had). Whereas Slovakia played on the counter, broke direct and fast and took their two chances very well.
They were clinical whereas we had most of the play but were wasteful.
Their style was less hindered by the heavy surface.

The game had 0-0 written all over it until their excellent break.

It's a bitter pill and qualification now looks a long shot.  We'd need Greece to beat Slovakia while we win our two matches with goals to spare.

Let's just get past Estonia (hopefully in better conditions) and then hope Greece do us a favour.
Then we can go into the last game with a shot.

Edited by Fozz - 23 Mar 2023 at 1:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 47>
  Share Topic