You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamie McGrath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jamie McGrath
    Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 10:38pm
He doesn't appear to have his own thread. Given how well he is doing in the SPL and Jim Goodwin's comments, he is, in my view, one that SK should take a look at during the training camp in Spain.
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:01pm
Ya i dont see why not. He knows him well enough anyway. Always thought he was a tidy player. No harm in giving him a look in and see how he goes.
I love beer gardens
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:02pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:16pm
8 out of his 13 goals have been penalties. Not that I'm trying to diminish his accomplishments, just trying to add some perspective.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:17pm
Why not but if goals in Scotland is the benchmark lets recall Conor Sammon.  Feed the fish and he will score!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:22pm
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:45pm
The amount of penalties does put a slightly different perspective on it but by all accounts he is a very accomplished and reliable penalty taker. 

That lob was class. 

Is he a Wes/Jack Byrne type player (no 10) or more of a Alan Browne/Frank Lampard (no 8) type? 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:02am
Don't know much about him so will bow to the better knowledge of him. He's 24 so coming into his prime. Is he actually going to improve the ireland squad? 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:07am
Haha the lack of LOI knowledge is becoming apparent LOL im not sure would he improve it but he defo wouldnt weaken it. Hes a tidy technical player. Hes no Wes but he might not be a bad option off the bench. 
I love beer gardens
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:09am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

The amount of penalties does put a slightly different perspective on it but by all accounts he is a very accomplished and reliable penalty taker. 

That lob was class. 

Is he a Wes/Jack Byrne type player (no 10) or more of a Alan Browne/Frank Lampard (no 8) type? 

I always got the impression he was more of an Alan Browne/Lampard type than a pure technical no. 10 player. This is only based on what I saw of him at dundalk. I wouldn't be under the impression he is a player that would make us much better but almost a similar option to what we already have. But he is doing very well and if he keeps it up or gets a move then he will deserve a shot as much as anyone else. 
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 8:16am
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

That lob was class. 

I always got the impression he was more of an Alan Browne/Lampard type than a pure technical no. 10 player. This is only based on what I saw of him at dundalk. I wouldn't be under the impression he is a player that would make us much better but almost a similar option to what we already have. But he is doing very well and if he keeps it up or gets a move then he will deserve a shot as much as anyone else. 

He's very different to Browne. Not really a late arriver in the box. Very technically accomplished. Not overly flashy but he's a no. 10 alright. 
You could see his talent very early at Pats but had a habit of being on the periphery of games. I've seen him 4 times this season and his game has moved on. He's physically stronger aswell. He's worth a look for sure. 
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why not but if goals in Scotland is the benchmark lets recall Conor Sammon.  Feed the fish and he will score!

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 10:26am

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with his progress. He was quite skilful at Pats but didn’t look physically able to compete at times. Dundalk obviously fancied their chances of getting him in shape but while he was decent for them, I can’t remember him being exceptional. 

I would imagine the turning point in his career was bumping into drunken me in the toilets at Barack Obama Plaza on the way back from an away match. The words that I spoke to him were probably inspiring. I can’t remember them though 

El Puto Amo
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 10:36am
He has done well well this year, has handled the step up to a stronger league well. Might be worth a look in June if we bring a bigger squad to Spain. Realistically though, if he is to become an established international, he will need to make another step up from St. Mirren to a better club team.
Dr. Pat View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 11:05am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He has done well well this year, has handled the step up to a stronger league well. Might be worth a look in June if we bring a bigger squad to Spain. Realistically though, if he is to become an established international, he will need to make another step up from St. Mirren to a better club team.

Realistically, we have League 1 players in our squad. He probably will move but I don't think he needs in order to make our squad. Sad reality of where we are at the moment.
Geremi has let Kilbane in here, cross comes out to Holland, 1:1!!
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 11:17am
He's bound to end up at Celtic in the next 18 months. No harm for Kenny have a look at him in June if he keeps this form up
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He's bound to end up at Celtic in the next 18 months. No harm for Kenny have a look at him in June if he keeps this form up

Really would you be that confident hed get a move of that size? He’s a fine player in between Alan Browne (more technically sound) and Wes Hoolahan (not quite as technical as that) since people seem to be asking what sort of a player he is. 

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Really would you be that confident hed get a move of that size? He’s a fine player in between Alan Browne (more technically sound) and Wes Hoolahan (not quite as technical as that) since people seem to be asking what sort of a player he is. 

It sounds like he might be able offer us something a little different to Browne and Hourihane so.  The obvious next step from St Mirren would be to a Championship club if he was to get an offer. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic