You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 47>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 6:04pm
One thing I have observed from the lads playing yesterday is the number of them already playing men's football in the LOI along with a few lads in England (Vaughan/Maher). Major positive and will bring these boys on an awful lot in the short term.
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

One thing I have observed from the lads playing yesterday is the number of them already playing men's football in the LOI along with a few lads in England (Vaughan/Maher). Major positive and will bring these boys on an awful lot in the short term.

Yep, a significant benefit of Brexit.
Now the contrary view is that these same lads are missing out on key defining years in top UK academies (ones that would have been deemed good enough, that is).  Hard to say at this stage but for me, playing LoI is better than playing U18's in the UK.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Now the contrary view is that these same lads are missing out on key defining years in top UK academies (ones that would have been deemed good enough, that is).  Hard to say at this stage but for me, playing LoI is better than playing U18's in the UK.

Worth noting also that the U17s beat the Netherlands, albeit on penos last night with I think only 3 British based players in the team. Brexit can bring real benefits, but the LOI clubs need to keep pace and invest the money gained in (hopefully) larger transfer fees into better academies and facilities, so that lads can develop appropriately at home.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

I think the ones losing out the most are the ones going to Italy at 16 and 17, it seems like a bit of a dead end for their career prospects on the face of it but we won't know for sure for a few years.

12 or 18 months ago all the talk in terms of the under 17s was about Zefi. Now Ferizaj seems to be developing better from that group through playing first team football while Zefi is still playing kids games in Italy.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:04pm
Line up announced.
I find it odd that we aren't playing Vata or Zefi against a much stronger team than last game.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:21pm
Like that line up. Be good to see how Maher and Ferizaj get on in midfield and new lad Clarke at LWB. Good squad strength when you can switch out Vaughan, Zefi, and Vata while still naming a good starting XI
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:22pm

Live stream will be available here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j3Yh1fGQtg

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Line up announced.
I find it odd that we aren't playing Vata or Zefi against a much stronger team than last game.

Could be they picked up a knock. More surprised Lonergan can't get in ahead of O'Mahoney he is banging them in a premier level for UCD 

Edited by JoxerDaly - 24 Sep 2022 at 12:34pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 12:39pm
Probably trying to rotate across the three games. Would have been better to have had Gibraltar as the middle game but can always bring them.on early today if needed.

djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 1:34pm
you would know this is u19, feels like in school when everyone just ran after the ball LOL Abankwah looks to be the most talented player there, really solid
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 2:07pm
Shame about Fraser being taken off he looked lively. Looked more like scoring than O'Mahoney.
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 2:46pm
Goal!

Not much worth discussing from this game, Wales shocking.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 2:49pm
2-0 and that's us and Hungary through
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 12:58pm
Missed this, when's the final group game? 
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 2:38pm
A bit forgotten in the middle of everything else but the Under 19s have their last qualifier tonight as well, against Hungary. They've already qualified for the next phase but realistically would need to top the group to have much of a chance in the next round. A point or better tonight would achieve that.

There will be a point at around 7:45 tonight where the Under 19s, Under 21s and the senior team will all be in action at once.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

A bit forgotten in the middle of everything else but the Under 19s have their last qualifier tonight as well, against Hungary. They've already qualified for the next phase but realistically would need to top the group to have much of a chance in the next round. A point or better tonight would achieve that.

There will be a point at around 7:45 tonight where the Under 19s, Under 21s and the senior team will all be in action at once.

Aye, 6pm ko in Wales as per the FAI website - anywhere showing it? 
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 2:52pm
So far only the Wales games have been shown so unlikely to be on anywhere unfortunately.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 2:59pm
Pity it is on at the same time as the important U-21s match. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 47>
  Share Topic