FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anselmo Garcia McNulty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anselmo Garcia McNulty
    Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 12:47pm
Spanish report saying that while Betis have been keeping an eye on him there's a possibility if he signs he can go out on loan to another Spanish team. But does say he'll be given the chance to impress first as both senior LBs could leave this summer.

Edited by J89 - 13 Apr 2024 at 1:11pm
Sponsored Links

SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 9:15am
Not to be predictable but hope he avoids the Championship love it as a league but however competitive it is I think we would be better off with players in a variety of leagues. Based on O'Brien and Ebosele's experience though it's probably easier to get capped that way though. Confused

Brugge an interesting one not as good as the league he is in now bit would get european experience and it's a popular 'selling' clubs of young players to bigger clubs.

Of course Betis would be ideal with the strength of the league and it's club he developed at. But it's a big step upwards and hard to know if he would get enough gametime.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 3:14am
Apparently Real Betis, Club Brugge and two Championship clubs in for him...

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 10:16pm
Scored his first ever senior goal in a 2-1 win against Excelsior tonight. (Parrott was still out injured)

Edited by Bandwagon - 06 Apr 2024 at 10:17pm
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

He is n9t getting anywhere near the Spanish team lads. He is a good young player not anywhere near the elite team level.

Its an area they're far from blessed in, they're still playing a 38 year old Jesus Navas at RB and they had to get La Normand and Laporte to declare for them.
We are talking about a player playing at a low level and likely will never be even average at that ltype of level. We have 0 players that could play for Spain I don't get why people think this particular player is the one who could. Beyond his natiinal ties. I hope he does but can't see it personally

Because hes a promising 20 year old doing well in his second season of senior football, its not that much of a stretch given the examples above. 

IF they had as much talent coming through in defense as they do midfield, sure, admittedly it'd be very unlikely. But when they're relying on a 27 year old from a mid table La Liga side declaring for them to be their first choice LB, then you can see why it could be likely if MacNultys career was to continue his upward trajectory. 

A move back to Betis or a club of that level in La Liga and he'd 100% be in the frame when theres lads from Osasuna, Socidad etc.. making the Spanish squad.

Gone are the days of the Spanish squad being almost entirely made up of players from prime Real and Barca teams.
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 3:03pm

He is n9t getting anywhere near the Spanish team lads. He is a good young player not anywhere near the elite team level.

Its an area they're far from blessed in, they're still playing a 38 year old Jesus Navas at RB and they had to get La Normand and Laporte to declare for them.
We are talking about a player playing at a low level and likely will never be even average at that ltype of level. We have 0 players that could play for Spain I don't get why people think this particular player is the one who could. Beyond his natiinal ties. I hope he does but can't see it personally

Bazunu, Collins and Ferguson would all have the potential to play for Spain one day if they were eligible.

GK, CB and ST are areas that they are weak in.

Our midfielders wouldn't get a game for their U21s though.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 2:10pm

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 1:52pm

Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 12:00pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Seanachie Seanachie wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Unless he had his Austrian citizenship sorted back in 2019 before he played in the U17 Euros he becomes ineligible for Austria next month when he plays another game for us.

I don't think it ever crossed his mind to play for Austria. Just an illustration of how multiple national eligibility can be in this day and age.

I doubt he has either. From reading up on his background it's either Ireland or Spain for him.

Seanachie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 1:59am

Originally posted by Seanachie Seanachie wrote:

Garcia MacNulty turned 21 last weekend. Does this mean that even one more under-21 cap ties him to us?

No he had his Spanish citizenship before playing with us.

Thanks for clarifying. Wasn't sure. In any case, I'm fairly certain his senior career will be with us, which Spain might well end up regretting a few years down the line.
Seanachie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 1:57am

Unless he had his Austrian citizenship sorted back in 2019 before he played in the U17 Euros he becomes ineligible for Austria next month when he plays another game for us.

