You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Azerbaijan Away - Saturday 9th October 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Azerbaijan Away - Saturday 9th October 2021
    Posted: 14 May 2021 at 8:12pm
Surprised there's no thread set up for this yet unless I'm blind. 

Booked the Park Inn Radisson with the usual free cancellation but noticed that Lufthansa had a direct flight from Frankfurt on the Friday before and that's gone now. I can't see any direct flights at the moment from Europe on the 8th.Turkish Airlines via Istanbul seems to be the only option at the minute. 

Probably not worth booking flights for another couple of months encase some direct ones open up on the Friday from London/Budapest etc. 

Edited by irishmufc - 14 May 2021 at 8:12pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:46pm
Turkish through Istanbul certainly the best option for this, really hope this goes ahead with fans more so than the other games but wouldn’t be too confident 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 10:47pm
I've taken a gamble on cheap flights for Portugal and Luxembourg (max £40 each) but I'm fooked if I'm gonna gamble hundreds of pounds on flights to and from Azerbaijan atm. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Booked the Park Inn Radisson with the usual free cancellation but noticed that Lufthansa had a direct flight from Frankfurt on the Friday before and that's gone now. I can't see any direct flights at the moment from Europe on the 8th.Turkish Airlines via Istanbul seems to be the only option at the minute. 

Probably not worth booking flights for another couple of months encase some direct ones open up on the Friday from London/Budapest etc. 
The reason there's no thread on it is that the chance of travel to non EU countries before December are slim imho.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 14 May 2021 at 11:15pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 7:45am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

The reason there's no thread on it is that the chance of travel to non EU countries before December are slim imho.

Tend to agree - have taken a punt on Portugal and Luxembourg but wouldn’t be confident at all with non Eu countries especially former soviet bloc 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 2:14pm
I know Welsh fans going there next month.  Surely October is still possible.  I appreciate nothing is certain in the current environment.  
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I know Welsh fans going there next month.  Surely October is still possible.  I appreciate nothing is certain in the current environment.  
Eire32?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

ffs I'm planning on heading to the States in September LOL

We'll see how EURO 2020 goes. October's a long way off so hopefully we'll have a better idea by August if we can travel there. 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:25am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I forgot they were a host for the euros so they’ve guaranteed fans for that, could be a runner 
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 3:53pm
Going out with Lufthansa via Frankfurt on Friday, back Monday - Booked last year.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Going out with Lufthansa via Frankfurt on Friday, back Monday - Booked last year.

Is that direct from Frankfurt or via Tbilisi? 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 9:36pm
As of tomorrow we can rule out going via Minsk. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 7:25am

I’d say it was direct when booked but all flights seem to be stopping in Tbilisi now with Lufthansa, don’t think you get of the plane but still not ideal at that hour!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 11:48am
Didn't flights to Tbilisi stop off in Azerbaijan first for some reason as i recall some lads were talking about it in the airport the 3rd last time we were there .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

I’d say it was direct when booked but all flights seem to be stopping in Tbilisi now with Lufthansa, don’t think you get of the plane but still not ideal at that hour!
It stops off in Tbilisi, but we don't disemabark.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 7:01pm
Always thought this was the most likely of games to be able to travel to, hopefully they can manage the euro games well and with the announcement on travel today that we'll be in a great position to go to this game 
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:49pm
Travel looking good for Portugal and Lux now. Azerbaijan may be a different story though
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 1:49am
Like most campaigns the more random the destination often the better trip and I’m sure if we only had to quarantine for 5 days after coming home it would probably be worth it. That might just be me talking crap after a few beers but Georgia last two campaigns was top class and hoping for similar here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic