Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Festy Ebosele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 32>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 10:30pm
nada
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:03pm
they could be saving Festy for the Serie A opener. Abankawah Id say is heading for a spell with the kids for now.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:13pm
Brandon Soppy started the Chelsea friendly, only three lads tonight didn't start that friendly, and started again tonight. Festy probably start the season as back up being able to cover RWB and LWB from the bench.

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:19pm
The LWB Udogie he came on for and vice versa during the pre season games looks like hes off to Spurs for £21m. So one less to compete with there.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

The LWB Udogie he came on for and vice versa during the pre season games looks like hes off to Spurs for £21m. So one less to compete with there.

Likely he'll stay at Udinese on loan for the season. Handy for Udinese as they only bought him this summer after spending last season their on loan and paying 3.6m only.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 8:31am
They also signed another wing back last week (with a weirdly similar name - Ebosse). So that seems to have pushed Ebosele a bit further back as well. Hopefully he can prove himself when he does get a chance. 

Or they could just loan him to Watford and be done with it.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 7:23pm
Makes his debut as an 83rd minute sub at the San Siro.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Makes his debut as an 83rd minute sub at the San Siro.

Those are the words any young footballer could only dream of having written about him.  Brilliant stuff.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 9:37am
Looks like Udinese are selling more full backs, apparently RB Brandon Soppy going to Atalanta. They might buy another but for the moment sounds like an opportunity for Festy.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Looks like Udinese are selling more full backs, apparently RB Brandon Soppy going to Atalanta. They might buy another but for the moment sounds like an opportunity for Festy.
Udinese linked with Hector Bellerin
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 6:57pm
It's early days but might want to buy a cushion to keep himself comfy on the bench. After selling both their first and second choice RWBs they've played two different players out of position ahead of him last week and this week.

Started a CB last week who got sent off and this week have moved their captain out of midfield to play there. Last week played a team lucky to avoid relegation last season and currently playing the team that finished fourth in Serie B last season.

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

It's early days but might want to buy a cushion to keep himself comfy on the bench. After selling both their first and second choice RWBs they've played two different players out of position ahead of him last week and this week.

Started a CB last week who got sent off and this week have moved their captain out of midfield to play there. Last week played a team lucky to avoid relegation last season and currently playing the team that finished fourth in Serie B last season.

Hes only ever played LWB for them for some reason and Ebosse just came on for Udogie there with 10 mins to go. Hes 4th choice. Abankwah is even further down the pecking order at CB, probably 5th/6th.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 1:24am
Totally missed this: 

If accurately reported, he says it would be difficult to say no to Nigeria if asked. 

“A call to play for Nigeria? I think no will be difficult to say. I won’t say no but for now I just joined a new team so I need to settle down and seal a spot in the team. That’s for me more important now”, he told OwnGoalNigeria.com.

See: https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/08/02/i-wont-say-no-if-i-get-a-call-from-super-eagles-coach-highly-rated-udinese-right-back-declares/ 

And not a green-shamrock emoji in sight on his Insta account...  Shocked

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 02 Sep 2022 at 4:00am
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 2:35am
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

Totally missed this: 

If accurately reported, he says it would be difficult to say no to Nigeria if asked Shocked

“A call to play for Nigeria? I think no will be difficult to say. I won’t say no but for now I just joined a new team so I need to settle down and seal a spot in the team. That’s for me more important now”, he told OwnGoalNigeria.com.

See: https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/08/02/i-wont-say-no-if-i-get-a-call-from-super-eagles-coach-highly-rated-udinese-right-back-declares/ 

Your first three words are important. Can't see it being true. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 4:03am
Yes, and the grammar and wording of the quote does not appear that of a first-language English speaker brought up in Ireland when you look at it.

Click-bait I suppose.  

In other news, I'm still waiting on that Nigerian prince to pay me out his one million euro inheritance after I forwarded him a couple of grand to help with the admin side of it.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 7:18am
Those Nigerian click-bait sites are absolutely mental, I wouldn't read much into them if they're the only source.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 9:59am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Those Nigerian click-bait sites are absolutely mental, I wouldn't read much into them if they're the only source.

They're worse than us for trying to claim dual national players as one of their own and that's saying something.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 10:19am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

They're worse than us for trying to claim dual national players as one of their own and that's saying something.

They have every right to do so. However, it would be disappointing if Festy who came up through the Wexford and briefly the Dublin Schoolboys League abdicated. Does anybody have any insight into what went on with the U21 omission and subsequent Senior call up? On the face of it, he should be playing out wide for the U21s in the upcoming play off.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 32>
  Share Topic