FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamie McGrath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jamie McGrath
    Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 1:49pm
Goal and an assist for Aberdeen in the Quarter Final win against Kilmarnock today.

Edited by razzmatazaz - 09 Mar 2024 at 2:57pm
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 8:57pm
2 for Jamie today in the SPL. Not to be sniffed at
I love beer gardens
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 8:29am
I think overall McGrath has actually performed better for us than some of his colleagues who play for so called 'bigger' clubs.

He's on a decent run form at the moment too. Great goal last night, great goal at Ibrox a few weeks back 👏 

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 6:55am
Ybig has been around now what nearly 15 years and during that time it has always been the case that new players who are not in the squad are held up as having loads of talent and should be tried now and players who have been tried have been useless.  Looking at the bigger picture during that time actually shows the talent of
The players has been decreasing in the main and that more often than not the existing player has been better that what was coming next.  Lads get themselves worked up about marginal calls and it’s often over one lad who is knocking around at championship level over another lad who is doing the same.  The way some people go it’s like managers have been holding back Evan Fergusons in favour of Job Mackens.  McGrath is actually one of the players who has fitted in at international football and has played well against players who are playing at a way higher level than him.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 6:22am
At international level, he looked excellent against Gibraltar. He looked poor against the Netherlands when we were chasing a score. He looked okay in games where we were not chasing a goal. He looks good in the SPL. He has been deemed not good enough in England at League One and Championship, albeit at a basket case club. 

I think it is quite clear that he has a ceiling and can serve a purpose against weaker teams or against better opposition that we are trying to contain. Otherwise, against comparable or better opposition when we are trying to win he just is not at the required level.

That is my view anyway and I think there's enough evidence to say that. I think Daryl Horgan had a similar profile and eventually made way. I think McGrath is benefitting from Kenny knowing and trusting him and being in a position where it isn't in his interests to take a risk and consider Azaz or another alternative (not a huge MLS insider or fan but Ronan too perhaps, I'd leave Moran alone for the sake of the 21s).
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 11:46pm
did some digging, you have to go back more than a decade for the last Irish player to scored a goal in European competition in Greece
https://twitter.com/irish_abroad/status/1722755849783763124

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Excellent goal. Criminally underrated on here, his performances for Ireland have been very good.

Like when? 

Our most recent game for a start - not to mention Portugal x2, Serbia, Qatar, Malta, and tbe first Gibraltar game as well. In other words, almost every game he's played for us Clap

Against the mighty Gibraltar?  Are you for real?  I'd look good against a postman and a customs inspector!

You're having a laugh.  He is a terrible player playing in a terrible league. 

Someone has to do it, and McGrath has consistently stepped up. Some says it's easy to do it against weaker sides, but if that's true then why doesn't every player do it?

Good job avoiding Portugal (twice) and Serbia btw, fairly typical of your level of posting. Stick to the puns maybe? Clown

Lets be clear your level of rating EIRE players is embarrassing to say the least.  Like Mary Poppins on heroin level of happiness at Jamie McGrath completing one sideways pass in 90 mins.

Actual player match rating:
Jamie McGrath 5/10
O'Shea Player rating:  100,000 /10

What is orgasm, how is orgasm in women? | by Lamia TĂźkenmez | Medium

Big smile
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 11:38pm
I think McGrath has been decent. He had a few really good games for us near the start, then he had a couple of poor performances when he got back in after being out in the cold at club and international level.
He was frustrating poor when he came on against the Dutch but it was only a cameo. 
I wouldn’t be writing him off though. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 11:08pm

Excellent goal. Criminally underrated on here, his performances for Ireland have been very good.

Like when? 

Our most recent game for a start - not to mention Portugal x2, Serbia, Qatar, Malta, and tbe first Gibraltar game as well. In other words, almost every game he's played for us Clap

Against the mighty Gibraltar?  Are you for real?  I'd look good against a postman and a customs inspector!

Someone has to do it, and McGrath has consistently stepped up. Some says it's easy to do it against weaker sides, but if that's true then why doesn't every player do it?

Good job avoiding Portugal (twice) and Serbia btw, fairly typical of your level of posting. Stick to the puns maybe? Clown

Lets be clear your level of rating EIRE players is embarrassing to say the least.  Like Mary Poppins on heroin level of happiness at Jamie McGrath completing one sideways pass in 90 mins.

Actual player match rating:
Jamie McGrath 5/10
O'Shea Player rating:  100,000 /10

What is orgasm, how is orgasm in women? | by Lamia TĂźkenmez | Medium

Edited by Trap junior - 09 Nov 2023 at 11:12pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 11:01pm

Like when? 

We're decent enough..
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 10:56pm
he mightn't be great at club level but he's always been one of our best players when he's played for us. A low bar but still hes been effective
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 10:15pm
‘‘Twas some free kick 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Like when? 

The internet summed up in one exchange.
Loads of hyperbole and overstatement. 
yep!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 9:59pm

Like when? 

The internet summed up in one exchange.
Loads of hyperbole and overstatement. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 9:55pm

Like when? 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 9:50pm

Like when? 

We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 9:42pm

Like when? 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 7:48pm
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic