You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamie McGrath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 25>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:07pm
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Always liked him as a player with Dundalk but hes has become a better player since his move. Has really progressed into a fine midfielder now. I don't care where he is as long as he is playing weekly. Celtic would be a nice move for him, wonder are they looking at him atal. he would improve that team right now no question.

He has put some serious work in since his move to improve his all round game. He's out of contract next summer so I'd say St Mirren will be cashing in come January. A last minute move to Hibs in the transfer window fell through. A few championship teams were eyeing him too in the last window and if he keeps up these performances at international level Hibs will find it hard to sign him in January.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

650/week??

No way that can be right? I get paid more than that. LOL

Edited by Left foot - 13 Oct 2021 at 12:22pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 12:32pm
id say he was on a good bit more than that at dundalk
I love beer gardens
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 4:29pm

id say he was on a good bit more than that at dundalk

Sounds low.

But St Mirren aren't exactly rolling g in it.

Average gate is 5k 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:11am
£650 a week will be close enough. There is not a lot of money floating around the bottom half of the SPL. I played football with a lad a few years ago who turned down a contract with a team that were in the SPL at the time because the offer was about the same money he was making working for the local Council. He was an exceptionally good player but with the Council he had a good pension and long term career prospects, which he would have had to give up to play full time professional football. It's quite a common issue at that level.

McGrath will still be on the initial contract he signed and won't sign another because he will want to move, so will have to stay on his initial wage until he transfers, probably in January now.

I think Hibs have missed the boat with him, they only had a one hour window right at the end of the transfer period after the Boro deal fell through, but they couldn't get it done in time.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:13am
Wherever he goes next, he needs to play. Not be a squad player.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:14am

Key for him whoever he joins hes starting and are a ball playing side.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:18am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

£650 a week will be close enough. There is not a lot of money floating around the bottom half of the SPL. I played football with a lad a few years ago who turned down a contract with a team that were in the SPL at the time because the offer was about the same money he was making working for the local Council. He was an exceptionally good player but with the Council he had a good pension and long term career prospects, which he would have had to give up to play full time professional football. It's quite a common issue at that level.

McGrath will still be on the initial contract he signed and won't sign another because he will want to move, so will have to stay on his initial wage until he transfers, probably in January now.

I think Hibs have missed the boat with him, they only had a one hour window right at the end of the transfer period after the Boro deal fell through, but they couldn't get it done in time.

Adam Rooney left Aberdeen for then non league Salford city for bigger wages.....

He was Aberdeens top scorer....

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:07am
I'm sure 650 is the basic, he'll have various bonuses in place too like appearances, goals, wins and maybe a small sports brand sponsorship. 

But it is still exceptionally low for a footballer of his clear ability.

It'll be put right in January when he joins another club but agree that he needs a club in which he'll be playing week in week out

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:14am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Always liked him as a player with Dundalk but hes has become a better player since his move. Has really progressed into a fine midfielder now. I don't care where he is as long as he is playing weekly. Celtic would be a nice move for him, wonder are they looking at him atal. he would improve that team right now no question.

Honestly, literally anywhere but Celtic would probably be better. He'd just get lost there like the rest of them that have made that mistake.

+1
Celtic would be a terrible move
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:39am
Wigan were in for him in August and were going to triple his wages, I would imagine with his recent international performances he will get offers from the championship. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

I'm sure 650 is the basic, he'll have various bonuses in place too like appearances, goals, wins and maybe a small sports brand sponsorship. 

It'll be put right in January when he joins another club but agree that he needs a club in which he'll be playing week in week out

Do we think he definitely will be bought in Jan? If he stays the full year until next summer what harm. Middleborough pushed for him too I'd say they would be a lot better off with him they seem to lack any sort of quality in midfield. 

Hopefully he gets a Championship move at least. 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Do we think he definitely will be bought in Jan? If he stays the full year until next summer what harm. Middleborough pushed for him too I'd say they would be a lot better off with him they seem to lack any sort of quality in midfield. 

Sunderland would be a good move for him.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Might be better off financially speaking for himself to see out his contract and move on a free next June, although Saint Mirren will probably want to cash in come January. A decent Championship move should be well within his capabilities.
Idah Dream!
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 1:47pm
Fine performances and looks like he will kick on from this hopefully.  
All the JAck Byrne bedwetters have gone very quiet I see.  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 2:07pm

Edited by Los Aros - 14 Oct 2021 at 2:13pm
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Los Aros Los Aros wrote:

Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

Fine performances and looks like he will kick on from this hopefully.  
All the JAck Byrne bedwetters have gone very quiet I see.  
Jack Byrne was levels ahead of him when they were both in the loi.

Nobodys calling for Byrne to be in the squad right now sure he doesn't even have a club. It shows that he should have been given a better chance and could bring something to the team in the future if he gets the right move.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 25>
  Share Topic