You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamie McGrath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He's bound to end up at Celtic in the next 18 months. No harm for Kenny have a look at him in June if he keeps this form up

Really would you be that confident hed get a move of that size? He’s a fine player in between Alan Browne (more technically sound) and Wes Hoolahan (not quite as technical as that) since people seem to be asking what sort of a player he is. 

Most stand out players in the SPL tend to end up at the Old Firm clubs. He's clearly never going to Rangers so Celtic seems a safe bet. Obviously assuming he continues this kind of form
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 2:44pm

He's bound to end up at Celtic in the next 18 months. No harm for Kenny have a look at him in June if he keeps this form up

Really would you be that confident hed get a move of that size? He’s a fine player in between Alan Browne (more technically sound) and Wes Hoolahan (not quite as technical as that) since people seem to be asking what sort of a player he is. 

Most stand out players in the SPL tend to end up at the Old Firm clubs. He's clearly never going to Rangers so Celtic seems a safe bet. Obviously assuming he continues this kind of form

I was thinking maybe a Championship move in the next 18 months. He’s playing really well but Lewis Ferguson to my eyes would still be in pole position as regards midfielder getting an Old Firm move. Think it’s a 1000/1 he will be at Aberdeen beyond the 21/22 season and tbh may well get a move at the end of this. 

I’d have Mcgrath 2nd behind him.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 4:38pm

The also mostly end up not playing much for either of the two Glasgow teams and moving on again.

Hibs or Hearts would seem a more likely move for him in a year or two I'd say.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:27pm
St Mirren knock Kilmarnock out of the Scottish Cup on penalties after a 3-3 draw to qualify for the semi-finals.

McGrath scored an equaliser in the last minute of extra time after Colin Doyle conceded a penalty for a foul on Jake Doyle-Hayes.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:32pm
They play St Johnstone in the semi final

Edited by Double Maxim - 26 Apr 2021 at 10:32pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Big game for st mirren. Rode their luck tonight, they didn't play well at all. Some composure from mcgrath for the two penalties. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Frabhoy Frabhoy wrote:

Big game for st mirren. Rode their luck tonight, they didn't play well at all. Some composure from mcgrath for the two penalties. 

He was involved in all three goals tonight.

You'd be hard pressed to find an Irish player who had a great, or even good, season but he's undoubtedly one.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:55pm
Not one of his better performances tonight. Took his pens well though and his free kick delivery for Shaughnessy's goal was excellent also.

Will definitely move on to a higher level than St Mirren this summer or next. He's a similar player to Conor Hourihane, both in a positive and a negative sense.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:00pm
Jim Goodwin certainly does his bit for giving Irish players a chance.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:14pm

He should look to bring Troy Parrott in on loan next season. Genuinely. Would take him out of the spotlight a bit and he'd suit the style of football that they're playing at St Mirren.
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He should look to bring Troy Parrott in on loan next season. Genuinely. Would take him out of the spotlight a bit and he'd suit the style of football that they're playing at St Mirren.

Actually agree, Scottish league is tougher than many make it out to be. Big game experience going to parkhead and ibrox. Also, if St mirren win the cup, european football. 

A different setting and a manager like Goodwin would really help him.
Shades of Stokes move to Falkirk about it.  The loan move for McNamara to St Johnstone really helped him too. Be nice to see Parrott go up there and get a few goals. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 4:29pm
16th of the season for McGrath, ten minutes after coming off the bench.

He didn't score in his first eleven games of the season so he actually has 16 in his last 32 games.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 1:45pm
McGrath, McCarthy and Doyle-Hayes all starting for St Mirren in the Scottish Cup semi final at 2pm. It's on BBC1 Scotland which should be available to anyone with a Sky or Freesat box.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2021 at 2:35pm
Shaughnessy also in the St Mirren team.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:10pm
Gets another goal today 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:23pm
Has to be in the next squad. His form deserves it and Kenny knows him only too well. No brainer.
I love beer gardens
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:33pm
Have seen very little of him. Who would he be comparable to? What are his main strengths?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Have seen very little of him. Who would he be comparable to? What are his main strengths?

Never watched a LOI game from 2014-2019?? Shame on you. Shame on all of you LOL
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
  Share Topic