FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 47>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 7:55pm
Ferizaj did too, wouldnt think too much about it though
Sponsored Links

Celticbhoy32 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celticbhoy32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 7:45pm
im aware of that. My spider sense is tingling though 😅
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Celticbhoy32 Celticbhoy32 wrote:

not sure where to put it. See Kevin zefi posting a couple of Albania related posts in last week. Wonder is he jumping ship 

His parents are Albanian, god forbid he'd be happy they qualified for the Euros.
We're decent enough..
Celticbhoy32 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celticbhoy32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 7:24pm
not sure where to put it. See Kevin zefi posting a couple of Albania related posts in last week. Wonder is he jumping ship 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 6:23pm
Packed with attacking talent, but fairly mediocre at the back. It makes a nice change for an Irish team. Fairly unlucky not to go through, no shame in losing to Belgium.
We're decent enough..
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 6:20pm
There's usually something organised between countries who are knocked out in the qualifying around the same thing the elite stage games are on

Incidentally, England are also out after drawing all their games

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 21 Nov 2023 at 6:29pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Very disappointing outcome for a much (over?) hyped group of players.
Yeah, 6 competitive matches this year and only two wins, a draw and three losses.
All three losses by a single goal.
Tight margins but we came out the wrong side of them.
This with three of the matches at home aswell.

Agree re friendlies for the 04/05 group next year.
Both age-groups in limbo now until the next U21 campaign in 2025, as I work it out (please correct me if I am wrong).
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 4:50pm
Very disappointing outcome for a much (over?) hyped group of players.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Shame.
No Elite Round for this squad in Spring now.
Was a tough group as it turned out, with Slovenia proving to be the sticky-wicket.
When they drew v Belgium, the writing was on the wall.

Is that it now for the 2005's at the U19 age-group?

Yup that's the 2005 age group now finished with the U19s. FAI should think about organizing a match for the 04/05 age groups next March.

Use it as a game for Crawford to have a look and see if any of the younger lads are worth taking on any training camps they have this summer.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 3:02pm
James Mcmanus only starting one game I thought was very strange, unless he had some knock he got for Bohs in the final I can't understand it. 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 2:58pm
Out with a very good group. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 2:57pm
Shame.
No Elite Round for this squad in Spring now.
Was a tough group as it turned out, with Slovenia proving to be the sticky-wicket.
When they drew v Belgium, the writing was on the wall.

Is that it now for the 2005's at the U19 age-group?
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

1-0 down and currently heading out with Slovenia winning 
Yeah need a goal and no more goals in the other game
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 2:23pm
1-0 down and currently heading out with Slovenia winning 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 1:44pm
Currently nil all with Belgium. Same score in other game which means we are going through as it stands.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 12:00pm
Drew 0-0 with Slovenia.
We can top the group by beating Belgium in a few days but we can also go out with a loss there so all to play for.
Melia made his U19 debut as a late sub.
Just turned 16, so fair play to him.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 5:36pm
Super result for the U18s today beating Belgium 2-1 in Spain. Goals for Taylor Mooney and Nic Okosun.
Idah Dream!
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2023 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Plenty of talent knocking about though. 2 Strikers missing from this squad Patrick Casey who's banging them in for Charltons u21s another 2 tonight and 1 against Wolves the weekend and only 17 and Nathan Fraser who's out injured. A few u20 international games would keep likes of them involved .
Why pick them for an Under-20 squad if they aren't selected for Under-19's though? Fraser may be injured now but wasn't in last two squads when he was fit either
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 47>
  Share Topic