You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Azerbaijan Away - Saturday 9th October 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

ffs. Cry

I wouldn't chance it if I have to take a test over there before flying back into the EU. 

All depends on what changes if any are made to the designated list here

If no change then once you've your covid cert that's all you need coming home 

I'm vaccinated and would have no issue with getting a test going over there but not coming back into the EU on the very unlikely chance that I'd have to isolate in Baku if I failed it. 

Two nights was enough in the place before and I'm not doing more than two this time round.  LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:37pm

ffs. Cry

I wouldn't chance it if I have to take a test over there before flying back into the EU. 

All depends on what changes if any are made to the designated list here

If no change then once you've your covid cert that's all you need coming home 

I'm vaccinated and would have no issue with getting a test going over there but not coming back into the EU on the very unlikely chance that I'd have to isolate in Baku if I failed it. 

Two nights was enough in the place before and I'm not doing more than two this time round.  LOL

Yeah I get you, wouldn't be ideal. Plus for me, work have a policy of no travel to designated countries, probably for that very reason.

On another note, I wonder when we'll hear if we're actually allowed to go to the game, I know UEFA made the announcement but they've left it up to the national associations now really
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 11:31am

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-removes-six-third-countries-from-its-white-list-adds-uruguay/

Azerbaijan taken off EU white list. 
Yup as I posted above up to each member state what they do with that.

For Ireland that's either list it as a designated country or leave it as is. Ireland hasn't made any changes from the last EU list change so remains to be seen if we make a change now.

If it goes to designated state, if your fully vaccinated on return into Ireland you'll need a PCR test pre departure, 5 days self quarantine so long as a PCR on day 5 comes back negative 

Currently though Ireland only has 7 countries on the designated list whereas the EU list technically only lists 13 countries outside of the bloc as "safe".

I'd doubt anything changes here especially with Azerbaijans cases on a downward trend now but one to watch nonetheless 
not sure how we’d field a team for the Qatar game if quarantine is required? What happens if Azerbaijan is categorised like Brazil by Uk government. Will players travel or be allowed to travel by clubs?
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-removes-six-third-countries-from-its-white-list-adds-uruguay/

Azerbaijan taken off EU white list. 
Yup as I posted above up to each member state what they do with that.

For Ireland that's either list it as a designated country or leave it as is. Ireland hasn't made any changes from the last EU list change so remains to be seen if we make a change now.

If it goes to designated state, if your fully vaccinated on return into Ireland you'll need a PCR test pre departure, 5 days self quarantine so long as a PCR on day 5 comes back negative 

Currently though Ireland only has 7 countries on the designated list whereas the EU list technically only lists 13 countries outside of the bloc as "safe".

I'd doubt anything changes here especially with Azerbaijans cases on a downward trend now but one to watch nonetheless 
not sure how we’d field a team for the Qatar game if quarantine is required? What happens if Azerbaijan is categorised like Brazil by Uk government. Will players travel or be allowed to travel by clubs?

Early days, but I doubt Azerbaijan will be added to the designated countries list, especially seeing as Georgia and Russia were recently removed 

Edited by mouldymould - 10 Sep 2021 at 2:25pm
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:41pm
How's everyone? Long time no post. Reading the comments I'm not entirely sure what is happening. 

My simple understanding is that away fans will be allowed, anyone vaccinated and negative PCR will be getting in to Azerbaijan and in to the match. 

Coming home, assume we need negative PCR, land in Dublin and away with go.

Am I missing something?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:42pm
@Mods - be nice if I wasn't still a clown probationer Thumbs Up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

No worriesThumbs Up
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

No worriesThumbs Up

Really? Christ alive 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:35pm
don’t think you need pcr test on return if you have covid passport. You will need an e visa for entry.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:47pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

No worriesThumbs Up

Really? Christ alive 
Relax there for Christs sake seeing as he is alive.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

don’t think you need pcr test on return if you have covid passport. You will need an e visa for entry.

By covid passport do you mean EU digital covid cert? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 3:17pm
Entry Requirements.
EU Digital Covid Certificate
Negative PCR test taken less than 72hrs before your flight.
E-Visa.

For those who have been vaccinated in the UK or UAE who maybe travelling any proof of vacation with a QR code will do.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 12 Sep 2021 at 3:19pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 7:28pm
All booked up for this now through Frankfurt Thursday to Monday, I did have COViD recently but hopefully that won’t be an issue with passing a test 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 7:41pm

All booked up for this now through Frankfurt Thursday to Monday, I did have COViD recently but hopefully that won’t be an issue with passing a test 

Hopefully not, I know of others who've had it and got tests for travel and nothing came back so fingers crossed.

I've not bit the bullet on flights yet, as soon as something comes about tickets I'll book it up, just don't want to take the plunge yet
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 8:30pm
Same here, not going to book flights until news of match tickets.Learnt a lesson with Portugal, hopefully we'll get some information this week.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Jack City Jack City wrote:

Same here, not going to book flights until news of match tickets.Learnt a lesson with Portugal, hopefully we'll get some information this week.

Think I'll just go ahead and book it. It's 3 weeks out now so have to make a decision. 

The away fan ban is lifted so I don't see how there wouldn't be tickets given to the FAI for the few that travel.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 11:56am

Think I'll just go ahead and book it. It's 3 weeks out now so have to make a decision. 

The away fan ban is lifted so I don't see how there wouldn't be tickets given to the FAI for the few that travel.
Keep your powder dry and wait , i know it's hard but wait .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Keep your powder dry and wait , i know it's hard but wait .

Limited flight options so probably have to pull the trigger soon enough

I know where your coming from though, If it was somewhere closer I'd have no bother waiting until the last minute LOL

Edited by wanderer - 16 Sep 2021 at 12:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>
  Share Topic