You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Azerbaijan Away - Saturday 9th October 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Enjoy the trip folks Clap
Wonder how they got on in that '24-hour' bar? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 1:07pm
Anyone have problems with the prostitutes last night, went back to the hotel at 3 in the morning.Girls at the hotel reception trying to get into the room with me,hard to get rid of.I was on my last legs,all l was fit was for was sleep.I was just thinking if I went with one of them I'd have woken up this morning with no wallet and a sore mickey.Good decision to go to sleep 😴. The place is swarming with them at night.
jferry953 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jferry953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Jack City Jack City wrote:

Anyone have problems with the prostitutes last night, went back to the hotel at 3 in the morning.Girls at the hotel reception trying to get into the room with me,hard to get rid of.I was on my last legs,all l was fit was for was sleep.I was just thinking if I went with one of them I'd have woken up this morning with no wallet and a sore mickey.Good decision to go to sleep 😴. The place is swarming with them at night.

Which hotel is that?_ asking for a friend πŸ˜‰

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by jferry953 jferry953 wrote:

Which hotel is that?_ asking for a friend πŸ˜‰

Can we start a list for this information? 

Ferry
Eireland +2
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 2:42pm

I love the way you posed that as a question but dying to tell us the story LOLTongue
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 3:39pm

Edited by Maccatacca - 09 Oct 2021 at 3:39pm
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:20pm
Remember years back in Donetsk the hotel trying to force prostitutes on us, knocking on our door minutes after checking in.

Same women served the breakfast in the morning. Some job advert that must have been.

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 09 Oct 2021 at 8:14pm
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Remember years back tin Donetsk the hotel trying to force prostitutes on us, knocking on our door minutes after checking in.

Same women served the breakfast in the morning. Some job advert that must have been.

Sausage in the morning and at night. 
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 8:05am
That 24 hour bar was not open at night like Trigger said in Only Fools and Horses.
Fair play to the Irish fans who made the journey. Plenty coverage of them at the match on tv.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Remember years back in Donetsk the hotel trying to force prostitutes on us, knocking on our door minutes after checking in.

LOL
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 9:51am
Definitely not 300 there surely like said on the commentaryLOL

Edited by irelandfan - 10 Oct 2021 at 9:52am
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:29pm
Definitely the most satisfying dead rubber away trip I was ever on. 

Cracking result and the Azeribaijanis are lovely people. Clap

Edited by irishmufc - 10 Oct 2021 at 2:47pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Definitely not 300 there surely like said on the commentaryLOL

They should do a movie about them though not sure who Gerald Butler should play Minty ? Daithi ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 12:21am
Sitting here in the airport waiting to board my flight to Frankfurt. Smashing trip. Absolutely exhausted. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 2:51pm
Any stories from this trip?
Was there 1 main bar that people went to or was it spread over the city?
Who got scammed at the local titty bar? There's usually someone.

Any mental taxi drivers?
The dark side.. And the light
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 5:16pm
Just got in the door here in Cork after a long drive from Dublin Airport, nearly fell asleep twice on the Motorway.Had to stop and rest the eye's, great trip.Thought the Azerbaijan people were sound, congratulations from alot of them after we won the match.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 6:23pm
What a trip! 12 hours into a 14 layover in Frankfurt and don’t even care it was absolutely unreal and worth every minute! The result really does make a trip and what a buzz it was to be back in a proper away end too. Can’t say a bad word about Azerbaijan. Roll on Luxembourg. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 6:24pm

Just got in the door here in Cork after a long drive from Dublin Airport, nearly fell asleep twice on the Motorway.Had to stop and rest the eye's, great trip.Thought the Azerbaijan people were sound, congratulations from alot of them after we won the match.
You met them all?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
  Share Topic