You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anselmo Garcia McNulty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

It's hard to get excited for dual nationals at this stage of their career. Until he's tied down, we're in the strange position of wanting them to do well but not to the extent where they draw attention from their other nation. 

Given the noise from MacNulty about Spain, I would not be surprised in him switching at some point. I think we'll get this U21 campaing out of him but I do not forsee him being capped at senior level until he's in his mid 20s if he does stick with us.  

What noise?
https://www.balls.ie/football/anselmo-garcia-macnulty-ireland-future-548278

Speaking to Goal, Garcia McNulty admitted that while he has thoroughly enjoyed his time with Ireland and would love to be capped at senior level, he has said that 'you never know' when asked about the chances of playing for Spain. He also said that he is very in touch with his Irish roots, even playing hurling with his cousins during visits to his mother's home of Clar

That's a Balls.ie article from March. I'm aking where the noise is coming from Spain, i.e Is there any inclination from Spain having any interest in him?

Not having a go, just when you said given the noise from Spain, I presumed there was something from a Spanish point of source.
I didn't say there was noise from Spain. I said there was noise from MacNulty about Spain. He's said in a few interviews he's open to Spain. 

If he's good enough and interested, Spain will come knocking sooner rather than later. They've been quite active in poaching dual national CBs recently. 

Only a matter of time before people will be demanding he starts against France!
Sponsored Links

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2023 at 5:03pm

I didn't say there was noise from Spain. I said there was noise from MacNulty about Spain. He's said in a few interviews he's open to Spain. 

If he's good enough and interested, Spain will come knocking sooner rather than later. They've been quite active in poaching dual national CBs recently.
Sorry, so you did.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2023 at 11:40am
He was at a PEC Zwolle game last week. PEC Zwolle finished second in the Eerste Divisie last season.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:13am
Has officially signed for Zwolle on a one year deal. 

Wouldn't suggest that we need to be overly concerned about losing him to Spain at this point...

Edited by You Tell Me - 26 Jul 2023 at 10:14am
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:17am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Wouldn't suggest that we need to be overly concerned about losing him to Spain at this point...
That could change very quickly if he's excelling in the Eredivisie
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:19am

Is this “one year deal” a loan or has he actually left Wolfsburg now? Good move for him every chance he will play regularly for them. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:22am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Zwolle don't play in the Eredivisie though.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:24am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Is this “one year deal” a loan or has he actually left Wolfsburg now? Good move for him every chance he will play regularly for them. 

Seemingly gone from Wolfsburg as they deal with Zwolle has an option for a second year. 
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

They do. They just got promoted.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

They do. They just got promoted.

Apologies, had missed they got promoted 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 11:00am
Yes it's a permanent move. Just a 1+1 deal though, Zwolle not exactly pushing the boat out there.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 11:06am

Yes it's a permanent move. Just a 1+1 deal though, Zwolle not exactly pushing the boat out there.
Hedging their bets a little bit alright. On the flip side, if McNulty has an impressive season he'd be able to move on for a reasonable fee with only 1 year left on the deal.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 11:16am
Hope it works for him we could do with a decent left footed CB if he continues to develop. He likes a move .... Spain to Germany and now to the Dutch league again so far in his career!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 11:58am

I suspect it’s Garcia Mcnultys team are hedging their bets as much as Zwolle if anything? If they go down or they don’t play him it will give him the leverage to kick on again to another team. 

I would be hopeful enough he would play regularly for them. They play with 3 CBs too. 
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 12:07pm

I suspect it’s Garcia Mcnultys team are hedging their bets as much as Zwolle if anything? If they go down or they don’t play him it will give him the leverage to kick on again to another team. 

I would be hopeful enough he would play regularly for them. They play with 3 CBs too. 

NAC Breda finished 6th last season. He played twice vs Zwolle.

He must have impressed them.

Their LCB from last season, van Hintum, is 36. He turns 37 in January. So maybe they see him as better fit for that role up a division. Although van Hintum did assist 9 league goals last season.

Their captain and central CB, van Polen, turns 38 in October.

He should be able to push for one of those two positions.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2023 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

NAC Breda finished 6th last season. He played twice vs Zwolle.

He must have impressed them.

Their LCB from last season, van Hintum, is 36. He turns 37 in January. So maybe they see him as better fit for that role up a division. Although van Hintum did assist 9 league goals last season.

Their captain and central CB, van Polen, turns 38 in October.

He should be able to push for one of those two positions.

Even if he doesn’t start the first game the chances of those two lads playing the full season at their ages is remote. Either way he will get plenty gametime and hopefully Zwolle can stay up for the 2nd season. 

The short term contract is definitely AGMs team hedging their bets in relation to the possibility of them going down looking at the context added above. 

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Jul 2023 at 12:53pm
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 11:41pm
Unused sub in opening two league games 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 1:44pm
Made his debut off the bench for the final 10 minutes of a 1-0 win over Utrecht
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic