You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Azerbaijan Away - Saturday 9th October 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 10:41am
Honestly now really looking forward to this. Been a long time coming. Think we will meet a nice few of ye in Frankfurt, we have the long lay over as well due to flight time change plus the runway touch down in Tbilisi.

Booked PCR for next Wednesday. Personally it's a load of bollocks but what can you do. We should be able to just do a poxy COVID test instead - it is free and the exact same thing. Baku has been long up there as a place I am dying to visit. I remember when we were drawn with them (initially the other team was put back, can't remember who) & I went mental. I always look at other countries and get envious of their trips while we go to Copenhagen and Cardiff. 

It is a bit of a trek but Georgia was class in 2014 (wow I'm getting old) and there are a few countries that I badly want to visit.

Armenia (lads said it was a belter)
Slovenia 
Ukraine 

To name a few. 

The smaller groups are a nice trip, you met a lot of fans that travel all the time and strike up friendships. Going to the Aviva for the home games has given me a lift when it has been doom and gloom for so long. 

Daughter's communion (keep calling it Christening FFS LOL) is the 16th - so I'd say the wife is nervous but look safer over there than here. Nice few pints until we land in Baku and it looks beautiful so cannot wait.

Not sure about popping in to Frankfurt, have been there a few times but we will see. Saying that we usually go to Hahn which is worse than landing in Luton and going to London LOL LOL

Edited by kearney304 - 28 Sep 2021 at 4:24pm
Sponsored Links

newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Honestly now really looking forward to this. Been a long time coming. Think we will meet a nice few of ye in Frankfurt, we have the long lay over as well due to flight time change plus the runway touch down in Tbilisi.

Booked PCR for next Wednesday. Personally it's a load of bollocks but what can you do. We should be able to just do a poxy COVID test instead - it is free and the exact same thing. Baku has been long up there as a place I am dying to visit. I remember when we were drawn with them (initially the other team was put back, can't remember who) & I went mental. I always look at other countries and get envious of their trips while we go to Copenhagen and Cardiff. 

It is a bit of a trek but Georgia was class in 2014 (wow I'm getting old) and there are a few countries that I badly want to visit.

Slovenia 
Ukraine 

To name a few. 

The smaller groups are a nice trip, you met a lot of fans that travel all the time and strike up friendships. Going to the Aviva for the home games has given me a lift when it has been doom and gloom for so long. 

Daughter's christening is the 16th - so I'd say the wife is nervous but look safer over there than here. Nice few pints until we land in Baku and it looks beautiful so cannot wait.

Not sure about popping in to Frankfurt, have been there a few times but we will see. Saying that we usually go to Hahn which is worse than landing in Luton and going to London LOL LOL

If you have an Azerbaijan stamp in your passport, you might have difficulty getting into Armenia (Or is it the other way round?)

Slovenia and Ukraine as also in the same Nations League pool as Ireland.  So the 16th December draw might grant you your wish!

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Slovenia 
Ukraine 

To name a few. 

Daughter's christening is the 16th - so I'd say the wife is nervous but look safer over there than here. Nice few pints until we land in Baku and it looks beautiful so cannot wait.

If you have an Azerbaijan stamp in your passport, you might have difficulty getting into Armenia (Or is it the other way round?)

Slovenia and Ukraine as also in the same Nations League pool as Ireland.  So the 16th December draw might grant you your wish!

No issue either way.  Went to Armenia twice on my last passport with a visit to Azerbaijan in between.

No border crossings between them obviously still afaik.  It is an issue if you have visited Nagorno-Kharabakh and then try to enter Azerbaijan.  
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Slovenia 
Ukraine 

To name a few. 

100% - looking forward to the draw 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 10:40pm
The Center City Hotel tried to take money from the card a few times this evening and ended up cancelling on me then. Had money in the Revolut too and all.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

The Center City Hotel tried to take money from the card a few times this evening and ended up cancelling on me then. Had money in the Revolut too and all.
Was it not just a pre auth ? Lot of places do that to verify the card.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 5:44am
Are closing times definitely at midnight?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 8:02am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Yeah, looks like they've brought forward some changes that were due at the end of October to the 1st of October but from what I've read midnight closing is still in place. You'll need your vaccine cert to basically go anywhere.
Public transport runs on the weekends from this weekend instead of from November 
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 8:20am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I've used Randox in Dublin Airport for PCR testing.  I would definitely recommend them.  One thing is they guarantee "Next Day" results now as opposed to "24 hours" in the past.  A June test took longer than 24 hours, 27 hours or so from memory.  

I've actually booked Go Safe in Dundrum this time despite being ten euro more as they give faster results and it is more convenient for me to be tested there rather than the airport.  I have heard they are also good.  

Hi Gary,

Randox are also In Sandyford. Think the old Bewleys Hotel.

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Was it not just a pre auth ? Lot of places do that to verify the card.
It was which is why I found it strange the cancelled after trying it. The card is working they could have just taken €1.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 10:16am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Yeah, looks like they've brought forward some changes that were due at the end of October to the 1st of October but from what I've read midnight closing is still in place. You'll need your vaccine cert to basically go anywhere.
Public transport runs on the weekends from this weekend instead of from November 

Cheers
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 11:10am
Had Planned to go originally but with uncertainty around being able never did and now have another event clashing. Im going to apply for a ticket as id like to have it on the record so if successful and anyone is looking for on, give a shout!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Had Planned to go originally but with uncertainty around being able never did and now have another event clashing. Im going to apply for a ticket as id like to have it on the record so if successful and anyone is looking for on, give a shout!
So you’re openly admitting to ticket harvesting? Nice. Delighted the FAI are getting the scanning records from the Azer FA to weed lads like you out.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 11:45am

Good idea! Going to do the same myself.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 11:52am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Good idea! Going to do the same myself.
Nope, not biting BrendanLOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

I wouldn't be in a huge rush to go on the metro again over there. Bit minging I thought. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 12:54pm

Same. Don't want to miss out on World Cup tickets so have applied myself.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 1:12pm

Thankfully this sort of crap will be weeded out and removed from your record
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
  Share Topic