You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Azerbaijan Away - Saturday 9th October 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 5:28pm
Azerbaijan has opened up their borders to covid cert holders (plus a PCR test) so it's looking like this one might be back on the cards. Electronic visa also needed to enter the country.
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Azerbaijan has opened up their borders to covid cert holders (plus a PCR test) so it's looking like this one might be back on the cards. Electronic visa also needed to enter the country.

Are they fully reopened now ? Last I saw it was only to a certain list of countries and we weren't on that list.

Edit: looks like we've been added to the list, no mention of test but maybe I've missed that. Good news anyway, fingers crossed 

From 5 August 2021, nationals of Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czechia, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Ireland (Rep.), Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland must have:
– a COVID-19 vaccination certificate with a QR code showing that they were fully vaccinated; or
– a COVID-19 recovery certificate with a QR code.

Edited by wanderer - 08 Aug 2021 at 5:53pm
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 9:10am
Had accomodation booked for this way back when, only cancelled last friday!! As difficult as it was to plot and plan a route pre covide, the lack of regular flights at present really making the possiblitiy of this one less likely. Has anyone any route options?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Had accomodation booked for this way back when, only cancelled last friday!! As difficult as it was to plot and plan a route pre covide, the lack of regular flights at present really making the possiblitiy of this one less likely. Has anyone any route options?

Turkish and Lufthansa would be what I'd normally look at but the flight schedule as you've mentioned probably isn't great.

Free cancelation on the hotel is 2 days before we arrive so I can give it up until as late as possible and see
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 10:07am
Turkish is okay but is 500. Would love to go to this and have always hoped Ireland would draw them but too many unknowns this year.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 1:20pm
Bit the bullet and booked flights for this.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Bit the bullet and booked flights for this.

Very brave this far out LOL Don't think I've got it in me to bite the bullet just yet.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 1:52pm
Even if you're fully vaccinated, you still need to submit a negative PCR test. 

I assume as vaccinated EU citizens, we wouldn't need to have a PCR flying back into the EU from Azerbaijan?  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:03pm
DFA.ie : "A quarantine regime has been put in place by authorities and has been extended until 2 November. For up to date information on which international flight routes are operating, please see the following link: Baku International Airport (GYD). All passengers arriving to and departing from Azerbaijan must have the results of a negative coronavirus test issued in the previous 48 hours. A test on arrival may also be required and all arriving passengers have to self-isolate for 14 days."

Good luck.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:24pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

DFA.ie : "A quarantine regime has been put in place by authorities and has been extended until 2 November. For up to date information on which international flight routes are operating, please see the following link: Baku International Airport (GYD). All passengers arriving to and departing from Azerbaijan must have the results of a negative coronavirus test issued in the previous 48 hours. A test on arrival may also be required and all arriving passengers have to self-isolate for 14 days."

Good luck.

Pretty sure that's not up to date anymore
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

https://www.airport.az/en/important-information/information-for-passengers-traveling-during-covid-19-pandemic/

Looks like a covid passport is all that’s needed.

Reads that it's both, covid passport and negative test
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Good luck.

The above quote is from DFA.ie and the link is Azerbaijan government. So reading into both you need covid passport, neg PCR test and will have to quarantine when arriving back in Dublin? Or, no one has the foggiest idea yet?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Good luck.

The above quote is from DFA.ie and the link is Azerbaijan government. So reading into both you need covid passport, neg PCR test and will have to quarantine when arriving back in Dublin? Or, no one has the foggiest idea yet?

Looks like DFA haven't updated their advice based on latest Azerbaijan information.

To me it reads,
Outbound - vaccinated or recovered plus PCR test 72hrs before flight to Baku, no quarantine 

Inbound - EU digital cert is all you need, no quarantine 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 2:59pm

Good luck.

Looks like DFA haven't updated their advice based on latest Azerbaijan information.

To me it reads,
Outbound - vaccinated or recovered plus PCR test 72hrs before flight to Baku, no quarantine 

Thanks.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 3:30pm

Good luck.

To me it reads,

Thanks.
I could be wrong though on the outbound to Azerbaijan, things change that much it's hard to keep up on requirements 
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 4:33pm

Good luck.

To me it reads,

Thanks.

I could be wrong though on the outbound to Azerbaijan, things change that much it's hard to keep up on requirements 

That's the way I read it too. It will most likely change between now and then though, hopefully in a positive sense. Either way I won't be making this one though
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Good luck.

To me it reads,

Thanks.

That's the way I read it too. It will most likely change between now and then though, hopefully in a positive sense. Either way I won't be making this one though
If it stays as is I'll probably go, the PCR on the way out even though I'm fully vaccinated is a bit of a pain but it is what it is for the moment anyway
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
  Share Topic