You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamie McGrath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 12:07pm
No idea if injury related, but hooked yday on 58 mins with dundee utd 1 0 up!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

No idea if injury related, but hooked yday on 58 mins with dundee utd 1 0 up!

I seen the goals in this game and the peno given against Dundee was shocking. And they have VAR in Scotland now aswell.
I love beer gardens
Aaron1930 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron1930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2023 at 11:12am
Dundee Utd 2-1 Hibs. McGrath was excellent, and by all accounts has been coming back into form recently.  

Worked well out of possession, supported Steven Fletcher really well, and scored the winner from the spot late on. Their first league win since Jan 2nd. Only Fletcher beat him to MOTM. Definitely next best. 

I was a bit surprised at criticism of him being named in the squad for Latvia/France given some of his performances in the past couple of years. The Wigan move hasn't worked out and he's been out injured, but if he keeps plugging away he's well worth a spot. Would be surprised if he isn't in the English Championship or higher up the SPL next season whether or not Dundee Utd stay up.
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 2:49pm
Is it correct that basically he's very good technically, but probably doesn't have the athleticism for Championship level?
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 2:58pm
I wouldn't say so, athleticism has never been a problem in his Ireland performances anyway, in fact he's covered the ground very well. Some players just get unlucky with moves and I think this is a perfect case - Wigan have signed a number of players recently who just haven't been given any sort of a chance (Scully being another). The rumour is that the signings weren't made by the then manager (Richardson) but instead by the board, and he retaliated by freezing them out.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:36am
Peno yesterday for Jamie in another defeat for Dundee Utd.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:48am
At least as a loan player he won't be going down with Dundee United. He might have another go at Wigan now they're in League 1, or it could be another middle of the road Scottish team he ends up at. Doesn't seem to be able to rise above that level unfortunately.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:18am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

At least as a loan player he won't be going down with Dundee United. He might have another go at Wigan now they're in League 1, or it could be another middle of the road Scottish team he ends up at. Doesn't seem to be able to rise above that level unfortunately.

That 20/21 season at St Mirren was something else. 17 goals.

I'm surprised that Celtic didn't sign him off the back of it. Going to Wigan ended up being a disaster.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

I'm surprised that Celtic didn't sign him off the back of it. Going to Wigan ended up being a disaster.

I'm not unless they were looking for someone that's good at penalties then he could have been an option.

10 of his 17 goals were penalties and 7 of his 10 league goals were penalties. Transfermarkt have him down as taking 20 penalties in his career and has only missed once. In him and Keane we've two lads that are good at penalties. Keane has only missed 2 of his 16 and both of those were back when he was a teenager playing U23s.

Edited by J89 - 29 May 2023 at 11:48am
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

I'm not unless they were looking for someone that's good at penalties then he could have been an option.

10 of his 17 goals were penalties and 7 of his 10 league goals were penalties. Transfermarkt have him down as taking 20 penalties in his career and has only missed once. In him and Keane we've two lads that are good at penalties. Keane has only missed 2 of his 16 and both of those were back when he was a teenager playing U23s.

Bruno Fernandes has conned people into thinking he's world class by scoring lots of them. Wink

Unfortunately for us... we rarely get penalties anymore. But we have lost our last 2 penalty shoot-outs, so it would be handy.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2023 at 6:09pm
Joining the maroon huns on a three year deal apparently.
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 10:30pm
No sign of a move for Jamie yet ?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2023 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by DalyerRegular DalyerRegular wrote:

No rush as a free agent
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

No rush as a free agent
Of course there's a rush, the season has already begun.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

No rush as a free agent

On the contrary - it might work out better for him in the long run not to sign for anybody before the transfer deadline. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 9:12am
He can potentially maximise the value of his next contract if he sits tight until September whe clubs have far more limited options. Not ideal in terms of an Ireland call up but he turns 27 next month and probably hasn't made a lot of money from football so far, so he'll want a decent pay day as part of his next contract.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 9:20am
Better of that he holds out for the right club rather than rushing into something and having a repeat of his time at Wigan. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

No rush as a free agent

On the contrary - it might work out better for him in the long run not to sign for anybody before the transfer deadline. 
Hopefully. Although, all depends on the club. If he's fighting for a position, which he more than likely will, then its hard coming into a team with a pre-season behind them and someone in that position who has started the league.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
  Share Topic