You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 47>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by PaddyMaddenIsCounty! PaddyMaddenIsCounty! wrote:

Don’t write anyone off, so what if they on loan to Farsley Celtic at that age, Dara O’Shea had loan to Hereford at similar age and was making of him especially there cup run and higher profile games. Better than playing academy football 

Owen Mason has been involved in underage squads for the last few years. He's a giant of a keeper for such a young lad and is quite highly rated within both the FAI underage and Mansfield set ups. His call up is the least surprising of any of the goalkeepers.
He had loan last year as well with Guiseley at that level,30+ games for a keeper at that level at age 17/18 toughen him right up. Heard of him and Storer out of keepers, Mason seems to be No1 coming up through age groups
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 2:03pm

Don’t write anyone off, so what if they on loan to Farsley Celtic at that age, Dara O’Shea had loan to Hereford at similar age and was making of him especially there cup run and higher profile games. Better than playing academy football 

Owen Mason has been involved in underage squads for the last few years. He's a giant of a keeper for such a young lad and is quite highly rated within both the FAI underage and Mansfield set ups. His call up is the least surprising of any of the goalkeepers.
He had loan last year as well with Guiseley at that level,30+ games for a keeper at that level at age 17/18 toughen him right up. Heard of him and Storer out of keepers, Mason seems to be No1 coming up through age groups

Yeah, for anyone who actually follows the underage set up he's the obvious stand out of the keepers picked, doing well at such a young age.
We're decent enough..
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 2:23pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 2:34pm

Yeah, for anyone who actually follows the underage set up he's the obvious stand out of the keepers picked, doing well at such a young age.

Don't let facts get in a way he's too English for some so he's clearly useless and we shouldn't be slumming it with those people. He should just magically be a league starter at 18 and we will then write him off because he'll clearly be waiting for his england call up. Wink

But yeah in serious. So many goalkeepers have non league loans. League teams generally don't trust a teenager in goal so its an important part of their development to play actual competitive games still.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 2:42pm

no issue with English Born players at all… but why are the FAI not as near aggressive when recruiting Irish born players in the 6 counties?? very frustrating from a Northern Fan i have to say
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by mully_85 mully_85 wrote:

no issue with English Born players at all… but why are the FAI not as near aggressive when recruiting Irish born players in the 6 counties?? very frustrating from a Northern Fan i have to say

Because we might miss out on the next Will Ferry. Keep up.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 2:47pm
There will only be a very limited number of players in the north who are good enough to be considered and NI are so short on decent young players that they basically cap any young lad with a pulse, making it harder for them to switch to us.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

There will only be a very limited number of players in the north who are good enough to be considered and NI are so short on decent young players that they basically cap any young lad with a pulse, making it harder for them to switch to us.

Bingo, I'd also add that there are a few bleeding heart types in the FAI who are a bit shy about potentially upsetting themmuns up the road.
We're decent enough..
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

lol or the flip side… the next Conor Bradley or Niall McGinn etc it’s shambolic that there ain’t a proactive approach in this regard. we are meant to be a 32 county team
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 3:22pm
17yr old Sean Moore of Cliftonville should be invited if this has not already happened. I believe he will be a top player in years to come. Lots of agents and scouts from big clubs interested in him right now.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 3:29pm

lol or the flip side… the next Conor Bradley or Niall McGinn etc it’s shambolic that there ain’t a proactive approach in this regard. we are meant to be a 32 county team

There are literally several people employed by the FAI and based in England whose sole remit is to find eligible English players. They literally get paid a commission for every player they procure. I doubt it matters to them whether they'll be good enough or are good enough. Perhaps the financial incentive isn't the same to source players up the road who may be interested in playing for us with the same vigor.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

17yr old Sean Moore of Cliftonville should be invited if this has not already happened. I believe he will be a top player in years to come. Lots of agents and scouts from big clubs interested in him right now.

Doubt Cliftonville would have allowed him travel over. He's also 2005 so underage again next season and if they've already talked with him could be a situation where they let him concentrate on his football and then call him up when he's not playing in NI.

Think we'll see come March where things are with him if he's not in any NI squad come March.

Edited by J89 - 29 Jan 2023 at 3:31pm
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 3:36pm

There are literally several people employed by the FAI and based in England whose sole remit is to find eligible English players. They literally get paid a commission for every player they procure. I doubt it matters to them whether they'll be good enough or are good enough. Perhaps the financial incentive isn't the same to source players up the road who may be interested in playing for us with the same vigor.

so the FAI has an England Department?? and what exactly is the strategy regarding players born within the 6 northern counties ?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Doubt Cliftonville would have allowed him travel over. He's also 2005 so underage again next season and if they've already talked with him could be a situation where they let him concentrate on his football and then call him up when he's not playing in NI.

NI will just throw senior caps at him if it's left to sit like that. I don't think people realise how little talent they have coming through up there, it's basically Bradley and tumbleweed. They'll happily cap Moore or anyone else at senior level, even if they're nowhere near that standard, if they think the player is a flight risk.

That said, this is a camp for British based players, so wouldn't be relevant to him anyway.

Edited by You Tell Me - 29 Jan 2023 at 3:42pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

NI will just throw senior caps at him if it's left to sit like that. I don't think people realise how little talent they have coming through up there, it's basically Bradley and tumbleweed. They'll happily cap Moore or anyone else at senior level, even if they're nowhere near that standard, if they think the player is a flight risk.

That said, this is a camp for British based players, so wouldn't be relevant to him anyway.

Sit like what, player and FAI could have agreed that it's best he don't feature while still based in NI is what I'm saying to avoid any hassle with NI fans. That's if he's talked with us and wants to switch.

We'll find for definite come March if he's fit and doesn't feature in any NI squad. It be safe to assume then he's thrown his lot in with us.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 4:11pm
I’d be hopeful at this stage, Mark Sykes has led the way recently. Moore is the best young player I have seen for a long time. Conor Bradley has been lost to us, the only other young NI player who stands out is 19 yr old Manchester born Shea Charles of Man. City who has been capped in the Nations League for NI, not sure if that ties him down for them under the current rules.

Edited by Green Cockade - 29 Jan 2023 at 4:11pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 4:21pm
Yeah Charles has had four caps so is tied to NI now.
Baker582 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baker582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 12:39am

Was he injured for the Under-19 UEFA Qualifiers in September? The two goalkeepers back then were Aaron Maguire and Reece Byrne.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 47>
  Share Topic