Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 47>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:13pm
I wonder is Irelands son someone who would flip again?? Im not sure if Stephen would like to see him play for us or would he care that much. 
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

delgado View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:36pm
who else stood out in the match apart from josh ireland 
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I wonder is Irelands son someone who would flip again?? Im not sure if Stephen would like to see him play for us or would he care that much. 

Stephen came out a few years ago and said it was a regret not playing more for Ireland and he would like to play again for us . At that stage he was past it 
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:53pm
In the past I can see how lads played internationally as a career decision. They were on sh*t money and they needed to cash in. But now even kids in reserves are on mega bucks and if you are good enough to even be thought of as a future England International the contact you are on is huge. So logically you would think the decision would be made with the heart rather than the pocket. However some of these young lads are so removed from real life I think the agents are brain washing them.
It's not me it's you:-)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Stephen came out a few years ago and said it was a regret not playing more for Ireland and he would like to play again for us . At that stage he was past it 

Didn't Stephen Hunt go on Ryan Tubridy's show and laugh about how he was bullied when he went on national duty?

The lad is clearly eccentric but they could've showed more compassion to someone who was barely out of his teens.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:08am
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

In the past I can see how lads played internationally as a career decision. They were on sh*t money and they needed to cash in. But now even kids in reserves are on mega bucks and if you are good enough to even be thought of as a future England International the contact you are on is huge. So logically you would think the decision would be made with the heart rather than the pocket. However some of these young lads are so removed from real life I think the agents are brain washing them.
God knows Declan Rice had his head turned. Disapprove

Edited by ConorMac77 - 20 May 2021 at 12:09am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:12am
This thread is f**king depressing LOL
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:02am
Should be a strict first meeting to this camp 

Gaffer- 'Anyone who's here for a jolly and to get attention for themselves from other nations can f**k off out that door now'

We should of learnt from the Rice/Grealish sagas and not waste money on guys who aren't committed
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:25am
Just a note on Stephen Ireland, he’s been training with same off-season personal trainer as Zak Gilsenan. They have sessions up on YouTube. Might be nothing but it’s notable how involved Stephen Ireland has been with kids like Cathal Heffernan. He likes having an influence 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Should be a strict first meeting to this camp 

Gaffer- 'Anyone who's here for a jolly and to get attention for themselves from other nations can f**k off out that door now'

We should of learnt from the Rice/Grealish sagas and not waste money on guys who aren't committed

Yeah. Brilliant. 

We know half of you aren't Irish, but we called you up anyway, but f**k off now if you aren't Irish  .....    that's what you think should happen is it  ? 

And its  : should have learnt.

Clown  
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 2:41pm
Mohan has announced a 31 man squad for a home based training camp next week. A lot of UK based players so I’m assuming home based means “going to be in Ireland for the summer”.

Armstrong Okoflex is here but most excited about Kevin Zefi, Ryan O’Kane, and Johnny Kenny. Attacking midfielder Ethan Fitzhugh is a first time call up
I think. Has made a match day squad here and there for Leicester City. Fiona Mooney is another - has played for us and England at underage level.
gally View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 2:47pm
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Mohan has announced a 31 man squad for a home based training camp next week. A lot of UK based players so I’m assuming home based means “going to be in Ireland for the summer”.

Armstrong Okoflex is here but most excited about Kevin Zefi, Ryan O’Kane, and Johnny Kenny. Attacking midfielder Ethan Fitzhugh is a first time call up
I think. Has made a match day squad here and there for Leicester City. Fiona Mooney is another - has played for us and England at underage level.

Fionn Mooney is a surprise alright given he was fairly set on England a while back.

Few notable absentees, Joshua Ireland, Zak Gilsenan, Evan Ferguson, Sinclair Armstrong, Cian Coleman' Leo Gaxha, Rio McEvoy (gone to NI for training camp also) etc
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Fionn Mooney is a surprise alright given he was fairly set on England a while back.

Few notable absentees, Joshua Ireland, Zak Gilsenan, Evan Ferguson, Sinclair Armstrong, Cian Coleman' Leo Gaxha, Rio McEvoy (gone to NI for training camp also) etc

I think some of those were involved in the training camp
at Loughborough University in May. This is the second part of that big camp to evaluate different player. Not sure about Evan Ferguson though. Can’t remember Mohan mentioning him last time out. Still, this is a strong group up front
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

A few of those lads are only 16/were involved in the British based camp so I wouldn’t read anything into that a while. Gilsenan reading between the lines I’d be confident he will pick us yet. 

Seeing this squad on top of the British based camp it’s exciting particularly the fact a lot of our better talent from 02-05 born groups seem to be attacking talent. 

Fitzhugh is another attacking midfielder for context the more the merrier. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 3:31pm
There is some amount of talent and potential in them two training squads that he has picked! Not all will make it but would be hoping to get a few of them through!
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 3:34pm
Some conveyer belt of talent coming through, has to pay off. Going back beforehand we were lucky if we got one real promising player from underage set up a la Robbie Brady now there it is stacked with talent every age group.
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 6:34pm

Didn't Stephen Hunt go on Ryan Tubridy's show and laugh about how he was bullied when he went on national duty?

The lad is clearly eccentric but they could've showed more compassion to someone who was barely out of his teens.
[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy to see Stephen Ireland to continue his involvement in football into coaching and the like.
He was a single dad, still a teenager, talented but with the typical level of insecurities of most young people when he was ridiculed publicly by Hunt (and others?) in a way we would not tolerate now if someone did it on social media.
We missed out on him playing for us, and he had a very staccato playing career. Who of us wouldn't want another chance in life?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 47>
  Share Topic