You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 47>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 7:42pm
You could argue that this squad is far more exciting than our 21’s.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 9:37pm
Bit disappointed by the lack of Norn iron fans not having a moan in here today. Where are the "stalking our young lads to obscure sporting locations all over the northern countryide" posts and "MON is such a fine gentleman and beyond reproach" type spiel 

We got your best young player lads .. you are entitled to have a cry in here today LOL

Edited by Nialler - 15 Mar 2023 at 9:37pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Bit disappointed by the lack of Norn iron fans not having a moan in here today. Where are the "stalking our young lads to obscure sporting locations all over the northern countryide" posts and "MON is such a fine gentleman and beyond reproach" type spiel 

We got your best young player lads .. you are entitled to have a cry in here today LOL

Read a couple of Facebook comments on BBC NI, some of them are claiming that we need to "steal" their players because our own underage sides are so poor.

If only they knew that both our 17s and 19s have consistently been ranked amongst the best 10 teams in Europe for the past 2-3 years.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 10:32pm
Really strong looking squad. Looking forward to seeing them next week in Ferrycarrig. Shame the first game is on 330 the day of the Latvia game, too late to make both, poor scheduling.
Idah Dream!
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Read a couple of Facebook comments on BBC NI, some of them are claiming that we need to "steal" "their" players because our own underage sides are so poor.

If only they knew that both our 17s and 19s have consistently been ranked amongst the best 10 teams in Europe for the past 2-3 years.
I must have a look LOL

Edited by Nialler - 16 Mar 2023 at 12:18am
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Séan Moore has been named in both our squad and the North's. Interesting to see how this plays out 

EDIT: Seems according to Tom Mohan he has committed to us. North obviously trying to act the bollox 

Disappointingly the north didn't include him. Would have been funny. We could do worse than send a couple of scouts to their games though because I'd say there's a few more in there that would happily jump ship if we wanted them.

Goalkeepers – Josh Clarke (Celtic), Pierce Charles (Sheffield Wednesday).

Defenders – Daithi McCallion (Finn Harps, on loan from Derry City), Dylan Sloan (Newry City, on loan from Larne), Josh Roney (Stoke City), Reece Jordan (Portadown), Aaron Wightman (Glentoran), Brodie Spencer (Huddersfield Town), Tommy Fogarty (Birmingham City).

Midfielders – Conor Scannell (Ards), Jamie McDonnell (Nottingham Forest), Darren Robinson (Derby County), Rio Morgan (Ipswich Town), Jamie Doran (Glenavon).

Forwards – Charlie Lindsay (Rangers), Callum Marshall (West Ham United), Aaron Prendergast (Glenavon), Makenzie Kirk (Hearts), Sam Glenfield (Fleetwood Town), Conor Falls (Huddersfield Town).
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 3:10pm
Daithi McCallion I wouldn't be surprised to see switch given his family's background.
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 3:31pm
yeah mccallion is a banker to switch in time if his ability allows it.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 3:34pm
We should be ruthlessly going after Irish players. Especially if we expand our underage teams.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 3:47pm
Sean Moore is a great acquisition, he’s 17, a regular for Cliftonville and a terrific talent for that age. Sure to go to a PL club at the end of the season. There’s not too many stand-outs in the NI squad. The lad Marshall at West Ham has a chance, he’s a natural goalscorer and has been doing well for them. He won’t switch but I wonder about his team-mates Michael Forbes and Paddy Kelly ? They are eligible but not listed.

Edited by Green Cockade - 16 Mar 2023 at 3:51pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Séan Moore has been named in both our squad and the North's. Interesting to see how this plays out 

EDIT: Seems according to Tom Mohan he has committed to us. North obviously trying to act the bollox 

Disappointingly the north didn't include him. Would have been funny. We could do worse than send a couple of scouts to their games though because I'd say there's a few more in there that would happily jump ship if we wanted them.

Goalkeepers – Josh Clarke (Celtic), Pierce Charles (Sheffield Wednesday).

Defenders – Daithi McCallion (Finn Harps, on loan from Derry City), Dylan Sloan (Newry City, on loan from Larne), Josh Roney (Stoke City), Reece Jordan (Portadown), Aaron Wightman (Glentoran), Brodie Spencer (Huddersfield Town), Tommy Fogarty (Birmingham City).

Midfielders – Conor Scannell (Ards), Jamie McDonnell (Nottingham Forest), Darren Robinson (Derby County), Rio Morgan (Ipswich Town), Jamie Doran (Glenavon).

Forwards – Charlie Lindsay (Rangers), Callum Marshall (West Ham United), Aaron Prendergast (Glenavon), Makenzie Kirk (Hearts), Sam Glenfield (Fleetwood Town), Conor Falls (Huddersfield Town).

Didn't we have Tommy Fogarty of Birmingham in with us too recently? 

Going by the below article, Moore may have reached out first or made his preference known via an intermediary. Great stuff and hopefully more from Belfast follow the likes of him and Sykes through the door. 

Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Sean Moore is a great acquisition, he’s 17, a regular for Cliftonville and a terrific talent for that age. Sure to go to a PL club at the end of the season. There’s not too many stand-outs in the NI squad. The lad Marshall at West Ham has a chance, he’s a natural goalscorer and has been doing well for them. He won’t switch but I wonder about his team-mates Michael Forbes and Paddy Kelly ? They are eligible but not listed.

No idea how legitimate this guy or tweet is but he reckons the FAI are working on Marshall. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 11:24am
That would be extremely unlikely I would say.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 11:42am
Looks a good talent but can't see that one happening.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 11:48am
At his age he's probably better staying where he is for the time being if there might actually be some interest.

Good record at U18s level with West Ham but it's U18s. He'll be overage for the U19s next season and the level of talent we've got who'll still be underage for the U19s next season he might not even get a look in at U21 in two years.

No point switching now and making it harder for yourself in time to switch back if things don't work out.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 12:47pm
Good to see the FAI looking at players from all backgrounds in the North! Wasn’t that what Terri was complaining about? How we only went after those from a Nationalist background.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 2:40pm
No Ferizaj, Vata or Moore in the Under 19 team against Slovakia. Still a strong looking side though. Moore not on the bench either.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 2:40pm
Team is in for today's opener in the Elite Phase:

Abankwah and the much-talked-about Moore missing from the matchday squad.

Are they limited to 18 for the match itself?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 47>
  Share Topic