You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Housing Market

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

nobody else on the thread had an issue with him mentioning his job so what’s your point? .  Why does it bother you that he mentioned his job in the context of a debate about housing and how unaffordable it is for those with a decent job .  
It was a debate about housing alright yet he could have just said we have two jobs no need whatsoever to say the exact type of jobs! Think it’s just the way Irish fans have gone in general and it’s very noticeable on this forum and on away trips especially that the fans have become very middle class and not so many working class fans anymore.

As someone who works in a bank I can tell you it was very relevant to his question. As a public servant he is in a more advantageous position for getting a mortgage (including exceptions on >3.5x salary) than those in the private sector. He could have said he worked in the Dept. of Education but most would have guessed teacher anyway even if they hadn't read his comments on Covid in schools in other threads. In relation to his partners job, again relevant as "professionals" are again in a better position when it comes to mortgage applications.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:21am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

nobody else on the thread had an issue with him mentioning his job so what’s your point? .  Why does it bother you that he mentioned his job in the context of a debate about housing and how unaffordable it is for those with a decent job .  
It was a debate about housing alright yet he could have just said we have two jobs no need whatsoever to say the exact type of jobs! Think it’s just the way Irish fans have gone in general and it’s very noticeable on this forum and on away trips especially that the fans have become very middle class and not so many working class fans anymore.

As someone who works in a bank I can tell you it was very relevant to his question. As a public servant he is in a more advantageous position for getting a mortgage (including exceptions on >3.5x salary) than those in the private sector. He could have said he worked in the Dept. of Education but most would have guessed teacher anyway even if they hadn't read his comments on Covid in schools in other threads. In relation to his partners job, again relevant as "professionals" are again in a better position when it comes to mortgage applications.

Not sure why you needed to tell everyone that you work in a bank to be honest. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:22am
Who'd have thought this serious thread could become so amusing. 

Ireland's problems are been replicated across the western world in different forms. And as we have such sh*t rental options once the prices go sky high it makes the housing issue 10 times worse. 

The tax on rents are very high, why not try and bring those prices down by giving a tax cut if landlords reduce the rental prices? 25% of ministers are landlords themselves which doesn't help, and there are probably others who have shared properties in their family/partners names. Michael Healy Rae has the most properties, just the modest 16 for the man of the people.  

It would damage this forums' reputation
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:28am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

LOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:54am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

LOL

Poor form Sausie. You're worse than a fireman. 
@AntrimMan85
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:50am
Fully expect Sausy to be smoking 50 euro notes in Lisbon looking down on the working class peasants amongst our support.

Disgusting
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Fully expect Sausy to be smoking 50 euro notes in Lisbon looking down on the working class peasants amongst our support.

Disgusting

LOL

He'd literally love to that too LOL
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:10pm

ah FFS Embarrassed
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Disgusting

LOL

He'd literally love to that too LOL

Me and Trapped do enjoy our annual cigar so could be persuaded to move onto cash.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:25pm
Are any of our fans still working class heroes like Trig? Broken Heart

Edited by 9fingers - 18 May 2021 at 12:26pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I used to be but I do the odd nixer so I think that has pushed me firmly into the Middle Class category. Nothing more middle class than standing on the M50 last night in the rain while their crews close lanes.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

I used to be but I do the odd nixer so I think that has pushed me firmly into the Middle Class category. Nothing more middle class than standing on the M50 last night in the rain while their crews close lanes.
I’m not a mechanic anymore and only do a 32hr week so I’m undoubtedly middle class now myself, not even gonna mention Bohs & liking for the odd craft beer 

Edited by 9fingers - 18 May 2021 at 1:02pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 1:09pm

I’m not a mechanic anymore and only do a 32hr week so I’m undoubtedly middle class now myself, not even gonna mention Bohs & liking for the odd craft beer 
You could be pushing into upper class going on like that and if you had 10 fingers.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 1:32pm

You could be pushing into upper class going on like that and if you had 10 fingers.

I wonder where he sticks his two thumbs Heart
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Usually in my eyes when reading your posts 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 2:11pm
LOL
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 9:30pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Usually in my eyes when reading your posts 

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2022 at 9:41pm
Twitter account exposing the shambles around the housing crisis. Some funny tweets.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic