You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who is 'H'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Who is the mysterious 'H'?.
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [17.65%]
2 [11.76%]
1 [5.88%]
2 [11.76%]
3 [17.65%]
2 [11.76%]
2 [11.76%]
2 [11.76%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

I was very confused by that. So was Ian Buckells 'H'? He seemed to just be the go between? 

Edit: it has dawned on me H was a red herring. There was no Dr. Evil overseeing everything just individual officers involved with a fragmented and divided OCG after Tommy Hunters death. Buckells was the last man standing. 

Yeah there is no actually H....just corrupt officers who took over from ones that got killed by OCGs because they knew to much or were just no use anymore.

All in all....brutal ending.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 11:42pm
Do you think that is it? I think there will be another season for sure. I think there could still be a H. Ian buckells saying there is no H and it's just the OCG's controlling things, maybe that's what H wants Buckells to believe.

Still think there is something there with Hastings, Carmichael and the chief constable that warrants another season 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:36am
a huge disappointment. 

Although I did like the Aston Villa reference at the end. 

Edited by Baldrick - 03 May 2021 at 8:41am
AKA pedantic kunt
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 8:37am
Wasn’t a great ending. I’m not sure they can do another one with Hastings retired.

I thought yer man Chris would turn out to be dots brother / half brother.

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 9:15am
What a load of sh*te that turned out to be 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Wasn’t a great ending. I’m not sure they can do another one with Hastings retired.

I thought yer man Chris would turn out to be dots brother / half brother.

Ah I think its fully lined up for another one. Hastings is appealing his retirement or he could always work with them unofficially. 

The chief constable still being in charge.
The obviously faked death of James Nesbit character.  Surely they lining up for the big finale.
At the end saying that the force has applied for public interest immunity in its case against buckells and that the AC12 powers have never been as low, all set for them to come back fighting and to finish in a big dramatic way 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 11:52am
Has there ever been a finale that people enjoyed? Sopranos was hated at the time, GOT too
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Has there ever been a finale that people enjoyed? Sopranos was hated at the time, GOT too

Sopranos ending is genius plus it’s a totally different show to LOD as it’s character driven rather than heavily plot driven like LOD is.  

Edited by Baldrick - 03 May 2021 at 12:30pm
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I dont think it's the last but yes they can be very hit and miss and another reason why Line of Duty should not end like that as it would impact it's legacy. 

Soprano was actually poetic and one of best endings. 

GOT was sh*te ending and left a bit of a sour taste on the series as a whole, e.g. if I had known how it was going to end end I wouldn't have enjoyed the series or characters as much in the earlier seasons.  Its an example of you need to get the ending right or seriously impact its legacy.

Breaking Bad and the Wire examples of shows who's ending matched its brilliance along the way and they are still held at top table

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 1:29pm
Boardwalk Empire is the only finale I can remember which was completely brilliant. Sopranos is nowhere near as bad an ending as people make it out to be.

The problem with the long build-ups, especially over a number of seasons, which GOT and LOD have had, is that the endings will always be a disappointment because people have nearly formed their own versions of it in their heads.

I'd be expecting another season of LOD though.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 2:32pm
The ending to Sledge hammer was epic... Then they ruined it by adding another season. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 2:47pm
Most underwhelming episode of the show that I've seen. Jesus it was awful.
I kept looking at my watch thinking the twist has to come soon as there's only so long left. Nah never came feckin special officer Buckles. Rubbish
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Most underwhelming episode of the show that I've seen. Jesus it was awful.
I kept looking at my watch thinking the twist has to come soon as there's only so long left. Nah never came feckin special officer Buckles. Rubbish
Was it just a big twist that was missing ya reckon? The suspense for who was gonna walk into the interview room was very well done.

Buckles was a bit underwhelming alright, were we hoping for someone else to walk in or something? Or him to throw it back at one of the AC12 characters?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:05pm
It was obvious it was Buckells to me before he was shown

Male, in the police and now in prison 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:33pm
watched it last night but was fairly well on. Not sure im arsed re-watching considering how underwhelming it was.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:58pm
There's surely another series coming. The Chief Constable, Osborne, is rotten to the core and misusing his powers. The force is full of sycophants and blundering incompetents promoted beyond their abilities and corruption is rife ( obvious political parallel with Bojo and his Cabinet). Carmichael remains in post and is privy to Ted's peccadillos. Lots of suspicion re Thurlwell's death. I thought the ending last night was excellent and thought the same of the Sopranos.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 6:38pm
If it was a show ending as opposed to a season ending it would’ve been disappointing but it’s obvious it’s set up for 1 more season. 
I’ve enjoyed the season, probably not been as good as some of the previous but good all the same 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 6:56pm
Ybig was ahead of this trend with the who is 'E' thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic