Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 58>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General league of Ireland chat
    Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 7:32pm
Handy thread for chat not specific to a club etc.

Just after seeing Harps go ahead there and has to be said, the quality of goal in both divisions in the first few weeks has been outrageous. Some unbelievable strikes. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 8:25pm
League of Ireland has in recent years produced some ridiculous strikes, goals that would be goal of the season contenders in any league in the world. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 8:43pm
That Kavanagh goal yesterday was one of the best I've ever seen in the flesh, aa belter

Good start to both leagues with the unexpected results, teams expected to do well not doing so and vice versa 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 9:30pm
WatchLOI is f**king sh*te 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:10pm
Devine out!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I don’t know if it’s my tv, internet or watchloi but during the Pats game earlier and Longford yesterday, my screen flashed black for about 1/2 a second every 20 or so seconds. So irritating.

Netflix, Disney etc all work fine so I think it’s watchloi.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I don’t know if it’s my tv, internet or watchloi but during the Pats game earlier and Longford yesterday, my screen flashed black for about 1/2 a second every 20 or so seconds. So irritating.

Netflix, Disney etc all work fine so I think it’s watchloi.
It’s watchLOI. There’s been a different issue with every Bohs game so far, it’s bad enough watching them being sh*te but RTE don’t seem to give a f**k about it. 
They’ll complain about sign up numbers soon, after going at completely half arsed. 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 10:43pm

Have found it poor enough this season. WiFi not the best here but having a lot more problems with it this season than last. I think having every game spread out last year would have helped it.
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 10:59am
No replays on WatchLOI is the worst thing. I guess they would need someone back in the studio to do this, meaning an extra person on every stream, meaning a higher cost. But still, it's a major drawback.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:20am
To be honest the negative feedback would put me off getting the pass.

Where do the problems stem?

Who is in charge of recording games etc? 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:22am
And for all it's faults, in fairness, it is a new and brilliant initiative which can only be good for domestic football in the long term. Hopefully mistakes can be rectified and they can improve as they go.

Mayo GAA have had a similar thing for club football here for around 3 years. Improving all the time  
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:30am
For the first division, we were given the option of paying extra to do replays, I'm not sure whether anyone has taken it up, money isn't exactly flowing in the league.

To be fair to the FAI, they've pumped a lot of money into loi TV for the first division, was always going to be some teething issues with it. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 11:42am
Cabo streamed their match against Cork the other night for free on their Facebook page.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 1:46pm
I've enjoyed the games I've watched so far. The quality is very good and it's worth the 59e.

The replays would be a nice edition.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 1:51pm
WatchLOI started off as "fans can't go to games, so this allows them to see it". Hence a fixed camera in one spot in the ground with no replays, somewhat replciating the being at a match view.

The same production as a TG4/RTE/Setanta football coverage wold cost far too much unfortunately.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 1:56pm
it’s better than nothing but I’m really missing the whole match night experience. Even if we’re playing sh*t it’s still the whole package appeals to me, tv football is just weird.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

it’s better than nothing but I’m really missing the whole match night experience. Even if we’re playing sh*t it’s still the whole package appeals to me, tv football is just weird.

This weekend especially, what a day yesterday and Friday would have been, few pints with friends, into the game and our for a few after, would've been brilliant. Won't ever take it for granted again. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 4:14pm
It’s better than nothing & is worth €59 but it’s never gonna appeal to a wider audience being half arsed. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 58>
  Share Topic