I don't think it ever crossed his mind to play for Austria. Just an illustration of how multiple national eligibility can be in this day and age.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 1:51am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Actually saw a tweet the other day that highlighted the wealth of options that Spain have at centre-back.

Now I personally have no idea who most of these blokes are, but they're supposedly a talented crop:

Dean Huijsen will represent Spain according to Marca! 

Dean Huijsen 

Yarek Gasiorowski 

Cristhian Mosquera 

Jon Martín 

Pau Cubarsí 

Jacobo Ramón 

Javier Boñar 

Juanma Herzog 

Edgar Pujol 

Joan Martínez 

Sergi Domínguez 

Borja Cortina 

Antonio Espigares 

Some of the best teenage CB options for Spain. Crazy amount of talent!

https://x.com/FTalentScout/status/1759919307448893855?s=20

If those guys are as good as to be believed, then I doubt they'll be interested in a chap playing left-back for an average Dutch team.

Cubarsí is already starting games for Barcelona at 17. He made his debut at 16. Very good on the ball.

The reality is that most of those names won't fulfill their potential.

No guarantee AGM will either which is why I wouldn't be capping him for the sake of it. if the next coach decides he should be in on merit then fair enough.

We're not in a position to wait and see. In a modern world with players having 2-4 nationalities to choose from, you have to take a chance on some.

I'd see zero issue with him being called up. LB is a position we're weak in.

No issue myself if hes there on merit (probably not far off it as mentioned) but just think its wrong if he or an other player gets picked ahead of an Irish born player who is having a better season for the sake of getting them tied down.

Well, he's certainly ahead of both Furlong and Adaramola who were born here.

Bagan is another option for LB/LWB. I'd also have MacNulty ahead of him at present.

I'd put him a length ahead heading into the home straight

Edited by Trap junior - 24 Feb 2024 at 1:50am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Tapo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 1:13am
Shhhhhhhhhh.
Seanachie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seanachie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 12:44am

[QUOTE=Godzilla][QUOTE=Maccatacca]

No guarantee AGM will either which is why I wouldn't be capping him for the sake of it. if the next coach decides he should be in on merit then fair enough.

We're not in a position to wait and see. In a modern world with players having 2-4 nationalities to choose from, you have to take a chance on some.

I'd see zero issue with him being called up. LB is a position we're weak in.

Fun fact: Garcia MacNulty is also eligible for Austria via his grandmother on his mother's side though I doubt the Austrian FA are aware of this or if he even considered it.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Well, he's certainly ahead of both Furlong and Adaramola who were born here.

Bagan is another option for LB/LWB. I'd also have MacNulty ahead of him at present.

Yeah, MacNulty would be in on merit.

Brady, Stevens & McClean are finished, the only other options as, you say, are behind MacNulty in the pecking order:

Furlong - hardly played this season
Adaramola - now on loan in the Belgian 1st tier. Only there a few weeks, but he might be an option by June if he's doing well.
Bagan - On loan in the Belgian 2nd tier, seems to be in and out of the team.
Roughan - League 1. I haven't been impressed by him for the U21s.
Robocop - Got his PL debut for Newcastle a couple of months back so 1 to keep an eye on. Will probably go on loan next season.
Adedokun - Brentford U21s. Outside a few games for Dundalk he hasn't played senior football yet. Just got a new contract though, so he could kick on later this year.
Greenwood - At Bournemouth, currently on loan in the English 5th tier with Eastleigh. His 2nd stint in the National League.
Weir - Drogheda

Andy Lyons at Blackpool too. Had an immediate impact in the Championship last season and got off to a good start this season before the unfortunate passing of his father. Has been out for a period on compassionate leave. Would be backing him to kick on and pick up where he left off when the time comes. Still only 23.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 10:28pm
I think he's our best LB option right now. Scales could play the position too. But until Adaramola or the other young lads step up we don't have any adequate natural LBs. Only issue he would probably be more of a defensive left back and our options on the right are more wingback types in a 5. [Doc and Festy.. is Coleman fit?) So bit of a mismatch.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic