You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 47>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

There was some good football played tonight and in the last game but they have created very little in the way of goalscoring opportunities and have looked vulnerable on the break. A hugely disappointing week for them. Can't see too many of this team jumping straight up to the 21s just yet although I do think it's a talented group. 

A number have been oversold alright. Curtis has already and Abankwah will, Alex Murphy has been excellent and can play LB, CB and tonight CDM, I think he'll step up also. Of the attacking players, I dont see too many going up given the strength in depth at U21 level, maybe Vata. Mc Jannet in CM has a decent chance also.

This group lacked a 9 to be super competitive and that is all. 
Neither of the 3 used will be pro footballers at senior level past league one unfortunately.
Vata and Zefi were doing plenty but a 9 who works a defence makes the difference and creates space. I think they are honestly poorly coached too. We were the naive team in all 3 games and it looks that way a lot underage. The 17's were similar. They should have coasted through their group.

I wouldn't judge the players on results here at all. I see probably 5 potential seniors in this group.
Vaughan is a lovely player but he hasn't a hope physically making the step ups these days. You have to be a freak technically to do it and he isn't a freak. They could easily have won all 3 games here.

The teams mentioned as way better than these had very good 9's for the most part. Some age groups have them some don't. This age group could have Ferguson. Add Ferguson and I think it completely changes the way people view this team.

I still think 17's and 19's are by far our most talented groups.

Let me get this right, you’re writing off an 18 year old as he “hasn’t a hope physically making the step up these days”. Is that right, yea?

Yes. He is up to not that far above my hips lad. Granted I am tall but I am more than a foot taller i reckon.
He is great little player but players that size in the prem? how many? how many in the championship ? very few and they all have something in common if they do, they are either lightning quick like a lmaptey or technically off the charts and he is neither. I find it hilarious you think that is outlandish or something. He is in the wrong country to be his size.

Starts for Hull! Safer saying f**k all next time lad.

Wow!! LOL

and by all accounts can't deal with exactly what I said he wouldn't be able to. If you read it I said he is a lovely player but doesn't have the physicality. I don't say something to be right. I say it to give my opinion... which has not changed. I hope he becomes the best 10 in the world. I have nothing against him, it is actually the opposite. I like him as a player.
Sponsored Links

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 9:30am
Sean Moore is reported today to be moving to West Ham from Cliftonville in the summer in a deal that could be worth half a million with add-ons. The article in today’s Sunday Life also claims that NI are not giving up on him despite him already making his debut for Tom Mohan’s under-19s.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Sean Moore is reported today to be moving to West Ham from Cliftonville in the summer in a deal that could be worth half a million with add-ons. The article in today’s Sunday Life also claims that NI are not giving up on him despite him already making his debut for Tom Mohan’s under-19s.

Was named the leagues young player of the year last night.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 10:44am

I love that NI aren't giving up on him. Imagine the conviction underpinning his decision to go with us. And then thinking he could change his mind. Arrogance really on their part. Surely he only ever plays for that lot of he doesn't fulfill his potential and isn't good enough to play for us and then actually is even bothered to play for them? Or am I the arrogant one?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 11:31am
I believe you’re right. He has refused point blank to meet Michael O’Neill to discuss.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 12:45pm

I believe you’re right. He has refused point blank to meet Michael O’Neill to discuss.

Bit strange summoning a 17 year old to explain his decisions. I would of ignored him at that age too.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 1:31pm
Hope his heart is with Ireland. 

He's going to have Michael O'Neill offering him a place in the senior NI setup vs Ireland u19/u21s for the moment. 

In a few years, he could be a serious player for us. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 1:36pm
I presume them not giving up = them being more than happy to take him back if he falls short of the standard needed to play for us at senior level.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 1:59pm
There may be other angles. There are a few West Ham lads ( Forbes, Kelly, Marshall ) about a year older than him who came from Irish League clubs, he’ll know some of them and they might encourage him to join them in the NI underage set-up. On the other hand, one or two of them might switch the other way. I think Sean’s mind is made up, for the moment anyway. He has a bright future ahead of him.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Hope his heart is with Ireland. 

He's going to have Michael O'Neill offering him a place in the senior NI setup vs Ireland u19/u21s for the moment. 

In a few years, he could be a serious player for us. 

In fairness now, I don't think you need to "hope" that his heart is with Ireland... Where his heart is has been made crystal clear.

I would say that NI would have already offered him that senior set up place by now to tie him in. It is modus operandi. Albeit, O'Neill wouldn't have done it directly because, as GC stated, he didn't want to talk to O'Neill. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 3:32pm
It would make no sense for him to use his switch at this point anyway. Better to go as far as he can with us and he can always switch to the north (who he has never represented competitively) if it doesn't work out with Ireland.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 11:23am
Good to have him on board, but he has tough competition even within our underage set up. Vata and Zefi are both 2005 born also and play in similar positions while we also have Kone-Doherty (2006 born).
Idah Dream!
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 9:49pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 10:06pm
archive.ph works for this one if anyone wants to read the full article.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 7:53am
Neil Lennon went public recently to advise Sean to sign for Celtic. He seems to be set for West Ham, a far better development option. Four young players there already from Irish League clubs, all doing really well. Stephen Whelan, their scout in NI, has an excellent track record for spotting talent.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:29am
He will have to be as good as the hype suggests to even get in to our underage teams consistently, as we have a lot of very good young wide attacking players in or around his age group - Vata, Zefi, Kone-Doherty, nevertheless it is nice to see him nail his colours to the mast early.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 5:27pm
U19s having a three day training camp on June 18th. Charlton posted about one of their players, Patrick Casey, being called up to train. Not sure if he's been called up before but was definitely mentioned before. Young traveller lad and listed as Irish on Charltons website.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

U19s having a three day training camp on June 18th. Charlton posted about one of their players, Patrick Casey, being called up to train. Not sure if he's been called up before but was definitely mentioned before. Young traveller lad and listed as Irish on Charltons website.

Scored 42 goals for Charltons u18s and u23s this year and only went 17 in December, deffo knows how to put the ball in the onion sack anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 47>
  Share Topic