You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Festy Ebosele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Festy Ebosele
    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 9:51pm
Made his senior league debut for Derby today in the Championship I believe.  

18 year old from Wexford, has played well at the European Championships for our youth teams.  

Primarily a pacy winger, but can play right back as well.  Should have a good future in the game, and at a club where Wayne Rooney is not afraid to trust young players, as we've seen with Jason Knight. 
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 10:04pm
He played v well in those U17 games and he was called up to train with the 21s there in Wales, if I recall.
Should be on the periphery of the 21's squad in the upcoming campaign, which would be excellent progress as he's well below the age limit for it.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

He played v well in those U17 games and he was called up to train with the 21s there in Wales, if I recall.
Should be on the periphery of the 21's squad in the upcoming campaign, which would be excellent progress as he's well below the age limit for it.

Knight got a break I think he needs it tbh. 3 teenagers on the pitch today in that game at the end not including Knight. When’s the last time that happened for Ireland at PL or Championship level?
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 2:09am
Great question, might be the first time in a long while. Best I have is the following

Alan Maybury(19) and Stephen McPhail(18) Saturday, 7th February 1998 Premier League Leicester City 1-0 Leeds United
Shane Supple(19) and Billy Clarke(18) Saturday, 21st October 2006 Championship Southend United 1-3 Ipswich
Mark O'Brien(19) and Jeff Hendrick(19) Saturday, 26th October 2011 Championship West Ham United 3-1 Derby County
Sean Murray(18) and Connor Smith(19) Saturday, 29th September 2012 Championship Huddersfield 2-3 Watford

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 11 Apr 2021 at 2:11am
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 7:49am
Played for Moyne here in Wexford top top young fella everyone has only good words to say despite being from enniscorthy 
Went over as a winger now playing full back
Could be wrong but derby had a brilliant under 18 team year or two ago I think challenged for the league that are coming through now
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 8:29am
Had an excellent season for the Derby Under 23s last season and was one of the favourites from their youth team to break into their senior team this year. Has had a really difficult season with injuries though this year (similar to almost every young Irish player it feels) so it has taken until now for him to feature in the league. 

Similar to Omobamidele at Norwich it would be good if Derby could confirm their league status sooner rather than later as that might mean he gets a run of games before the end of the season with an eye on the future.

He has the makings of an excellent right wing back if things fall his way.
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 9:36am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Had an excellent season for the Derby Under 23s last season and was one of the favourites from their youth team to break into their senior team this year. Has had a really difficult season with injuries though this year (similar to almost every young Irish player it feels) so it has taken until now for him to feature in the league. 

Similar to Omobamidele at Norwich it would be good if Derby could confirm their league status sooner rather than later as that might mean he gets a run of games before the end of the season with an eye on the future.

He has the makings of an excellent right wing back if things fall his way.
Not too sure he has the end product of a winger perfect as a right midfielder in a 4-4-2 or would be a good wing back
He was awful against chorley in the fa cup but tough circumstances 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Great question, might be the first time in a long while. Best I have is the following

Alan Maybury(19) and Stephen McPhail(18) Saturday, 7th February 1998 Premier League Leicester City 1-0 Leeds United
Shane Supple(19) and Billy Clarke(18) Saturday, 21st October 2006 Championship Southend United 1-3 Ipswich
Mark O'Brien(19) and Jeff Hendrick(19) Saturday, 26th October 2011 Championship West Ham United 3-1 Derby County
Sean Murray(18) and Connor Smith(19) Saturday, 29th September 2012 Championship Huddersfield 2-3 Watford

Even extending this to League One, League Two, FA Cup, and League Cup games, the best I can add are these

Thomas Butler(19) and Brendan McGill(19) Tuesday, 26th September 2000 League Cup Luton 1-2 Sunderland
Patrick Cregg(19) and Anthony Stokes(17) Tuesday, 25th October 2005 League Cup Sunderland 0-3 Arsenal
Festy Ebosele(18) and Olamide Ibrahim(17) Saturday, 9th January 2021 FA Cup Chorley 2-0 Derby County

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 11 Apr 2021 at 1:41pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 2:04pm

Even extending this to League One, League Two, FA Cup, and League Cup games, the best I can add are these

Thomas Butler(19) and Brendan McGill(19) Tuesday, 26th September 2000 League Cup Luton 1-2 Sunderland
Patrick Cregg(19) and Anthony Stokes(17) Tuesday, 25th October 2005 League Cup Sunderland 0-3 Arsenal
Festy Ebosele(18) and Olamide Ibrahim(17) Saturday, 9th January 2021 FA Cup Chorley 2-0 Derby County

Nice so essentially the first time you can find 3 Irish teenagers on the pitch together at the same time? 

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 2:07pm
I don't know about ever, I have appearance data for all premier league games, and some league cup and fa cup games up until 2006, and then pretty much all games after that.
So I'd be pretty confident it's the only time it's happened in the last 15 years.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 7:10pm
You'd think Ebosele could be seeing the chance for a fair amount of game time in the Championship this season, given the threadbare nature of Rooney's squad.  

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

You'd think Ebosele could be seeing the chance for a fair amount of game time in the Championship this season, given the threadbare nature of Rooney's squad.  

It might not be Rooneys squad for too much longer
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 7:22pm

He definitely will, Watson too ..and probably Cashin as well as they've only 1 fit central defender at present.

Even Ibrahim and Kelly-Caprani will probably be in the frame for cups games and minutes here and there throughout the season.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

He definitely will, Watson too ..and probably Cashin as well as they've only 1 fit central defender at present.

Even Ibrahim and Kelly-Caprani will probably be in the frame for cups games and minutes here and there throughout the season.

Kelly Caprani sounds like the name of a famous African American Pop singer not a young Irish footballer. 

Big young Irish contingent at Derby so hopefully they plenty of them will get a look in this season. Ebosele along with Knight and Watson of course the obvious standout to get gametime. 

Edited by kevin100 - 25 Jul 2021 at 8:07pm
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 8:42pm
game time is great but Derby look doomed without even kicking a ball so our lads are gonna get a pretty rude awakening to senior football…
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 9:12am
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

game time is great but Derby look doomed without even kicking a ball so our lads are gonna get a pretty rude awakening to senior football…

I wouldn't worry too much about that from our point of view. Luca Connell's half season in the first team taking beatings every week in the Championship were a lot more use to him than his two years since with Celtic. First team game time is the main thing for these lads if they can get it.
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 5:36pm
Just seen that Festy got on in the 68th minute for Derby today against Huddersfield.
Derby County may be a club with a lot of problems, but they have so few players that if you are half decent you'll get plenty of game time.

Anyone see the game, and how he played?
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Just seen that Festy got on in the 68th minute for Derby today against Huddersfield.
Derby County may be a club with a lot of problems, but they have so few players that if you are half decent you'll get plenty of game time.

Anyone see the game, and how he played?

Seen the last 15mins or so, practically no involvement from what I seen. Hopefully gets more game time as you say.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
  Share Topic