You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Azerbaijan Away - Saturday 9th October 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Travel looking good for Portugal and Lux now. Azerbaijan may be a different story though

I’d say Azerbaijan is looking okay if you’re vaccinated as the guidelines for non EU countries allow travel unless the EU apply the “emergency handbrake” to a country and Azerbaijan hasn’t has specific issues to date.

It’s also more likely to allow away fans considering they have done that for the euros 
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 4:21pm
I think it’s the chance of war breaking out there is what he’s on about.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I think it’s the chance of war breaking out there is what he’s on about.

I highly doubt it. 

I'm sure he was referring to the potential covid situation in Azerbaijan when the fixture comes around. 

Edited by irishmufc - 30 May 2021 at 10:30pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 7:53am
Indeed their rollout is very slow. Perhaps it'll speed up. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:46am
Are Welsh fans travelling to Baku? I assume Azerbaijan allowing them in without isolation?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Are Welsh fans travelling to Baku? I assume Azerbaijan allowing them in without isolation?

Thought the advice was not to travel but it was only advice and think they need to self isolate at least on return

Can’t do those dates now but if I could I would be wary of anywhere outside of the EU and UK especially having to transit through a third country 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Thought the advice was not to travel but it was only advice and think they need to self isolate at least on return

Can’t do those dates now but if I could I would be wary of anywhere outside of the EU and UK especially having to transit through a third country 
Still so much can change at short notice , my fear would be to get caught in another country then have to quantine when you get back with the cost of 2k each stuck in an hotel at Dublin airport Sleepy
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Still so much can change at short notice , my fear would be to get caught in another country then have to quantine when you get back with the cost of 2k each stuck in an hotel at Dublin airport Sleepy
And missing out on going to that big glamour home friendly v Qatar a few days after the Azeri game. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:06pm
edit

Edited by irishmufc - 02 Jun 2021 at 8:07pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:15pm

I'll only be going to Azerbaijan if I'm vaccinated. Wouldn't chance anywhere outside the EU if I'm not. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 9:05pm
I'll be fully vaccinated by then (2nd dose in 3 weeks) but I'd still be reluctant to shell out hundreds of pounds on flights to a Non-EU country tbh. Gonna stick with the trips to Portugal and Lux for this year and hopefully things will be much more settled enough for me to be more adventurous next year in the NL. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:54am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I'll be fully vaccinated by then (2nd dose in 3 weeks) but I'd still be reluctant to shell out hundreds of pounds on flights to a Non-EU country tbh. Gonna stick with the trips to Portugal and Lux for this year and hopefully things will be much more settled enough for me to be more adventurous next year in the NL. 

Agree with this but part of me says “you’ve always wanted to go to Azerbaijan!!, this is your chance!”

I’ll wait until late August and hopefully things are better and away fans are allowed. Not sure going in the home end would be a runner.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 1:52pm

Though if the government advice for us is not to travel, the FAI won't be issuing tickets.
City Till I Die
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:01am
Obviously it's still early days, and a lot can happen over the next few weeks/months, but Azerbaijan are only issuing e-visas to attend the Euros. You can't select any other option on the website
limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 9:45pm
I had Dublin - Budapest (06:00-10:00) and Budapest-Baku (22.35 -04.30) booked for this one. I was ok with the layover as Budapest is a grand spot to pass away a few hours. Aer Lingus have now changed the flight to the afternoon and it doesn't get in until 8pm local time. Normally I wouldn't bat an eyelid about that connection time but if we had any delays in Dublin and with increased Covid checks on both sides it has me thinking it's a bit tight. Not sure should I take the Aer Lingus refund and try another route to Budapest or just stick it out. LOL

Edited by limerick lad - 09 Jun 2021 at 9:46pm
just hit the fecking thing
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

I had Dublin - Budapest (06:00-10:00) and Budapest-Baku (22.35 -04.30) booked for this one. I was ok with the layover as Budapest is a grand spot to pass away a few hours. Aer Lingus have now changed the flight to the afternoon and it doesn't get in until 8pm local time. Normally I wouldn't bat an eyelid about that connection time but if we had any delays in Dublin and with increased Covid checks on both sides it has me thinking it's a bit tight. Not sure should I take the Aer Lingus refund and try another route to Budapest or just stick it out. LOL

I think you should be good. 2.5 hours is enough of a cushion. 

I wouldn't chance anything less than 2 hours when it comes to connecting flights but I would stick with that booking if I was you. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:28pm

The opposite of what Irishmufc says Smile

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:39pm

Considering the amount of time you have and I’d get a different way to Budapest, will need two flights but means less stress. 

Leave the stress to wondering about whether Azerbaijan will let tourists in!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
  Share Topic